Official Stimhack Netrunner Mentor Program Updated With Pairings! Now with a tournament!

Role: Mentee
Time zone: US Eastern Time
Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: Deckbuilding; identifying mistakes before I make them; setting up board to in a way to counter opponent based on available information (current board state and likely deck)

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’ve worked out pairings for everyone (Asclepius didn’t mention it but am doing the information collection and pairing), and will be sending out PMs to everyone.

3 Likes

Hey y’all,

Earlier I forgot to mention and thank @RJay for helping with everything with this program, he did most of the work pairing and such. In a little bit he’s going to be sending out pms with your pairings, it’s up to you and your partner at that point to arrange meeting times and methods.

Thanks again for everyone who signed up and to @RJay!

2 Likes

Ok so I succeeded in blocking myself from sending PMs anymore for the next 24 hours, so I am posting the pairings here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J7RH7QV_Khto0DPiGEs27vBA_RtFgHW6V67VjRYr0y4/edit?usp=sharing

Please get in touch with who you’re assigned with. For the Mentee - Mentee pairings, because of the massive influx of people, we don’t have enough Mentors to assign everyone one, so the idea was that you can still learn from someone with an equal skill level :smile: . If any mentor can take multiple mentees, please let me know.

IMPORTANT: PEOPLE PAIRED ARE ON THE SAME ROW. Just wanted to add this as I had a PM already, which resulted from people reading the sheet not in the way I intended.

9 Likes

@SneakySly is there anyway you could clear him to send more pms temporarily? I have a feeling a lot of folks might not check back in the thread for pairings but would check pms.

Stimhack should organise a tournament with all the mentees at the end of the mentorship period to see who’s the best mentor ! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

and the first place mentor will get a title of “professional contact”, I’m sure @Calimsha will like it

19 Likes

I unliked this so that I could like it again

8 Likes

So if we’re not on the list then we’re not in the program unless/until more mentors sign up?

1 Like

Time zone: GMT
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: Let’s figure it out.

@Asclepius: Thanks for organising this. Great idea.

1 Like

You can still join if you feel like it, but it’s likely you’ll be paired with another mentee until slots open up :confused: We didn’t expect there to be such a massive interest :smiley:

2 Likes

Role: Mentor
Time: GMT -7
Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes (but I prefer IM)
I’m best at deck building and tweeking, Game Play wise I focus on Corp and Control runners.

2 Likes

@x3r0h0ur You got a partner for this too?

You KNOW we are gonna have a mentee showmatch. Dont even act like this isnt happening.

2 Likes

[quote=“crfluency, post:132, topic:5853”]
and the first place mentor will get a title of “professional contact”
[/quote]is it too late to sign up

7 Likes

After much debate, I’m going to throw my name in and support the community. Be aware though, as my time is limited, I cannot promise timely responses, nor guaranteed weekly sessions, but I’ll schedule where I can for my students.

Role: Mentor

Time zone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5)

Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise:
I am well versed across all factions. I play a variety of play styles to great success. I apply fundamentals I’ve garnered across many other games into Netrunner, and it has payed off. I’d ideally like to be paired with students who have intermediate strength, as so I can discuss deck theory and intermediate play analysis. Looking to help those who have moderate success for the past season and wishing to break into top contention. I value your dedication and understand the desire to do better. This does not mean I do not want to help a complete new player; I just feel I owe it to those who have contributed and helped keep this community together.

Otherwise, I embrace those who I get paired up with, hope to meet you soon!

5 Likes

I do, we can proxy dance-battle.

4 Likes

What the hell is happening and why is it so amazing

edit: side note, my browser put it in 240p for some reason, and i was like ‘man this even has authentic shitty 80s video quality… clever’

then i realized im a dip. or a genius that needs to get hired to make commercials.

2 Likes

Time zone: GMT +8, but I’m on holiday so I can do almost any time
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: I think I tick all of @d1en’s boxes! (intermediate player, moderate success wishing to break into top contention)

1 Like

No not at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I suggest you send him a PM then :slight_smile:

1 Like