North American Champion Winning Decklists 2013

I thought I’d repost them here for discussion:

Jinteki: Personal Evolution / National Champion (49 cards)

Agenda (11)
2 Braintrust
2 False Lead
3 Fetal AI
2 Gila Hands Arcology
2 Priority Requisition

Asset (6)
2 Cerebral Overwriter •• ••
1 Ronin
3 Snare!

Upgrade (3)
3 Hokusai Grid

Operation (10)
3 Beanstalk Royalties • • •
3 Hedge Fund
3 Neural EMP
1 Scorched Earth ••••

Barrier (3)
1 Bastion
1 Ice Wall •
1 Wall of Static

Code Gate (8)
3 Chum
2 Enigma
3 Pop-up Window • • •

Sentry (3)
3 Neural Katana

ICE (5)
2 Chimera
3 Data Mine

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker / National Champion (45 cards)

Event (14)
2 Dirty Laundry
1 Escher
3 Infiltration
2 Modded
1 Scavenge
2 Stimhack • •
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (11)
3 Clone Chip
3 Desperado ••• ••• •••
2 Plascrete Carapace
3 R&D Interface

Resource (9)
3 Daily Casts
3 Kati Jones
3 Professional Contacts

Icebreaker (5)
3 Atman
1 Deus X
1 Femme Fatale •

Program (6)
3 Datasucker • • •
3 Self-modifying Code

Congratulations to Justin Kopinsky!

Btw, in his pre-tournament write-up about his Kate deck, Alex gets a mention for his Stimhack article on Professional Contacts for having turned him onto the card’s raw power!

1 Like

Those lists look to be incredibly well-tuned. I can’t imagine throwing decks together looking like those lists without a vast amount of testing to see if they could actually work well.

1 Like

I didn’t have the pressure of having to prepare for the tournament and fine tune my shaper deck, but let me just say (only because I’m jumping up and down in excitement at seeing this win) that I was onto the power of running Atman as your primary/only real breaker. I sent @szymkodf a bunch of messages when I early started proxy testing CnC about how insane solo Atman was.

However, what I should’ve listened to was when @szymkodf kept telling me that I should try Professional Contacts in the deck (which I initially thought was an awful card). Then later on, when @Alexfrog did his analysis, I started to be convinced when I saw the raw numbers.

In any case, I wonder if such decks will even continue to be as viable with the new deadly NBN agenda: Character Assassination.

Lifted from a pm to @szymkodf from July 25, here’s the exact version I was testing:

Chaos Theory (40)[15]

Program (9)[9]
3 Self-Modifying Code
3 Datasucker • • •
3 Parasite •• •• ••

Icebreaker (3)[0]
3 Atman

Event (9)[3]
3 Sure Gamble
3 Diesel
3 Dirty Laundry

Hardware (8)[3]
2 Desperado ••• •••
3 R&D Interface
3 Clone Chip
2 Plascrete Carapace

Resource (9)[0]
3 Kati Jones
3 Daily Cast
3 Personal Workshop

Really fascinating for me to see the differences and compare what improvements Kopinsky opted for through testing (and his choice to opt for economic efficiency through Kate, versus I opted for CT for extra Parasite memory). Also gets me jittery excited imagining what I might’ve come up with had I the opportunity to attend a large tournament (and the pressure to fine tune that comes with it).

Having delusions of grandeur, when I had pm’d to @szymkodf the above deck list back at the end of July I raved about it as the greatest thing ever. In a similar excited manner, Kopinsky wrote a bit over a week ago, “I’ve playtested this deck a lot now, and I honestly have no idea what beats it”.

In any case, I was planning to keep this deck a secret until after worlds, but looks like there is no point continuing to hide it.

Would this breaker setup also work in other decks? Criminal play datasucker as well and could pack SMC or Clone Chip

@Argamas The initial problem is you need 3x Datasucker • to go with those 3x Atman ••• and that is 12 influence already for criminal.

Valid point, If it was 11 it was perfect, because you could still play 2 RDI’s. Now you need to cut a datasucker or Atman, which is a big compromise.

Here is the Kate list I tested extensively prior to nationals: http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/v2x3jn3XaSs4rWc9m/

Grimore Gunslinger (45 cards)

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker

Event (8)
1 Escher
2 Scavenge
3 Sure Gamble
2 Test Run

Hardware (11)
3 Akamatsu Mem Chip
3 Clone Chip
2 Grimoire
3 R&D Interface

Resource (8)
3 Daily Casts
2 Kati Jones
3 Professional Contacts

Icebreaker (6)
3 Atman
1 Deus X
1 Femme Fatale
1 Yog.0

Program (12)
2 Datasucker
1 Imp
1 Magnum Opus
2 Parasite
3 Sahasrara
3 Self-modifying Code

I narrowed each side down to a “top three”. On the runner side, those were a Sahasrara Noise list, the above, and an Indexing-focused Andromeda list that I eventually took. I’m still of the opinion that my Andy list is better overall, but a lot of people were taken by surprise by the Atman–they hadn’t taken precautions during deckbuilding, so there were a lot of lists with only str 4/2 ICE.

1 Like

Then don’t play RDI, play 1 medium to tutor out! Oh wait were not talking about shaper…I’m an idiot lmao

I am amazed that Hosukai Grid is in the list. I was initially really high on the Hosukai Grid, but it never performed well for me. I prefer always-advance with MOAR RONIN.

1 Like

i find hokusai solid especially in the same server with fetal. one of my favorite remote servers to try and set up with my jinteki deck is cheap ice -> tollbooth -> fetal/hokusai. a lot of times this just means this remote is never run again and i have to race the rnd lock but i guess thats acceptable.

i too love ronin. mainly because its proactive. you can pull off some wicked plays if you clock the runner discards carefully. whenever you see a copy of a great card go into the trash after the runner has drawn and is discarding down to the end the turn consider popping a ronin. i think its won me a few games i would have been blown out it in.

I also have found Hokusai very solid, especially late game in combination with Fetal. I rarely try to score Fetals early game, so I usually have at least one in my hand. Fetal in a server with Hokusai and protected by 2 Datamines is 6 net damage. With 3 Neural Emps in hand, you’re at 9 net damage. That basically means (baring some kind of jinteki hate) if you get to 5 points, you can drop a Fetal and double advance it, knowing that either the runner gets it and flatlines, or you win the game…

Sure, you can do that without Hokusai, but I find it works better with it…

ETA: Has anyone seen lists for the other top 16 decks? I heard rumors of an innovative J:RP deck I’d love to see the list for.

Runner up posted his decks too. It got Wyrm!!

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core)

Total Cards: (45)
Event (8)
Stimhack (Core #4) x3
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x3
Deja Vu (Core #2) x2

Hardware (6)
Grimoire (Core #6) x3
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead #9) x2
Clone Chip (Creation and Control #38) x1 ■■

Program (19)
Parasite (Core #12) x3
Wyrm (Core #13) x1
Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus #41) x1
Djinn (Core #9) x2
Medium (Core #10) x3
Imp (What Lies Ahead #3) x3
Crypsis (Core #51) x3
Datasucker (Core #8) x3

Resource (12)
Wyldside (Core #16) x3
Daily Casts (Creation and Control #53) x3
Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus #49) x2 ■■■■
Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core #47) x2 ■■
Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow #91) x2

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 57
Criminal: 0
Shaper: 14

Identity:
Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core)

Total Cards: (49)
Agenda (11)
Accelerated Beta Test (Core #55) x3
Director Haas’ Pet Project (Creation and Control #4) x1
Efficiency Committee (Creation and Control #5) x3
Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control #23) x1
Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus #51) x3

Asset (6)
Adonis Campaign (Core #56) x3
Melange Mining Corp (Core #108) x3

ICE (19)
Rototurret (Core #64) x2
Bastion (Creation and Control #26) x2
Enigma (Core #111) x2
Wall of Static (Core #113) x3
Eli 1.0 (Future Proof #110) x3
Neural Katana (Core #77) x1 ■■
Ichi 1.0 (Core #62) x2
Ice Wall (Core #103) x3 ■
Viper (Cyber Exodus #52) x1

Operation (10)
Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static #70) x1
Biotic Labor (Core #59) x3
Archived Memories (Core #58) x3
Hedge Fund (Core #110) x3

Upgrade (3)
SanSan City Grid (Core #92) x3 ■■■

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 35
Jinteki: 2
NBN: 9
The Weyland Consortium: 3

Jimmy likes that Wyrm, and I wasn’t able to convince him of Sahasrara’s superiority :). He’s a strong, strong player. Makes almost no mistakes ever. Wyrm-accelerated Parasite death.