3 Cache
2 D4v1d
3 Datasucker
3 Imp
1 Medium
1 Nerve Agent
3 Parasite
1 Scheherazade

Built with [URL=http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/jE3W2nMTe7n3YtYg7]http://netrunner.meteor.com/[/URL]

1 Like

Love the names!

( :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

How was Markus for you? Iā€™ve had terrible results playing it against Shaper and they just walk through with Lady without spending credits for the entire game.

1 Like

Why Tenma Line? itā€™s barely borderline useful if you have positional ICE, which you donā€™t.

I love that list, nearly nothing is clicked on except 7 clicks on tenma line. Everyone is like ā€œwhat in the fuck does that card do again??ā€

i can sort of see some value in Tenma Line with RP in the current meta ā€“ you want to get ICE out as quick as possible for early protection, but you might need to adjust what you have out there as the game progresses. maybe you want to spread out or move your code gates against a Kate with Cyber Cypher. maybe you want to stack the sentries out there against Stealth Andy. maybe now you donā€™t need to guard HQ so strong against Maxx now that you finally drew that Caprice and/or Crisium. maybe the runner Keyholed an agenda last turn or installed a Sneakdoor, and you need to move an ETR to Archives quick.

2 Likes

You missed the most obvious one for RP: moving the ice that hurts to the outside.

Iā€™m still not convinced it earns the slot though.

2 Likes

One cute effect is saving money installing to the highest rung, if you desire to protect tenma and have a moderate ice, you can install a strong ice over it, then swap that ice with another sub optimally placed one and not have to pay the price of the ā€˜goodā€™ ice where you want it. Thatsā€¦some kind of economy.

Knifed is also a thing these days.

I admit Iā€™m struggling.

Iā€™ve been playing a ton of Grail RP with a Markus. With Galahad, Ashigaru, and Markus, you can really put a tax on Lady. Calimshakate is actually a really decent matchup for me. I really like Grail RP because they canā€™t just save Lady tokens by clicking through like they can against just Eli and Markus.

Indeed, I was toying with a Tenma Line to make Inazuma more playable, because it combos nicely with Grail. But didnā€™t really test it out.

I made some significant changes to the list the week before this tourny, so not everything is born out by weeks of testing.

I switched from light barriers to slightly heavier ones because I knew I was going to be facing a strong stealth Andy deck and because the MaxX/Reina/Valencia lists have started dropping cutlery. Shapers with Lady are just going to run through your barriers anyway, which so youā€™ll have to rely more heavily on Code Gates / Sentries anyway.

Markus has been surprisingly above average. Iā€™ve twice sniped good cards off the runner because they ran last click against it. And itā€™s still decent against Corroder.

After I rejiggered my ice I had an empty spot open where Ash used to be. I couldā€™ve put a 3rd Caprice or a PAD campaign, but neither of those give me more options. (the other option was docklands crackdown which Iā€™ve found to be decent, but doesnā€™t help against the Stealth match-up, and was just a little too click-intensive).

Pretty much what @eric_c said. Early game the priority is protecting the centrals, and that can be subject to the order in which you draw your ice. The ability to move ice around to adjust to what you draw and what your opponent does is surprisingly useful. In addition RP has essentially 2 different kinds of ice, central ice and remote ice. Iā€™d prefer my Elis on my remotes in front of Sundew rather than in front of HQ for example; I can bluff a Komainu as remote protection; etcā€¦

Also, even though I donā€™t have any obvious positional ice, there are some pieces that are better in some orders than others (Enigma - Bioroid > Bioroid - Enigma, Komainu - Tsurugi > Tsurugi - Komainu)

Other uses for Tenma Line!

• Moving rezzed ice over remotes against Blackmail decks
  • A click option that isnā€™t drawing or clicking for a credit (example, I know the runner is waiting to Siphon me, so I want to stay at 3 credits so next turn I can credit, credit, hedge fund (or even better MHC, credit, Hedge Fund, Caparice HQ))
  • Knight on the innermost piece of ice in a 3+ server. Move the Knight out then overwrite it.
  • Can save credits on install like @x3r0h0ur mentioned
  • Moving Femmeā€™d ice somewhere useless

Basically it gives me lots of little options.

3 Likes

I donā€™t understand what Tenma Line is buying you here

edit: oh I see - you are moving Knight from a server with lots of ice to one without lots of ice before overwriting it in order to reduce the install cost of the overwriting piece of ice. I was thinking of moving the Knight vertically within the same server (which accomplishes nothing)

Can you please elaborate? Which ICE from your deck would you put where? Iā€™m very curious, besides the usual Eli on remote.

Money.

I played Tenma Line a little in Gagarin and it was nice. You spend one or two turns moving your ices and you may have much better servers.

Sure. Okay it depends a little/lot on the board state. But I donā€™t like Komainu/Bioroids on HQ against criminals for example, because then they can get in to land important Siphonā€™s or Legworks (ditto with shaperā€™s and those ice on R&D). Maybe early game all I see is Quandrys, Elis, Lotus Fields, and Walls of Static. Iā€™m still going to place them on my centrals, but then if I have a scoring window to but only Komainu or Ichi on my remote itā€™s going to make me feel uneasy. Maybe I put an Eli on archives to prevent Security Testing, and I have a window to score (runner is poor) but Iā€™m also too poor to rez the Wall of Thorns on the remote, and still have enough to play the Caprice game and score after. Generally ideal is Komainu on archives, Ichi/Tsurugi - ETR on centrals, and some combination of Tollbooth and ETR on the remotes.

It helps move not only damaging ice to the outside of centrals, but you can choose the ice that will be most damaging.

2 Likes

Location/Store: Magic Stronghold Games
Event: Store Championship
City: Vancouver, BC
Players: 16
Date: 3/25/15
Winner: Tang Yao (David) Cheng
Card Pool: Order and Chaos

4 Rounds of swiss was played with no double-eliminiation rounds due to the tourney being on a weekday with a start time at 6pm. Runner won all four games against HB rush, HBFA, Industrial Genomics shell, and RP Grail that was very similar to the list I was using. Corp lost 1 game out of the four rounds due to being milled out by a very interesting Noise Gravedigger + surge deck. My corp won against Calimsha Kate, Quetzal Eater Keyhole Siphon, and Kate supplier clickless econ.

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock

Event (16)
2x DĆ©jĆ  Vu
3x Iā€™ve Had Worse
2x Knifed
1x Legwork ā€¢ā€¢
1x Levy AR Lab Access ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1x Lucky Find ā€¢ā€¢
1x Queenā€™s Gambit
1x Stimhack
3x Sure Gamble
1x Wanton Destruction

Hardware (5)
3x Clone Chip ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢
2x Grimoire

Resource (10)
3x Daily Casts
3x Kati Jones
2x Liberated Account
2x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (6)
2x Corroder
2x Mimic
1x Yog.0
1x ZU.13 Key Master ā€¢ā€¢

Program (10)
2x D4v1d
2x Datasucker
2x Imp
1x Medium
3x Parasite

15 influence spent (max 15)
47 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
3x NAPD Contract
3x Nisei MK II
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (9)
3x Jackson Howard ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
3x Mental Health Clinic
3x Sundew

Upgrade (5)
3x Caprice Nisei
2x Crisium Grid ā€¢ā€¢

Operation (7)
3x Celebrity Gift
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns

Barrier (5)
1x Ashigaru
1x Eli 1.0 ā€¢
3x Galahad ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢

Code Gate (6)
1x Enigma
1x Lotus Field
3x Merlin ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1x Quandary

Sentry (6)
1x Komainu
3x Lancelot ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
2x Tsurugi

Other (2)
2x Excalibur

15 influence spent (max 15)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

3 Likes

Looks like the West Coast of Canada is rocking MaxX + RP and so am I on the East Cost.

Location/Store: Comic Hunter
Event: Store Championship
City: Moncton, NB
Players: 12
Date: 3/28/15
Winner: Chris ā€œKivā€ MacLeod
Card Pool: Order and Chaos

5 rounds of Swiss with no cut. MaxX went 5-0 and RP went 4-1 to pick up my 2nd store champs.

The lists are tuned specifically for my local meta so I donā€™t claim that theyā€™ll be optimal for you, but theyā€™re close enough. Cheers to @mediohxcore and @calimsha for discussion on MaxX. Itā€™s probably not the best deck in format but itā€™s pure fun to me.

My wife wanted to play Grail NEH so I had to come up with an alternate ICE setup for RP. This one is fairly annoying against the popular Calimsha Kate and we donā€™t have many Yogs around here to worry about.

Reg-Ass (47 cards)

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock

Event (16)
2 Deja Vu 1 Inject 3 I've Had Worse 2 Knifed 1 Legwork ā€¢ā€¢ 1 Levy AR Lab Access ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ 1 Queen's Gambit 1 Retrieval Run 1 Scavenge ā€¢ā€¢ 3 Sure Gamble
Hardware (5)
3 Clone Chip ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢ 2 Grimoire
Resource (11)
3 Daily Casts 3 Kati Jones 3 Liberated Account 2 Same Old Thing
Icebreaker (6)
2 Corroder 2 Mimic 1 Yog.0 1 ZU.13 Key Master ā€¢ā€¢
Program (9)
1 D4v1d 2 Datasucker 2 Imp 1 Medium 3 Parasite

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/

Daily RP Glacier (49 cards)

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
3 NAPD Contract 3 Nisei MK II 3 The Future Perfect
Asset (12)
2 Daily Business Show ā€¢ā€¢ 3 Jackson Howard ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ 1 PAD Campaign 3 Mental Health Clinic 3 Sundew
Upgrade (4)
3 Caprice Nisei 1 Crisium Grid ā€¢
Operation (8)
3 Celebrity Gift 3 Hedge Fund 2 Interns
Barrier (4)
1 Ashigaru 1 Eli 1.0 ā€¢ 2 Himitsu-Bako
Code Gate (7)
2 Enigma 1 Lotus Field 1 Quandary 2 Tollbooth ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ 1 Yagura
Sentry (5)
2 Ichi 1.0 ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ 1 Pup 1 Susanoo-No-Mikoto 1 Tsurugi

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/

2 Likes

Hey you guysā€¦monkey off back!

Count me in to that stimhack tourny

Blue sun grails and reg ass maxx.

Maxx didnā€™t lose to NEH all day(edit: between the 3 of them they scored 2 points total, both breaking news)ā€¦fuck yea @mediohxcore

Indy game time store champs

7 Likes

Woo, congrats! I have always had ashigaru in my RP except for one of the tournament I went to. I find it actually pretty amazing against Lady. Itā€™s a pretty amazing piece of ice albeit expensive as hell to rezā€¦ Though I like tollbooth more if my influence allows it.

I have had ran Maxx at 45 cards for the longest while, but in the past sc I decided try 47 cardsā€¦ Didnā€™t get to use that wanton at all. Think it really is pretty hard to draw into when itā€™s a one of. Would probably try out a scrubber in its spot instead.

Taking these IDs tomorrow to a SC in NJ. Grail RP but close to what you have here. Congrats. I hope I can pull if off as well.

I love Ashigaru so much I run 2. Itā€™s pretty Tollboothy, and works nicely vs Lady and Stealth Andy. And anyone really.

2 Likes