OFFICIAL Stimhack OCTGN League PART II

It’s pretty standard for both players to load (and wait for the “OK” from OCTGN verification, to prevent any… unfortunate deckbuilding accidents) before either one sets up. That way, you’re both locked into bindingly choosing a legal deck before seeing what the opponent picked.

1 Like

I don’t hit Ctrl+Shift+S until after it reports my opponent’s deck is loaded.

I just hit ctrl+l and ctrl+s as fast as possible, generally even before my opponent loads their deck. that’s just cause i wanna get playin and also cause who cares, mostly C:

1 Like

You cared enough to mention it earlier, did you not? :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah I was grumpy. Also, I did say mostly C:

1 Like

No need to play a full match, each game is reported separately:

@running_bear is registered here, on Stimhack.com. I’m sure you can send him a direct message.

I’ve followed his streams back in the Genesis cycle and C&C and it’s helped my game improve so much, but it sounds like he took a break from games until just recently. He seems like a nice guy, I’m sure it’s just a misunderstanding and you can just re-report the first game. If you do have a problem, let Laurie (@lpoulter) and Björn (@argamas) know:

3 Likes

[quote=“tvaduva, post:111, topic:2318”]
No need to play a full match, each game is reported separately:[/quote]

[quote=“tvaduva, post:111, topic:2318”]

@running_bear is registered here, on Stimhack.com. I’m sure you can send him a direct message.

I’ve followed his streams back in the Genesis cycle and C&C and it’s helped my game improve so much, but it sounds like he took a [break from games until just recently][1]. He seems like a nice guy, I’m sure it’s just a misunderstanding and you can just re-report the first game. If you do have a problem, let Laurie (@lpoulter) and Björn (@argamas) know:[/quote]

Thanks for the input! Will send a message through.

By the way, sorry you guys haven’t seen me much around on OCTGN. My babygirl got a terrible stomachbug while teething, which caused me to lack sleep and go down to the bug too. I’m back now, but work is killing me.

I hope to play this weekend or … :sleeping:

1 Like

I’ve already seen a few game descriptions “SHL2 lf runner” hahah

1 Like

That’s kinda cheap, and whoever falls for that deserves the beating their rating is gonna get :stuck_out_tongue:

I think a good sportsman would randomize if there was only going to be one game… :confused:

3 Likes

I’ve played probably twice as many Runner games as Corp, by my choosing. I’m in this to learn, and pretty much dead last in rating

I finally have some new runner decks to try out so I’m not minding letting people pick their side. Also, after the worlds AstroBullshit meta I’m happy to play against anything remotely different, which most people seem to being doing.

2 Likes

I’m always starting with my runner, if I have time then I play second game as corp.

It vaguely interests me to have a separate rating for corp and runner. Maybe something to consider for next time. Probably wouldn’t make that big a difference, but would be interested to see the best corps face off against the best runners. Maybe something to consider for next time.

What’s the verdict on playing the same person multiple times? I’ve see some people have played like one person in 4 matches and wonder if there’s a limit on it. If not, what’s not to stop someone coming in with a friend and throwing them all the way to victory

Fair-play.

Best watch out for those criminal players so

That won’t work. You will get less points for every game, since your friend’s rating will drop.

1 Like

In a good rating system like glicko that would be true… with ELO the minimum change will probably end up around 4 points per game, at least until you hit the (ridiculously poorly-calibrated) k-factor step at 1960ish.

2 Likes