Official Dumblefork Thread

One deck in the local meta I’ve struggled against is 6-agenda Medtech with triple Batty and Caprice, triple Roto and Lotus Fields, triple Interns. Basically nothing else matters against the deck except winning psi games.

3 Likes

I’ve found I can blow up their remote so that I at least get 4 tries at the psi and batty has no targets.

1 Like

Holy Cow! I never played against this deck but it’s making me reconsider playing ETF Glacier.

Think again :smiley:

Hostile Infrastructure may work as a good deterrent. Not that it automatically wins against this monstrosity, but it slows it down at least

I played some games with it today and yesterday and getting Wyldside trashed slows you down quite a bit. Maybe a Blue Sun with Elizabeth Mills, some Lotus Fields, Architects and SUB BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!!!

2 Likes

@mediohxcore and @bblum joked on stream the other day that hail mary-ing Beta Tests from turn 1 was the best strategy they could come up with. I don’t play Foodcoats, but my best HB deck does seem to be a (what started as) a joke deck with 21 ICE and 1 Bifrost Array with that gameplan: Always Be Triggering. It’s both tempo and value, right? Hopefully :laughing: 3x Sponsorship, 1 SanSan 1 Biotic. No other funny stuff, just large ICE, a couple Ash, Hedge, Adonis. It certainly seems to win by a larger margin than my more standard HB FA build which cuts it uncomfortably close vs Shaper and Noise. You’re definitely never out of ICE!

1 Like

this has been my policy since worlds. I did well with it at the 1 store champs so far I’ve been too, and all practice leading up to it. Upthread in the foodcoats thread is my list. I began to affectionately call it “degenerate beta tester”

Im curious about giant ice in the deck. Stuff like heindall 2 and janus…

1 Like

I’m a little surprised with the 1x only copy of Spooned. I’ve been splashing cutlery in my Reg Ass style MaxX deck for a while, and in my experience Spooned is the most valuable piece of cutlery, simply because one D4V1D token to kill a Tollbooth/Archangel/Turing is so great, those pieces of ICE are all such pains.

2 Likes

A vegan MidPsycho deck perhaps?

I played agaisnt a 3xABT, 3x Bifrost, 2x24/7 HB deck last SC. When 46 credits worth of ICE hits the board in 1 game shit gets real :smiley:

4 Likes

I go back and forth between 2 spoon and 2 fork. Play whichever set-up you feel would be better for you.

I’ve dropped 2 games out of the 15ish I’ve played with whiz and this is what got me yesterday (the first was against RP with huge player mistake when I was first learning the deck). I was about one turn short from taking full control of the game and I was on 3 clicks the entire game from turn one. Rushed beta test landed a Turing and a Tollbooth. It enabled a rushed GFI, then a few turns later after clicking up for credits a biotic+beta test shut it down. I was fully set up and about to smash R&D with the force of a thousand suns on my next turn. I seriously have no clue what can beat this deck consistently at all. Maybe Power shutdown weyland with will-o?

1 Like

This is what I did yesterday at an SC and hey you know what? It worked! Fired four or five beta tests, and went undefeated vs. Anarchs on the day :slight_smile: – no jackson? No problem! Just beta test ICE, or, if you screw up, make sure it’s something redudnant and not agendas!

Totes a sustainable strategy. I highly recommend flopping Tollbooth & Turing off a turn two-three beta test. Easiest Faust/Whizz/Anarch hate strat ever :wink:

Team Beta Test All The Things!

2 Likes

Oh hey Andrew I see you’re on stimhack :wink:

1 Like

Power Shutdown just hits Datasuckers. I mean, its not bad, but you’ll almost never hit the Faust.

Got me. That beta test was so sick.

1 Like

I’ve been tinkering with that sort of deck on Jinteki.net. It’s so fun!

I took a variation of this to a SC yesterday. I won all but 1 of my runner games, and I think I could’ve pulled through the runner too if I hadn’t dropped to 3 cards at the end of a turn and gotten Scorched to death.

This strategy won me a SC against a Noise deck this weekend! Turn 2 beta test landed Heimdall 1.0, Eli 1.0, and Vikram 1.0. Totally worth it.

2 Likes

So has anyone here seen an uptick in Orion/archer/blue sun the past day or two? It’s clearly and effort to beat this deck. Turns out you cut one parasite for one sharpshooter, and it’s back to demolition. I hate how easy fixing that matchup was.