Official Dumblefork Thread

I agree. I think I will test it in the slots that were packing my salsette. Salsette has been good in a handful of games and just bad in a bunch of others.

I run 3MaE and I love it. Its very similar to the way inject functions in Noise.

The question for me right now is number of clone chips, and whether to go up to 3*chrono to deal with rush better.

Is MaE better than Peddler? I guess after the draw engine is out MaE seems better since you don’t lose cutlery like by playing Peddler, but for getting the engine out Peddler seems faster. Could be very wrong here though, I have barely tested MaE.

its just more flexible. also, dumble is quite event heavy

Hm, around a 3rd of the deck are events. I guess that’s a bit limiting for Peddler, but not straight up a deal breaker. I guess I’m just not seeing the acceleration provided by MaE. Do you use it aggressively, trashing multiple cards when playing it?

being able to see down to card 11 on your first click on the first turn increases your chances of drawing your wyldside (and incidentially any other useful stuff you might want in the early game like chrono/econ/datasucker/faust) from 36% (base case of first 5 cards + click 1 draw for a card) to 58%. if you don’t see what you want you can pitch all 6 cards which is saving a lot of time in terms of setting up your engine. in the general case im mostly pitching duplicates or things I wont need in this matchup (plascrete/levy etc).

later on in the game its good for finding that thing you really need right now - plascrete/turntable/clone/cutlery. if you have everything, its just faust fodder, and its nice to have some redundant cards in the deck for that.

Are you saying it’s nice to have redundant cards in your deck? Rather than useful cards, that could also be fodder?

I am saying that it is good to have cards whose value changes during the game. Im not saying its good to throw in some record reconstructors because they are faust food.

MaE as an example, its value is a function of how well set up you already are. It facilitates your engine, and once your engine is setup its food for it. In this sense it is always useful, yet its function changes throughout the game.

So yes, useful cards that turn into fodder once they are no longer relevant (multiple copies of wyldside/chrono are other examples). its far better to throw cards to faust that have outlived their usefulness rather than stuff you will need like cutlery and parasites. I often find myself making hard choices in the early /mid game with faust, especially if my hand is flooded with good, but not good now cards like cutlery. having a few more cards in the deck that turn into ‘duds’ makes those decisions far more easier.

5 Likes

I’ve found myself with 2 spare slots in my build, I’ve been testing Imp and it seems pretty good. I don’t run plascrete (do run Neutralize All Threats), so Imp on HQ is awesome, esp with double access. It also helps in the IG MU to free yourself from Pav prison to draw back up to continue the HQ/RnD assault. I find Imp to almost never be a dead card, even with whizz credits.

Is it overkill?

Imp was always good in L4J too, but seemed to get cut.

with corps migrating away from assets specifically because of whiz (operation econ in Palana, IGs ability, butchershop decks) it could be a decent meta call, covering both bases

A friend brought standard Whizzard to our meetup, but instead of Cutlery he had anti-IG tech. 1 Employee Strike, 2 Slums, 1 PolOp, Deja Vu. It completely dominated Museum IG. Mills recursion couldn’t put up a fight. If people are worried about IG, you can definitely tech to destroy.

Right, but 2 slums eats slots pretty quickly.

I agree though, 2 slums will win you games against IG, if that is the big bad you are teching against.

Unfortunately, those probably are the same 2 slots that you would use to put in say MaE, which will help you set up your game winning combo faster.

Its a tough call as to what is better. I am leaning towards going down to x1 all of the cutlery and x2 same old thing in favor of freeing up just one more deck slot.

In order to fit in 3 MaE, I’ve forgone all the 1 inf tech slot/bullets.

My current thinking is just to get online asap, and go all in on ice destruction with 3 clone chips.

Also, Im getting my faust killed by swordsman or batty out of Palana all the time, so I want recursion back rather than fluffy/situational bullets.

A few of those bullets really help, but I get you.

I don’t think I would drop my x1 Film Critic though. Especially with how much butcher shop I have seen lately. That card wins games.

With Rebirth right around the corner, is it perhaps worth considering swapping the ID to Val, plugging in three making an entrance and dropping in two blackmails, along with swapping out one influence?

My thinking is, that although Rebirth isn’t exactly reliable, it will let you tailor your ID to the matchup. Dumbleforks also will traditionally draw through the whole deck, so you will see it usually before your first reset.

Playing kill combo or some ops combo? Swap to Kim!
Need a bit more speed? Swap to MaxX!
Playing CI? Swap to Noise!
Asset play? Get that Whizzard ID stat, and enjoy your +1 credit for trashing stuff.

3 Likes

This was my thought, but I really would want all three Blackmail. I think I’d find a cut somewhere to slot that in. Although, we should ask ourselves if it wouldn’t just be better finding a way to get to 45/46 and being that much faster.

I would love to actually know how much worse statistically a deck that packs x3 making an entrance, x3 I’ve Had Worse and x3 Wyldside in 50 cards is compared to a deck that is packing x3 I’ve Had Worse and x3 Wyldside in 45. I am pretty terrible at the maths though.

Because it seems to me like it would be pretty close, within like maybe a few percentage points of efficiency.

Maybe even slightly better if you are using those MaE’s to find your Wyldsides.

Its something I think that is worth checking out. Even though rebirth is a “tech slot” influence wise, its a potent one.

In my experience, you don’t want to click one Make An Entrance, trash some decent cards; click 2 draw Wyldside; click 3 install Wyldside.

What you want is Wyldside in your opening hand.

In some match-ups the difference may not be huge, but in others those few lost clicks on your first turn are significant.

There’s a quote. As no one can guarantee having it in their opening hand though, having cards that get you Wyldside (or other key cards) as quickly as possible are gold.

4 Likes

Valencia can also benefit pretty well from Peddler (using the BP) to find the Wyldside faster. It’s not as good in Whizzard (though to be honest it’s not as great in Val anymore either, with the loss of Desperado).

If you have a Career Fair in hand or in the top 6 as well, you can also draw that and you’re not losing that much tempo. At least credit wise (or Gamble in hand works too, but not in MaE cards).

Though I’ve noticed that I’m very scared of installing Wyldside turn one if I’m playing vs NBN and they’ve got a facedown remote installed first turn. It’s too much if it’s a BN and Wyldside goes away.

1 Like