Official Stimhack OCTGN League PART IV

match 2 with player “jaredrules”
disconnect, messages on chat, no response, eventually gone from chat, waited about 15 min
protocol?

no indications wasn’t a standup guy in the first match, i was flooded a bit, he took a win. haven’t played him much before that i recall.

edit: after a few more minutes, got a “left on purpose” notification
reporting win

He was decent enough to verify your match. It might be that his connection was so buggy he decided that leaving was better. Everything seems oke. Agree?

1 Like

seems legit

1 Like

Sooo, I’ve fallen below 1400 pts. Wow. A new low for me :smiley:

1 Like

Hey MVT yeah my computer froze up. Sorry it had to end like that. Happy to give you the win.

4 Likes

yeah didn’t mean to bash your character or anything

1 Like

Leaving this here, since anyone in this league has a modest interest in the competitive side of the game.

Let me know lovers <3

edit: Im eastern USA.

Saturday is full avail. I work 7am to 5pm weekdays. Sunday is probably off limits but maybe>

And you can reply here, no need for reddit if you aren’t into that you weird guy you.

I’m not on Reddit, love. :smile:

But if you have late Friday night/early Saturday morning available, I’m game for this, with nothing to do from about midnight to 6 AM. US Central Time, GMT -6.

I might be able to swing that later tonight. I would need naps after work, and see if i wake before midnight! Let me know if you wanna pursue this, and I’ll message you post wake up!

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll rap with you if you can manage it. I got not much to do. After submitting my head for your guillotine, I’ll just watch some Youtube until my bedtime comes. Normal night for me, I work nights after all. :smile:

Just wanted to say that I played a couple of games Arcius and he was a great opponent. Extremely friendly and chill about me taking back a couple of things I missed due to it being OCTGN. Dropped me down some off the board but that’s okay. Love our community.

8 Likes

This league is doing well. We had one big incident at the start and since that moment people seem to get it.

To thank you all, we’ll randomly give a way a pack of netrunner sleeves to one of you in the league. :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

4 Likes

Hey, neat, a prize!

Regardless of who gets it, my appreciation to everyone who’s responsible for that. I should probably play a bit more than I have, but I feel so outclassed. :frowning:

EDIT: I asked a question, but would rather give that it’s own thread; I think it’s worth deeper discussion.

Thanks for the kind post! I enjoyed playing you too. It doesn’t make much sense to me to NOT allow takebacks for obvious mistakes, as it would sully the experience. The Stimhack leagues are an amazing opportunity to play against strong opponents and improve. This community truly is awesome. Without it, I certainly wouldn’t be playing netrunner as much as I have in the past 6 months!

6 Likes

I just want to note that I recently got a new computer, so no one will have to suffer my super old laptop crashing anymore! (now its just the standard crashes).

3 Likes

No crash like the standard crash!

I also bought new ram that should fix my pc crashes, so from now on it’s regular OCTGN crashes for me only as well!

Only rage crashes? :wink:

I need to reposition my extention cord with powerswitch I noticed last night :blush:

When I rage crash, octgn is down for everyone.

1 Like

You mean you get your AI buddies to crash the rest of OCTGN for the rest of us.

2 Likes

Ok, attended my first two tournaments this week (one at the Team Covenant Store) and got 2nd in both out of 9 and 10. Thank you SHL and friends! But one thing SHL didn’t prepare me for was timed matches. The first match I played under time pressure, there is 10 mins left to play the 2nd half. So I panic, go broke biotic’ing out an ABT turn 2, and was like “I win right?” He then used the remaining 8 min to steal 6 points before I could get my centrals adequately protected for a timed loss. I got a little better as the weekend went on but I’m still not very comfortable playing under time.

So question. Is there anything wrong with playing the SHL matches with a 60min time limit if both sides agree to it? A timed win/loss would count the same as a regular win/loss but I know it would be really good practice for me at least.