Official Rules Question Thread

MasterAir read my mind: Spooned for a code gate behind Inazuma :wink:

Likewise, you could break the second Markus 1.0 sub with the last Lady counter, trashing Lady for the first sub, ready to Clone Chip it back into play during the run.

4 Likes

Does Cyber-cypher’s restriction apply based on what server was initially chosen or based on what server you are currently running on? Wondering how it interacts with stuff like Copycat or Bullfrog. My guess is that it’s the server you are currently running on.

I don’t see why it would ever work on a different server than the one you chose when installing it. Cypher says “only during a run on the chosen server,” and Bullfrog and Copycat both have text that reads to the effect of “the runner is now running as if from this new position.” If the run continues as if I’m running on Archives when I selected HQ as my Cypher server, then I’m running Archives now and my Cypher doesn’t work.

It’s really that bit of text in the parenthesis on Copycat and Bullfrog that I think makes Cypher not work. For example, Cypher works fine with Sneak Door, because the server accessed changes, but the server run on remains the same.

2 Likes

Ninjaed, but yeah…

What happens when you access Space Camp with Imp installed? Can you Imp Space Camp before Space Camp triggers?

Space Camp’s trigger gets resolved before the runner has the option of using Imp. FAQ 1.1.36 | Android Netrunner Comprehensive Unofficial Rules Wiki | Fandom

4 Likes

Eli 1.0 with a sub boost attached to bump him to 4 sub routines. I add a second sub boost. Does he go to 6 or 8 sub routines?

Eli 1.0 with a sub boost attached bumps him to 3 sub routines. I really wish they had found a better wording than “after all its other subroutines”, because it is definitely confusing.

4 Likes

Dang, that’s so much worse than I thought. Thanks :p…I’m guessing sensei only adds one sub too?

Yep. Also Marker and Project Wotan.

3 Likes

There goes my idea for an unstoppable Stronger Together deck

Yeah, I can see that it can be confusing. I would expect it to say “each” instead of “all” for it to add multiple subroutines. But that would make it a very weird design: using this bizarro world Sub Boost on Ichi 1.0 would have subroutines like:

• Trash a program.
  • End the run.
  • Trash a program.
  • End the run.
  • Trace 1 - Give the runner 1 tag and 1 brain damage.
  • End the run.

This would only be effective if the runner plans on getting through the ice, but it would be worse if they facecheck it, since they only have to use one click to avoid trashing any of his/her programs. Also very strong on ice that only have ETR subs anyway (Hive, Ashigaru, etc.)

1 Like

Can you use Firmware Updates during 1.1 of the Turn Sequence?

You can use Firmware Updates whenever you have a paid ability window. So, yes.

But it’s not “during a turn”

Nope, it is during a turn.

I agree that is off-putting that the step labelled “Turn begins” (1.2) is not be the first step in a turn. But Fantasy Flight is wont to prioritize grokkable card text over rigorous templating (compare A:NR’s “When your turn begins…” to Magic’s “At the beginning of your upkeep…”)

2 Likes

Even after reading the FAQ, I’m not sure what the exact rule is for ‘when your turn begins’.
I heard that a parasite from a workshop won’t get a virus token, but I can choose to Aesop my wyldside before or after it triggers. So I’m a bit confused on how the triggers resolve.Is it just personal workshop that is the problem or can’t I choose the order of the triggers. Some examples:

Can I sell chopbot to aesops, after I sold something to chopbot?
Can I choose to trigger Chopbot or Wyldside before Maxx happens?
Can I get the credit from underworld contacts and then Aesop it?
Can I Aesop a card that just came of a personal workshop?

Many thanks in advance.

Yes

Yes

Yes

Pretty sure you can.

The start of turn puts things on a queue, which the active player can organise how he/she wishes. The queue of effects are then executed. If things with ‘start of turn’ come into play during the resolution of the cards on the queue they are not added to the queue. Things that are trashed before they are resolved do leave the queue.

e.g. Wyldside and Aesops are both installed. You can resolve Wyldside first - lose a click and draw a card and then Aesops - trash Wyldside to gain 3 credits, alternatively you can resolve Aesop’s first, trash Wyldside to gain 3 credits. Seeing as Wyldside no longer exists (poor space club, was always a bit dodgy) its effect doesn’t resolve.

e.g.2. Runner has 1 link, a supplier installed with Dyson Mem Chip hosted, and underworld contact, you can activate the supplier to install DMC (+1 link), then UWC to gain 1 credit. It’s possible, but probably not wise, to activate UWC then the supplier.

e.g.3 The supplier is installed hosting UWC, the runner has 2 link, if the runner installs the UWC from the supplier it wasn’t there at the start of the turn, so the runner does not gain 1 credit.

I’ve convinced myself that you can install something from PW and then sell it to Aesop. Correct me if I’m wrong.

5 Likes

Yes to all of those questions. At step 1.2, everything that has a “when your turn begins” trigger triggers, and then you get to choose the order in which they resolve. A Parasite installed off of Personal Workshop via PW’s “when your turn begins” trigger doesn’t get the virus counter because it wasn’t installed when the game moved to step 1.2.

2 Likes