Official Rules Question Thread

The OP was asking if it triggers twice. Which it only would in the scenario I described.

I don’t think that was the question. (1) Product Placement pays out 2 Cr for a single trigger. (2) It doesn’t trigger while in Archives, thus the question.

3 Likes

You’re right. My mistake.

Question about retrievieving cards from Archives. Let’s say the Runner runs a remote, hits a Snare, and doesn’t trash it. I install over it (sending it to Archives facedown.) Then I play Interns to install a facedown card from Archives. He knows the order of cards in archives, am I obliged to tell him that it’s a Snare?

1 Like

Only if the Snare! was rezzed. Archives (unlike the Heap) has no order, so facedown cards can be reordered at will (i.e. shuffled).

Okay. Thought it might be like Daily Business Show there for a minute.

I have two Wastelands and a Clone Chip installed, a Parasite in the heap, and zero credits. Can I install the Parasite with the money I gain from Wastelands when I trash Clone Chip?

1 Like

Yes, you can.

4 Likes

Quick confirmation check: if i install street peddler on off campus apartment, i pick whether i draw first or put cards on peddler first, right? Not that it makes a difference.

I really hope it’s your choice, simply because it makes it less easy to inadvertently break the rules.

Yes it’s your choice because they would trigger at the same time.

Things get crazy when you throw in Hayley.

And even crazier if you install the Street Peddler off Hostage.

2 Likes

As @CJFM said, yes, the reason being that it’s the same wording as Order of Sol, which works between the cost and resolution of an effect (i.e. playing Sure Gamble at 5 credits to gain 9 + 1 from OoS).

1 Like

:confused: :sweat: :pensive: :persevere: :confounded: :tired_face: :scream: :dizzy_face:

Translation: I can’t even.

So how does that work? Installing the Peddler seems like it should come before shuffling, but you know what’s on top of your deck. You should also be able to hold it in hand after seeing what it would hit if you’re willing to lose a click for a more favorable install.

The install of Street Peddler off Hostage comes before the shuffle. So you get to see what three cards you’ll get. If you don’t like them, put Peddler in your hand and don’t install it. Or just choose a different connection instead.

With Off-campus apartment, you can shift the Peddler cards one. So you can look at your deck and decide whether you want cards 1-3 on your Peddler by triggering Peddler first, OR you can decide you want cards 2-4 on your Peddler by triggering the Apartment first.

Playing as Hayley, you can shift an additional slot, choosing cards 1-3, 2-4, or 3-5 for your Peddler depending on how you choose to order the triggers from installing the Street Peddler (Peddler, Apartment, and Hayley).

If you throw Paige Piper into the mix, you can decide you don’t want any of those cards on your Peddler and shuffle your deck before triggering Peddler.

The problem is that there isn’t really any particular combo worth spending that much time and that many cards on getting that kind of Street Peddler consistency. My friends and I have tried a couple decks and the best thing we’ve found to do with it is to guarantee with some amount of certainty a The Source on your Street Peddler for a surprise paid ability speed Clot sort of effect.

You can actually do similar shenanigans on the Corp side by playing Tech Startup in NEH (add in DBS for bonus points). I haven’t tried it yet though.

3 Likes

Hmm, I’ve been playing Tech Startup in NEH wrong (OCTGN doesn’t really support these shenanigans…).

I have few questions about the “losing credit rule from Universal Connectivity Fee” :

• if UCF can force a non-tagged runner to lose credit from Ghost Runner, does that mean that Reversed Account can do the same ?
  • is it something specific to Ghost Runner or does this works the same with every other cards that host credits ? We can naturally think of cards like Cyberfeeder or Multithreader, but what about Daily Cast or Armitage Codebusting ? Can the runner lose credit from those cards ?
  • finally, who get to chose the origin of the lost credit ? Let’s say a runner hit Ireress with 3 sub’. He has 2 credits and a Ghost Runner with 2 credits. Which credit will be lost ?

Thanks in advance. :relaxed:

1 Like

No. Ghost Runner credits are only accessible during a run. Since you can’t use Reversed Accounts during a run, Ghost Runner credits are inaccessible when Reversed Accounts is triggered.

Yes and No. Look at how the runner can use those credits (or when they have access to them). Cyberfeeder and Multihreader credits are only to be used to install virii / use icebreakers (or programs in Hulti’s case). Losing money to ice or reversed accounts is neither of these. Similarly Daily Casts and Armitage credits are only accessible when the card says so (either start of turn or via a click). Stimhack however just gives you credits to use during a run, so these can be lost.

Like anything that says “the runner [does x]” it is the runner’s choice (see Burke Bugs, or It’s a Trap!).

3 Likes

I don’t think that is true: credits on Ghost Runner aren’t accessible only during a run, they can be used only during a run.

Do credits have to be able to be used to also be able to be lost? It might get ruled that way (introducing an new unwritten rules principle), but I don’t see any particular reason to assume that it must be the case.

I think the answer to your question is yes. For example, reversed accounts cannot clear off daily casts or bank job - when the runner chooses which credits to lose (usually there is no choice, but in cases like stimhack and ghost runner there may be) they are “using” them for the purpose of satisfying that requirement. restricted or inaccessible credits aren’t eligible to be lost (otherwise armitage would get played as tollbooth protection).