On the Lam - Musings on the NAPD MWL

we are seeing it. I have seen people testing nothing but weyland rush/meat damage in titan and blue sun all day online. The Consortium is back in town

1 Like

Can we talk about Whether this makes the 25 influence neutrals better?

We can, but it’ll be a short conversation. They’re all still pretty bad.

6 Likes

sunny isn’t bad she’s just boring

3 Likes

When do they get around to errata-ing their errata? The Tournament rules doc says it’s in effect January 1, 2016 but the FFG article written by Damon says (multiple times) that it is in effect on February 1, 2016.

??

2 Likes

Baby steps.

2 Likes

Instructions unclear, dick stuck in ceiling fan

3 Likes

I’m sure the article is great, etc., but I came here to say that I love the picture of Damon looking like he’s about to bust out his best Drake impression.

6 Likes

The errata on WNP is instant, as it is an FAQ change.
The NAPD MWL starts in Feb.

1 Like

See NAPD Enemy No.1 commenting on NAPD is really,really exciting.

2 Likes

You used to call me on my PrePaid
Late night when you need some creds
Call me on my PrePaid
Late night when you need some creds
I know when that Astro trains
That can only mean one thing
I know when that Astro trains
That can only mean one thing

Ever since I left the SanSan you
Thought you would be fine without your Clot now
NEH is laughing while they score out
Kate you’re looking sad, you’re looking left out
Cause ever since I left the SanSan you
Started recurring less and getting trashed more
Lady’s left forgotten on the dance floor
Hanging with some breakers I never seen before

You used to call me on my PrePaid…

33 Likes

That bag you link in the article is ridiculous and may have to buy one! Would you recommend it?

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s Drake attempting to bust out his Damon dance impression :wink: — man can dance!

WNP needed to be unique, and lo and behold errata fixes it :). Errata: it works to solve problem cards. Everyone understands it. Note that they didn’t also errata DLR, because DLR props up some other near-tier archetypes.

The MWL is theoretically targeting specific problem archetypes/cards too, except adds a rule and the targeting is so broad it hits a ton of collateral. Errata / reprint is way better broadly dithering around like this with all the attendant risk of unintended consequences. A prediction: this will have less of an impact on the “Top Tier” meta and more of one on the “Nearly Competitive” meta.

@spags right on, right on about Kate & HB (& NEH tbh) being the real issue here: too good all around—their powers are the sanest defaults for too many archetypes because they’re so broadly applicable.

Hopefully we’ll get some errata soon bumping Kit, NEXT, and Iain’s influence up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@spags

YES!

1 Like

Hilarious. I can’t unhear these words…

4 Likes

not gonna lie, I’ve been singing this version to myself since I typed it up…

3 Likes

@spags For being one of the crazy ones, you always say the sanest shit.

5 Likes

If we want to talk about IDs that warp the game, none come higher than Noise for me.

3 Likes

Agree strongly with this. Kate and ETF’s free credit (nearly) every turn is powerful, but the ability to get 1+ sorta-mostly (future) accesses each turn for doing something you’ll want to do anyway ( install a virus for money (cache) or the good stuff it does (e.g. imp) ) is more lopsided. Plus it increases the variance in the game, which some like but many do not.

FFG could errata Kate and ETF so that they only get their bonus on one type of install. Either programs or hardware - ice or not-ice, but not both. I’d still allow the player the choice of either though. Just inform your opponent before you draw your opening hand.

Noise should probably also be changed to the add the “first time each turn you install a virus program…”

That said, I don’t think it will happen.

3 Likes