NRDB in Review ┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻ *9-9-16

@higgs_bozo needs to share his OCA list. It was pretty interesting.

In my Sunny testing, I’ve disliked Career Fair and Modded, and I think you hit it right here: If you include those cards, you need more card draw to justify them, and Sunny already needs a ton of card draw to get through the 50-card deck to get set up, so it’s hard to use them.

I’d hit a point in my testing where I was contemplating removing Earthrise from Sunny, and it’s because I put Proco into the deck. Yes, Proco, the biggest -Tempo card since Magnum Opus. I was also using Supplier, but I think that could’ve potentially been Personal Workshop if I had less resources and more Hardware/programs.

The problem, however, as always, was that it set up too. damn. slowly. DLR Val on paper looks like it has the same problem, but Val has Blackmail to keep the corp stuck in the early game while she sets up. Sunny has no tricks to get into servers early on while she’s setting up, save Security Nexus. That’s why Nexus is so crucial to Sunny builds, and is probably why it’s seeing success in Kate, doing the same thing for her, and Kate sets up faster than Sunny.

(And of course, you compare Blackmail to Security Nexus and they look similar, except Nexus costs 7 more credits, and requires you to get a bunch more Link strung together, while still beating the Corp on economy… Ok so they’re comparable in that they achieve the same end result… Except that Blackmail needs next to no setup, and probably is singlehandedly responsible for Valencia being playable.)

4 Likes

I actually think Street Peddler is pretty solid in Sunny. At one influence, and with a deck low on events and (presumably, at 50 cards) redundancy, it feels like an auto-include. I don’t know if that mitigates the rest of the setup time problems though.

3 Likes

I’ll publish it tomorrow after I do a write-up, but here’s the un-published link:

2 Likes

disturbing lack of yo momma jokes in here, ya’ll

yo momma so desperate she splashes for modded

9 Likes

I don’t know why people are so fixated on Modded when Lucky Find is staring them in the face as a 2-influence alternative.

3 Likes

This is certainly something I’ve been going back and forth on in my Sunny builds. My reasoning for inclusion was that drip takes upfront costs to set up, which leaves you hurting to actually install stuff until the drip actually gets going. Modded/Career Fair help in that regard because you can install several things from 0-to-cheap even right after you’ve installed your latest drip card. But you are right. The trade-off is that you now need BOTH modded/career fair in your hand AND the thing you are using it to install, which requires all the draw.

I know that for me, the problem is simply that I don’t have the card IRL yet ;).

1 Like

I feel like the bashing WAS the playtest results.

2 Likes

Cool deck. I especially love how you don’t fixate on getting 5 link. Trace 5 vs. 3 link is good enough, especially for drip econ.

Might even sleeve it up as my fun deck for the week.

1 Like

Yo momma so slow when she tried to run a server the NAPD gave her a parking ticket.

Yo momma so slow she was late to her own flatline.

Yo momma so slow her Security Nexus makes dial up sounds.

Yo momma so slow her hopper flies backwards.

Yo momma so slow Iain Stirling has a better Astrobiotics matchup.

31 Likes

Bahahahahaha!!!

1 Like

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

14 Likes

Someone get us a Sunny meme ASAP:

When you tryna set up drip Econ but the fam keep roasting you

4 Likes

It just occured to me that Sunny has cloudy icebreakers. drops mic

8 Likes

I feel this deck is decent mostly because if you have Faust and decent draw, it won’t matter that much what other cards are in, as many of them are pitched to Faust anyway. The question is, why not do this in Shaper instead, so that:

• you can add SMC/Test Run until you consistently get your Faust out early while spending 2 influence on it instead of 6 (and you begin looking for Faust in a 45-card deck, or 40-card if you really want to),
  • you have better card draw than anything you could import into Sunny because you are Shaper,
  • you can throw your cards to Faust more than once because you have Levy in faction

(Or maybe in Anarch. Here.you have great in faction draw as well and junk you throw to Faust is Anarch junk, which means that in games where it actually works, it can wreck havoc).

1 Like

Here’s the Sunny deck I’ve been working on; I think it’s fairly decent. Stimhack/SMC/Peddler speed you up and The Source slows the corp down. Eventually you make a million dollars and prevent the corp from ever doing anything. No Security Nexus because it’s too expensive to play early and not needed later on.

5 Likes

When you almost set up but the fam on 15 points

4 Likes

I’m terrible at images. 15 minutes into game 1 NEH looks at you like:

9 Likes

Mom, its just the 3rd date! AND I’M IN LOOOOOVE. You just don’t understand.

3 Likes

Oh, oh no.

It didn’t have to be like this, NRDB. You could have picked “ur ded m8”. That wouldn’t have been great, but it was workable.

This one though…I’m sorry @Chill84.

2 Likes