Official Rules Question Thread

Hey, if I have multiple Tri-Maf Contacts out, I can use each of them once per turn, correct?

Correct.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t she suffer 4 net damage or 2 if it was Plan B’d?

No, the agenda will normally be scored in the corp turn, meaning that they resolves their triggers first. This would mean that the Philotic damage comes first - currently the runner only has 2 agendas so they take 2 damage. Then the runner resolves their triggers, at which point the Fan Sites turn into agendas. Now they have 4 agendas but the philotic has already resolved.

If it was a plan B then it would be scored in the runners turn, meaning the Fan Sites transition into agendas before the philotic damage this time, which would mean 4 damage in total.

Oh installed, didnt read closely enough. My bad.

If both players have 6 agenda points, what happens when the Corp plays Exchange of Information and swaps a scored Merger with a stolen Global Food Initiative?

The game ends in a tie.

Not very likely, but do the tournament rules say what is the scoring if a tournament game ends in a tie?

A tie is a draw, so both players get 1 Prestige.

1 Like

I’m not so sure a tie is a draw. A draw is a situation when neither player has achieved the victory condition and both are on same number of points when the game goes to time. In Merger/GFI scenario both players achieved the victory condition. As long as this is not clarified in the rules, I think 2 Prestige to both and 1 Prestige to both are solutions which might be possible.

Wasn’t “a tie is a draw” pretty established? This isn’t the first time a ruling like this has come down. Basically the same ruling already occurred for employee strike/harmony medtech

1 Like

I’ve seen the Strike/Medtech ruling as well, and it also didn’t explain what to do in (unlikely) event of this happening in a tournament during Swiss - is this “both players won” and 2-2 or “neither player won” and 1-1.

It’s a tie. 1-1

2 Likes

Runner first turn in the game :

• plays exclusive party so draw a card and get no cred.
  • installs Same Old Thing
  • clic-clic-cracks SOT to replay exclusive party, draw a card and get a cred ?

Granted, the move is superbad, but the boardstate is simple like that to explain.

I’m playing sot-exclusive party like this but I’m not that sure.
SOT states “play an event from your heap”, so I’m assuming Exclusive party stays in heap and get a cred for itself, am I right or not ?

It doesn’t stay in the Heap, it comes out of the Heap to temporarily sit in the play area while being resolved, then gets trashed back to the Heap after resolution.

So you wouldn’t get the credit (it’s also why you can’t use Same Old Thing when Blacklist is active).

4 Likes

Ok, thanks.
I was wrong last 10 games, and I’m sorry about it if my former opponents are reading me.

1 Like

I have two security testing pointed at archives. There is a cvs in archives and I’m looking to farm suckers.

First run, I gain my 2 credits and sucker token as normal and don’t access the cvs as its a security testing run.

On the second run on archives, I don’t get the two credits obviously but my question is, am I forced to access or can I still farm the sucker without triggering the cvs?

What do you mean? Security Testing isn’t applicable to the second run like you said.

No sec testing has no effect on the 2nd run.

Can I use the trash ability on Bookmark if there are no cards hosted on it?

All includes zero in this game. So yes.

But how does adding zero cards to your grip change the game state?

1 Like