Now You See Me - The Harishchandra and John Cena discussion

The Salem Springer Show

Harishchandra Ent.: Where You’re the Star (Fear the Masses)

Agenda (13)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]☆☆☆[/color]
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
3x Explode-a-palooza (Old Hollywood)
1x Project Beale (Future Proof)
3x Quantum Predictive Model (Data and Destiny)

Asset (8)
1x Ibrahim Salem (Fear the Masses)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
2x Sensie Actors Union (Democracy and Dogma)
2x Snare! (Core Set) [color=#DC143C]••••[/color]

Operation (19)
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof)
3x Salem’s Hospitality (Salsette Island)
2x Scorched Earth (Core Set) [color=#006400]••••• •••[/color]
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
1x The All-Seeing I (Data and Destiny)
2x Traffic Accident (Order and Chaos) [color=#006400]••[/color]
2x 24/7 News Cycle (Data and Destiny)

Barrier (3)
3x Resistor (Data and Destiny)

Code Gate (3)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)

Sentry (3)
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
14 influence spent (max 17-3☆=14)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Fear the Masses

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

So lets talk about this. I immediately go to a butcher shop place. but maybe a control build is better?

What does this deck gain from IDs power which makes you not prefer NEH’s draw or Haarp’s protection against R&D digging and way better chances to score food for 24/7?

Also, I think every NBN Midseasons deck wants to be in alliance with Weyland to have Consulting Visit. Having Midseasons ready to fire right from the start most games is great, especially when many decks will turn it off as soon as they find Film Critic.

2 Likes

Thats fair on both counts. Thats why I am shouting into the void. I want feedback.

Maybe this deck doesnt go for the Haarp strat and instead goes for the first NBN control deck about denying breakers and cards. a Semi glacier with control?

Shouldn’t Blacklist be a part of such a deck? Too many targets to hit if you allow them to recur it…

Thats a really good call.

I think control is definitely the way to go with this ID. Butchershop, once the runner is tagged, doesn’t care that much about what’s in their hand (other than IHW or ways to recur it), and the best way to check for IHW is simply a kill attempt or a blind Salem’s. You have plenty of kill pieces there.

On the other hand, a semiglacier taxing build, using Exchange of Information, All-Seeing I and Closed Accounts as their tag punishment, is hurt the most by tagged runner doing last effort glory runs aganst the odds, and event tricks are best for such attempts, so forcing the runner to play those as soon as they’re drawn or losing them to a targeted Salem’s should help a lot. This is where Harishchandra can do a lot of work. Not sure if it will help more than abilities which help keeping the runner tagged (Making News and SYNC) but IMO worth trying more than kill.

3 Likes

Do you have any thoughts as to what that might look like?

I’d take @Dragar’s Sol, remove currents & News Hounds, add Salem’s and some replacement ice (Eli, Gutenberg etc) and use this as a starting point, tweaking while testing.

1 Like

I did something similar to what you have here, but I don’t think it greatly benefits from the ID ability until far too late. Maybe this deck needs to do the KalaGhodaRealTV thing with Closed and EOI? No idea. The ID is sweet though.

1 Like

How about a rush plan into control? You know his hand, so you have a lot more control over rush plays (what ice to play and if it’s safe or not). Then late game transition into Salem/Blacklist lockdown.

You do need something to hit breakers on the board.

Weyland alliance is key for a kill deck here, I agree. 3x MCH, 2x Traffic, 1-2x Scorched makes sense to me as a minimum build since MCH’s ability to play Salem’s or Consulting Visit at any point is just broken. Then you don’t really need that much draw (e.g. Sensie) since your tutoring is so strong, & it works really well with NBN’s existing grab-bag of tag punishment (one-of Closed Accounts, ASI, Psychographics).

Actually just occurred to me: Closed Accounts into Power Grid Overload might be one of the easiest ways to dispose of a Plascrete post-Midseason.

Without any sort of testing yet, this is what I’ve come up with. Basically ported eoi sync over to this id and added some options for kill. Fast advance and eoi tricks are still very viable and reliable ways to win but now there’s an option to just tear the runners hand apart or flat out kill them. Definitely could use some work and probably drop an ice or two for a third salems but this is what i am going to test for now. Also, econ feels a bit light after dropping the blue level clearances for scorched. Wondering if a restructure or 2 would be worth it

Harishchandra Ent.: Where You’re the Corpse!

Harishchandra Ent.: Where You’re the Star (Fear the Masses)

Agenda (10)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]☆☆☆[/color]
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]•••[/color]
1x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

Upgrade (6)
2x Bernice Mai (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)
3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]☆☆☆[/color]

Operation (15)
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
2x Exchange of Information (The Liberated Mind)
1x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Psychographics (Core Set)
2x Salem’s Hospitality (Salsette Island)
2x Scorched Earth (Core Set) [color=#006400]••••• •••[/color]
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (6)
2x Resistor (Data and Destiny)
2x Vanilla (The Liberated Mind)
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (4)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Quandary (Double Time)

Sentry (5)
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
2x Turnpike (Data and Destiny)
11 influence spent (max 17-6☆=11)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Fear the Masses

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

What about Keegan Lane?

2 Likes

you know when you start tossing around the words ‘control’ or ‘denial’ with NBN everyone’s favorite puppy starts panting :slight_smile:

He just wants to be loved.

1 Like

Yes, Data Hound for lyfe