Official Stimhack OCTGN League PART IV

Went 1-1 with @Madmihi. Fun matches!

Unofficially in 4th place! Come and get it! XD

Took a screencap. I fully expect to plummet from here on out.

1 Like

Havenā€™t used OCTGN netrunner yet but Iā€™ve found it fairly easy for LOTRCG- also havenā€™t played much Netrunner but Iā€™m hoping to improve! Thanks!

In with an open game up now. Thanks again for putting the league together.

See you at OCTGN sirs

Two losses against D1en, and Iā€™m 29th of 36. Who didnā€™t see that coming? XD

Although, I do think Iā€™m learning here. I already figured out two big errors I made in my corp game against him, and how I couldā€™ve played the last bit in particular better. Hopefully I donā€™t continue to embarrass myself against these top-tier players. :wink:

Already SHL4 is helping me out. Thanks to everyoneā€™s time and effort who makes this league possible.

3 Likes

acquiring a windowsXP iso(legal source ofc) to install in my virtualbox. Letā€™s see if I can get some games in tonight

:smile: Does OCTGN even work on that?

It does. Iā€™m on osx and VMware+ XP was pretty slow so I switched to Parallels + win8 for octgn only and it has been a huge difference. I didnā€™t know cards being played had a smoother animation than what I was used to on XP. Iā€™m also playing on a late 2007 iMac with 4 gigs of ram so if I can run it, a lot of osx people probably could as well, You do need at least 4gb of ram though.

I canā€™t seem to be able to play. My account is inaccessible because of the google openid changes. Should I bother recovering it or just create a new one?

Try a new one, report here. Good luck

1 Like

I am signed up as mazzle

First time participating. 1-1 so far.

The challenge boards mention playing private is ok. How do I set that up on OCTGN? Does the ā€œSHL4ā€ still need to be in the title?

1 Like

They were good games! I got your message after I logged back in, no worries, I donā€™t take offense easily and I took them in good heart! Hope to see you around

1 Like

XTVB: Argh, I got disconnected? How do you wanna handle that?

If it was closer Iā€™d suggest a remake but honestly just go report it as a win that game was yours I can think of no way of winning it. You woulda had to just not run anything I advanced. Well played that deck was fun to see.

yeah I felt like I was gonna win, but I wanted you to be cool with it too.
fun games! We fucked each other up pretty bad.

Yeah. Vamp MVP for sure. Also nothing quite beats being rich as a runner.

The title is mostly so other people know you openly looking for an opponent. If you want a game against a particular league member, just set it up with that person however you like (in OCTGN I always put LF [username]), and report like normal after.

Easy-peasy.

1 Like

Keep in mind, one of the primary reasons we started using tags (like SHL4) in titles was originally for Db0 to do a stat dump specifically for league games after the league is complete; any Stimhack league games without the tag in the title will not be counted in the league-end statistics (assuming Db0 is still collecting those).

2 Likes

@steve_houston - Iā€™ve now got 2 accounts in the league, because logging in via google doesnā€™t seem possible any more so I had to create a new one. So if you report the game against mendax2, iā€™ll verify that and see if we get the one against mendax cancelled.