Official Stimhack Netrunner Mentor Program Updated With Pairings! Now with a tournament!

Role: Either
Time zone: PST
Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: I’d like to get better at calculating risks as a runner, particularly facechecking ice. As far as expertise, I’m adept at psy games and estimating server setups (my own opinion anyway). I’m also just generally experienced with card games and the associated skill thereof.

1 Like

To sign up, make a post with the following info

Role: Mentor or a mentee.

Time zone: Central

Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: I would like to learn to be more aggressive as a runner. I’d also like to learn how to play NBN tagging decks. I also need some work playing and playing against top tier decks. I’m from Chicago and they have a thing about that here for some reason. Coaching in the game would be very useful to me to improve analyzing the possibilities.

My expertise is that I am a solid middle player. I can work well with beginners. I understand the basics of the archetypes. I tend to be a gentle, conservative player. (ie, get money, get bitches and vegan.)

Some good ways to screenshare, pick between them with your mentor/mentee:
I only have skype, but I’m willing to get anything mac compatible.
Jinteki.net is ideal because OCTGN doesn’t work perfectly with macs.

2 Likes

Role: Mentor
Time zone: GMT-8 (Pacific)
Expertise: Building new decks, meta considerations, turn sequencing. I have some amount of experience with most deck archetypes.

6 Likes

Role: Mentee
Able to use Voice Chat?: Possible
Time zone: EST
I recently started playing around 2 weeks ago and definitely want to improve my game. I’ve been playing HB and shaper and plan on making a Jinteki and criminal deck here soon. And I’m really horrible at introductions so hopefully this is enough information.

1 Like

EDIT: I found one through private messages. So I can take one more mentee :smile:
He was a fan of Jinteki, so I hope we are not messing up your program here @Asclepius!

Oh and, didn’t mention it in my other post, but job well done on starting this initiative! It’s really nice.

3 Likes

Role: Student
Time zone: GMT (UK)
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: beginner looking to improve my understanding of game flow and some of the more common “things you should avoid doing”. I seem to prefer a more aggressive play style so far - corp side I am drawn to kill decks, runner side I am still looking for the right fit.
edit: would need to be on Jinteki.net as I am a non-Windows user

1 Like

Time zone: GMT+1 (Germany)
Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes (Mumble, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak 2, even Skype… and probably others)
Languages: German, English
Expertise: General play, experience with most archetypes, tournament experience, playing with sleep deprivation (although, that’s where I tend to drop games ;))

5 Likes

Can you pm me so we can cross the student off the list?

I want to join!

Time Zone: GMT-3 (Currently GMT-2 due to DST) - Available most evenings in my timezone
Able to use Voice Chat: Yes
Area to improve: I would like to learn Fastrobiotics and Harp kill decks, HBFA, PPvP Kate and Val DLR.

Jinteki.com is preferred to me!

1 Like

Time zone: EST
Able to use voice chat: yes, google chat
Expertise: I have most experience piloting Kate PPVP and various glacier builds (Foodcoats, blue sun, RP), and I’ve been experimenting with kill decks (convenience shop and IG) and reg Val more recently with decent success. Also very happy to help new players with gameplay fundamentals with any deck- aggression, scoring windows, etc.

2 Likes

Time Zone: UTC -7
Voice Chat: Yes
Expertise: I am well versed in kill decks and damage decks on the Corp side (esp. Jinteki), and aggressive builds on the runner side. For beginner and intermediate players I can provide basic strategy training, specifically around forks and decision trees. I probably shouldn’t be paired with advanced players.
I am more familiar with Jinteki.net, but I can use OCTGN too.

3 Likes

@lubaroli try pms rather than posting in here? Thanks

5 Likes

Salve! Moro em São Paulo, no Jabaquara. E você?

1 Like

Role: Mentor and mentee

Time zone: GMT +08:00 (US Pacific time)

Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes, Skype prefered.

Area where you think you need to improve: Really need to improve on my consistency in competative situations, have a hard time determining the best plays late game. Overall just taking that next step in a tournament situation from being in the top 8 to winning the tourny.

Area where you think you have some particular expertise: Deckbuilding, all kinds. Competative, Jank, I can do it all. Play testing and editing decks is also a strength of mine. When it comes to specific decks, I am well versed in Jinteki kill (IG, PE, and Nesei Division), Jinteki Glacier (RP, Nesei Division), NEH Classic Butchershop, NEH Team Turtles, and I can play pretty much any Jinteki or NBN identity to enough success to mentor a beginner/intermediate player on the corp side. For the runners I consider myself good at DLR decks, sucker/aggressive Crim, rig anarch’s, and am fine as Adam.

2 Likes

Time Zone: NZDT (UTC/GMT +13)

Voice Chat: yes. Skype, mumble, ts3, vent, etc. etc.

Area where you think you need to improve: nothing specific. i’ve won a few tournaments and placed fairly well at NZ Nationals, so i’m not a bad player, but i only got into the game about a year ago and have only seriously been playing since about Feb this year, so i still consider myself a little inexperienced (then again, i doubt that feeling will ever go away). regardless, i think there’s always room for improvement.

1 Like

Time Zone: GMT+1
Voice Chat: Yes
Expertise: Deckbuilding. Weyland. Anarchs. OCTGN. Rush decks.
Can also do Jinteki.net.
Looking forward to players interested in Weyland :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Role: student
Time zone: GMT
Voice Chat: rarely but its a possibility
Area of improvement: Just looking for general tips, mostly regarding run timing and playing against most popular matchups runner side, and on corp side mostly ice placement, when to push for agenda scores etc. I’ve played a lot of netrunner, but as my meta here only consists of my friend and I, it is stagnant and hard to test or practice properly .

2 Likes

Time zone: EST but I’m a college student working nights so on at odd hours
Able to use Voice Chat?: Probably not
Area where you think you need to improve: General way of thinking about the game- I don’t get a lot of practice against experienced players, especially IRL, and it’s hard for me to spot what small errors I’m making. I mostly enjoy aggressive criminals runner side and NBN corp side.

2 Likes

Time zone: GMT-4. I am available almost anytime on the weekends, as well as Friday evenings. I am sometimes available on evening throughout the week.
Voice chat: Yes! Skype, preferably.
Area where I want to improve: Everywhere. I’m new to the game, I have less than 10 games under my belt. I bought all four of the deluxe expansions (kind of regretting going this deep this early!) and I’m a bit overwhelmed. I want to learn deckbuilding, and general strategies for both sides.

3 Likes

Time zone: CST (US)
Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes: Skype
Areas for Improvement: This past year I placed top 8 at two ~60 player regional events and I feel that I have a good overall grasp of the game; however, I’m looking to continue to develop my overall play with a focus being on runners. My corps of experience are HB/FA and RP and runners are Leela (Waltz type) and Calimsha Kate. My adaptability has been an issue in past tournaments and I have struggled in the past with run selection, tunnel vision, and breaking siphon style locks. It’s hard for me to explain what I’m looking for, but I know I can benefit from the experience of some of the more veteran players in the community.

1 Like