Official Dumblefork Thread

Sure, but getting an Archer up on RnD creates a decent amount of parity. Then you just gotta sneak a Caddie in front of it and you’re golden.

1 Like

Let the money trace fire.

1 Like

True dat. Sigh. Good point. Then I’m stumped as you chaps are.

2 monthes I play something like that with Grail.
Vs AI decks relying or not on Keyhole, it works sometimes (55-60% Id say vs Faust Parasite, 60-65% vs other configs).

But Clone chip (alone, or with ParaDS) will make you fall to 40% and will need a total concentration from your part and (reasonable) luck on your draws to not make it fall @ 20% or something.

1 Like

Guard! Also kills any Nexus (Kate or otherwise)

1 Like

Oooooh.

I’m considering rainbow as a universal cutlery blocker, and generic Faust taxer in glacier. It should be meh but not useless against legitimate breakers in the late game. Someone talk me out of it!

6 Likes

I had no idea Sharpshooter and Deus X were both 1 inf. Wow.

6 Likes

It seems like they really like making silver bullets 1 inf, Clot being the notable exception. Although, iirc, Clot was 1 inf when it was originally spoiled.

3 Likes

Sharpshooter will get you through Archer, but not Orion. Oddly, enough it’s not a destroyer. I’ve learned this the hard way and had to pay the iron price and use Gordian Blade to get through it.

Oh yeah, I know, I just meant that it was part of the group of cards coming out of the woodwork to try to combat the recurring credit Harvey Firestein. D4 still works a charm vs. Orion, as it always did. But Assassin has been part of the Blue Sun lineup since D&D came out, and Sharpshooter lets you save D4 activations for the big boys. Make sure you stock those 2x forked!

You know, people bag on Will-o, but it is wonderful. Worst case it takes two clicks and a few cred away from the Runner (IE Crim/Shaper), and best case to locks them out of the game.

Versus Dumblefork, landing a Will-o on Faust won’t lock them out pre-Levy, but it will post if they’ve trashed the second copy. Repeated Will-o spam actually seems viable, IMHO.

Also… I love the new name of this thing. Good job, Stamherk.

3 Likes

I’m sad Copperfieldshop got bypassed.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m just sad that there’s a meta deck without the word “shop” in it right now. I felt like we had a good thing going there for a while, you know?

3 Likes

We just like consistency.

“Whizzard’s Little Shop of Horrors”?

“Thrift Shop” ?

Saving money through the power of trashed stuff.

Oh god what have I done

9 Likes

Honestly, I was thinking Glasses Shop, because this shit is BROKEN.

(All credit goes to @Podoboyz99)

9 Likes

As I told him earlier; if you got a bunch of broken stuff in a shop, you’re a Junk Dealer, Dollar Store, or an Antique Shop.

4 Likes

That’s a close second, but I like keeping “Shop” to the Corp decks. Dumblefork just works on so many levels. In fact, I think from her on out though we should make it a tradition to call anything with Faust “Dumble” and anything with ICE destruction “Fork”.

Example: MaxX with Faust would be “DumblaxX” and Kim with cutlery would be “ForkKim”

1 Like