NRDB in Review ┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻ *9-9-16

I don’t know that I agree. I just read through the comments on NRDB and it’s clear the creator thinks it’s a good deck and reported having success against popular tier 1 decks. Aside from briefly mentioning that they were aiming for a tier 1 haley deck, it didn’t seem at all pretentious about becoming the best or nearly the best deck ever.

2 Likes

Yeah, completely agree. I don’t see anywhere where they come close to suggesting they think it’s as good as PPVP Kate, or even where they respond in a high handed manner at all. Most of the change suggestions are answered with variations on “maybe that would work for you but it doesn’t suit the way I play it”. That seems fair enough to me and it isn’t saying the change suggestions are actually wrong.

1 Like

I spend 2 recurring credits, pump corroder and bump this thread.

11-9-15 issue is out.

6 Likes

Someone in my meta made a really good point regarding Adam. We know that FFG has no issue printing singles of weird cards like Biotech. There was no reason why they printed three of each directive as opposed to one of each and two real cards. Adam basically got a really long text box, a couple cards that turn it off, a console that only works if you snipe agendas early, and Multithreader.

Speaking of.

Multithreader may not be a crazy-ass card that turns tags into sandwiches or whatever, but it gets work done. It’s Cyberfeeder on crack. FFG just forgot to print it in green is all. Kate absolutely loves this thing, and even if her only extra MU is Astrolabe she can still fit it pretty easily. When your recurring credit card of choice hits parity after once use and you can use it every turn you’re doing pretty well for yourself. I took a prepaid Kate shell, replaced two Datasuckers for two Multithreaders, and had an infinitely better time.

The only reason it’s in Adam’s faction is so it costs influence in real factions.

3 Likes

I have to say, this is my favorite of the series so far. I can really appreciate that the ‘attitude’ was redirected towards cards and not nerdbears and/or the deck’s author.

Keep it up.

4 Likes

I’ll respectfully disagree on the Multithreader rant at the end.
Sure, it’s not the best card ever, but it’s basically a Datasucker you can use up to two times a turn without having to load it first, and works after a Purge.
It’s a Daily Casts that never runs out but only pays if you initiate a run that turn, and takes an MU.

The only runners that dislike it are multi-run runners; so Medium digs or Criminals aren’t as enthused. (Unless you’re using those recurring credits to get into a Desperado/SecTest server in which case… Yay!)

For your perspective on the actual deck, I was surprised this made it to front page on NRDB, and then was excited to read your opinion on it, since in my experience the E3 Adam build wasn’t QUITE there. (Then again, most Adam builds aren’t quite there either, so…) I do like the observation that it’s a good teaching deck for a new Corp, though. Good work. :smiley:

1 Like

I guess i’m glad to see Adam on the front page, but E3…ehhh…nnn… :confused:

This is sad but true. Really do wish there was one more card in faction for him.

1 Like

But it doesn’t support Mimic, Atman, or Parasite play, which are all wonderful reasons to run datasucker.

5 Likes

Oh no, a reason to not use the Anarch breaker suite that cost only 1 influence each…

:wink:

I kid, you bring up a good point which is honestly the best reason to not run Multithreader.

1 Like

Here’s an advertisement that doesn’t cost you a credit. bump.

6 Likes

Hi, could you add a link in your bumping post? It is simpler to just click it than going to the top and read it from there.

6 Likes

Good writeup. :smile:

I do disagree slightly in that the deck doesn’t work when you know its contents… It just doesn’t work As Well. Its gameplan is still ‘Make Runner poor, then go scoring behind Turnpike/Tollbooth, or a naked server if they’ve gotten deflated and aren’t running anywhere.’ If you know what’s going on, you will likely keep checking the remotes…

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. The deck wins games and did as well as it did in KoS for a reason. Turns out making the runner poor and scoring behind Tollbooth with Ash is even better when you can slap the runner in the wallet.

It’s a super trolly deck though, make no mistake. With a little refinement I think there’s definitely a competitive deck here.

1 Like

I revised my post after sleeping on it, I think ripping on @Zeromus’s deck was a good opportunity to talk about netrunner mind games.

Ooh, a new deck named ‘Eviscerator’… Obviously Chill will praise this one, right? … Right? :wink:

3 Likes

Excited to see how he rips this one apart.

…geddit? Geddit?

5 Likes

I have literally no idea how that deck is supposed to win games. Looking forward to this one.

1 Like

That Apex reminds me of those oldschool Gabe lists. And similarly to those, I don’t think it needs a win condition. I am looking forward to Chill’s article because this deck it looks pretty promising, as opposed to the crap that becomes Decklist Of The Week sometimes.

1 Like

Run all three centrals and blow up this damn thread… It’s a very special thanksgiving episode of NRDBir

21 Likes

I’m tempted to just leave ‘<3’ and move on…

But wow, I liked this article. I could really tell you were trying to find something positive to say about the deck.

I’m going to take that garlic sauce and give it to Quetzal. Similar to how everyone else gets to play with Weyland’s toys, and do it better, everyone else will play with Apex’s toys… And do it better. The ID really disappointed me.

2 Likes