Official Rules Question Thread

If the runner does a Wanton Destruction with a rezzed Hostile Infrastructure and trashes more than one card, how much damage is dealt? I would think it’s just one no matter what, right? All cards are trashed as one instance, so Hostile only triggers once.
While on that topic, I would think Demolition Run would trigger for every card trashed, since they’re individually accessed… Right? Thanks all.

Edit: re-read Wanton, realized it said Corp trashes.

No and no. It was right after being rezzed, and I took the creds manually.

Funny thing, I used to do that, but get yelled at for doing THAT. So I just manually take the credits before taking back, then press f1.

I played vs @BJester today with bsun and did the adonis trick all the time (the @PeekaySK’s way). He was a true gentelmen, no complaints whatsoever :grin:.

So corp scores a pri req against leela what triggers first her abilty or pri reqs?

Since the Corporation is the active player, the Corporation effect resolves first.

4 Likes

Right, Wanton says that “the corp” trashes the cards. As does DLR. So Hostile Infrastructure wouldn’t fire off of those. I’m with you on the demo run though, gotta be 1 damage per trashed card if you medium dig with demo run.

Would parasite ice kills trigger HI? Parasite just states “Host ice has -1 strength for each virus counter on Parasite and is trashed if its strength is 0 or less.” I would say yes. Definitely yes with cutlery because the runner trashes.

Yeah, I totally didn’t mean to imply that he wasn’t. He was nice about it, but insisted I did something wrong and that I post here. I would recommend playing him. No issues, just clearly a misunderstnading. He was not the one who yelled at me for the earlier method :smile:

It does - unless explicitly stated otherwise, the source of the effect is the player whose card caused it. Parasite doesn’t state otherwise and is a Runner card, hence Runner is the one doing the trashing.

3 Likes

I’m sorry for that game, it was a bit late and maybe I had a couple of pints. You were 100% in your right, it just felt so bizarre at the time(the adonis play, not the pints)

2 Likes

With triple Au Revoir + Snitch, or I suppose on the weird occasion where you would just be playing against snitch:

When the runner activates snitch, exposing the ice, and decides to jack out, there is no window to rez the ICE, correct? They are both activated abilities, which happen before the corp has an option to activate an ability, ending the run and making it impossible to rez ICE, as it is no longer about to be encountered. Right?

I’m not sure when exactly Snitch works (some combination of step 2, 2.1, and 2.3). But if the runner activates it and decides to jack out then the run ends immediately, so the corp cannot rez the ice.

1 Like

I’ll even complain about this in SHL games. In my experience with bootcamp glacier it comes up extremely frequently where the drawn card would have affected the bounce choice – most commonly, drawing an agenda that you feel safe putting in the remote (especially if you’re HQ locked!). I have to trash my adonis and wait for interns maybe once every 5-10 games.

@PeekaySK’s way is second best since it at least shows you know the rule and have good intentions, but if you know the alt+shift+C hotkey, there’s no excuse for not doing it right. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

…except for the fact that my ID is untapped despite me using it that turn. Maybe I’m just being OCD, but this drives me nuts to the point where I’ll do it my way :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Some questions!

1. Can you Imp a card you access in Archives to trash it? (eg Chairman Hiro, agenda to prevent Midseasons)

2. Does Patch - which “installs a condition counter” - count as “install[ing] a card” for HB:EtF?

3. Can the runner choose to use access replacement after (eg) the corp has rezzed a DRT? Okay after a look at the timing structure this is clearly yes, since 4.5 is after 4.3.

1 Like
  1. No.
  2. No.
  3. Yes.
1 Like

Thanks. Is there any source on 1)? We found a ton of forum discussions but no official ruling on it, and it really isn’t obvious since card wording overrides all etc. And Imp says “trash even if it can’t be normally”.

From the FAQ:

“Normally be Trashed”
Trashing cards that “cannot normally be trashed” only refers to trashing cards that do not have a trash cost.

Therefore, this ability does not supersede the rule that cards in Archives cannot be trashed.

3 Likes

Was there ever any clarification from Lucas on how if you first click Cyber Threat a server with a Sundew, the corp gains 2 credits even if they have the event create a run seemingly contradicts the fact that he ruled the corp won’t gain the money if you Dirty Laundry instead? In both cases you spend a click to play an event, and in both cases those events effects initiate a run on a server…I’m just trying to wrap my head around the brain of Lucas.

Also, does anyone have any idea when an event is judged to have resolved? Is it immediately after playing it, or is it after all of its effects have resolved? If it is immediately, what happens when I play a Dirty Laundry on R&D, and then use Comet to play another run event on HQ…I’m now running two different servers at the same time? And if it is after all the effects have resolved, what happens if I play Test Run (again with Comet), and as my additional event played after it resolves (at end of turn), I play an Amped Up? Do I have 7 clicks for my next turn?

It’s sequentially, I’m pretty damn sure. Makes no sense otherwise.

You then gain the extra clicks, so your action phase is extended because there’s more you can do. It’s not the end of turn because you aren’t done just because you used your last click, there’s still timing windows before the end of turn hits (where the corp could, say, rez Chairman Hiro). Not that Comet uses those windows, anyway, since it’s just an immediate thing, one then the other.

Double event runs could be fun though, especially against RP. Run Dirty Laundry on Archives and then… I dunno, something to make the scoring server more bearable to get through. Or do an Indexing with immediate Maker’s Eye follow-up to get rid of their ELP (if they’re still playing it by then) if you see agendas, and something like Legwork, Demo Run, or just Sure Gamble if you don’t.

EDIT: Looking at Comet, it even says that the second event is played after the first one resolves.

It’s Hayley’s ability itself that has the slightly less clear (but still, I think, pretty obvious) wording that might lead to confusion about simultaneity or not… but even when you install things simultaneously you choose an order they come down and actually do it one at a time, so…