Official Stimhack OCTGN League PART IV

Played vs Franko and had a rules argument over Sagittarius. He let the sub fire, I boosted trace by 3 up to 5. He paid to beat the trace and claimed that it only trashes anything if the trace is successful. After pointing to the Taurus/Sagittarius/Virgo/Gemini clarification on the FAQ failed to settle the dispute, I refused to continue the game and he left. To make things worse, it was his last click (so could not get into the remote or anywhere else for that matter) and I had the winning agenda there with means to score it next turn. What should you do in a case like this?

Youā€™d think the person who quit the game loses. Storming out is a loss, surely.

2 Likes

If you didnā€™t this time, taking screen captures would also be a good idea so you have something to back up your case.

1 Like

Contact @maznaz to work it out. 90% of all things can be sorted out by friendly people :wink:

Read the opening posts: make a screenshot.

Otherwise itā€™s his word versus yours. I want to believe you but prove makes an argument better.

I did take screenshots of the chatlog and game situation. I guess Iā€™ll post them hereā€¦
@mvt: I donā€™t blame him for leaving, I was just about to leave myself, but stuck around only to screenshot the ordeal so Iā€™d have a defense if he claimed he won the game.

At the time I didnā€™t think it mattered much, we could just forget the match existed, but it was a league game and I was about to win it, so then I thought maybe I should post about it.

Report a win, file a complaint if (when :wink:) the game getā€™s rejected. Anybody can be wrong about rules, but we donā€™t need this kind of attitude.

2 Likes

Do I miss something?

Youā€™re at 5 points with no astro, agenda in server and 1 credit and a marked account according to the screen. How would you win on your turn? Are you not a credit short?

Oh never mind, just checked it and it looks like my verify stamp is now on it. Definitely something I will keep in mind though :smile:

1 Like

youā€™re missing the second tag heā€™s going to give the runner with the token on data raven enabling him to click a credit to 3 credits then psycho for 2, advance for 1.

2 Likes

Youā€™re correct. The tags + psycho make it possible.

Oke, but I reasoned the wraparound was going to end the run after the legit Inti kill

Correct, but thereā€™s already an unused token on data raven.

1 Like

Missed that, need glasses :flushed::flushed::flushed:

1 Like

I donā€™t think this really applies here. If someone just adds 100 credits to their credit pool and continues playing (and refuses to correct it), I donā€™t think their opponent should be punished. Surely the person whoā€™s refusing to play by the rules should be punished here?..

If your opponent isnā€™t following the rules and refuses to correct it, thereā€™s no point playing the game as the result is farcical anyway. I think itā€™d be dodgy even if the result was probably going to be their win anyway, cheating still shouldnā€™t be allowed.

3 Likes

Played a game against Franko in which he quit out of the blue. Not fussed about the game + there was no rules argument, but I thought Iā€™d report it in case thereā€™s a pattern hereā€¦

Hmmā€¦as predicted, franko rejected the match. I put a link to my earlier post in this thread as a comment in the report so he could chime in with his side, but he obviously has not replied here.
Next step?

Is OCTGN down for others right now?

I too am unable to login.

1 Like

Good to know it isnā€™t just me.

2 Likes