Online Cache Refresh 2 - Now with prize support!

A second online Cache Refresh tournament will take place starting July 31. After positive feedback from our just completed 24-player online Cache Refresh tournament, I am organizing a second one for any player interested in playing.

What did you say about prize support?
@Sanjay played in the first Online CR and has very generously volunteered to do a custom alt-art of any Cache Refresh legal card and mail copies to the tournament winner.

So you get several weeks of online play in an interesting limited-card-pool format, the chance for glorious victory, and the chance to win a unique alt art card for your collection. All at no cost to you.

Could there possibly be more?

Yes, there is. Sanjay will also design an alt art card for the player voted by the rest of the players to have the “most interesting” deck. I’m still working out how we will do that, but here is the bottom line: Even if you don’t think you can win the event, you can still win a cool alt art card.

Need I say anything more?

Here are the rest of the event details is you are interested in joining in.

How will the tournament work?
This will be an online version of a regular FFG tournament with 4-6 weeks of Swiss pairings followed by a single elimination top cut. The number of Swiss rounds and the size of the top cut will be decided by regular FFG tournament guidelines for relaxed events. The top cut will be played in a best 2-of-3 games format.

Each Sunday night starting July 30, the tournament organizer will post pairings. Players will need to arrange games during the week and report results by the following Sunday. In other words, you will play one game per week.

Scoring will be standard with 3 points for a win. Players may not ID or two-for-one.

Policy Regarding Scheduling Conflicts
Pairings will be posted before midnight Eastern Time each week. Players should contact each other on Monday to arrange a time to play before the reporting deadline. (Remember, you will both Corp and Run.) If a player does not respond to initial attempts to contact within 24 hours, they will forfeit the games for the week. (I’ll need documentation of attempts to contact.)

If players cannot reach a mutually agreeable time to play despite sincere attempts on both ends, then I will enter the results as a 3-3 tie unless one player agrees to concede the match to the other.

If problems with Jinteki or other connection issues disrupt a game. Start over.

If problems with Jinteki or other connection issues prevent the conclusion of a match before the deadline, it will be entered as a 3-3 split unless one player concedes the match to the other.

Will we be using the Cache Refresh bidding system?
No.

Each week you will play both Corp and Runner.

How do I join?

To sign up, you will need a Slack account. That is the best way to arrange games. If you do not provide a Slack username, your entry will be invalid. If you do not have a Slack account, you can use this link.

The Slack channel for this tournament is #cache_refresh_tourney.

This tournament is also listed on Always Be Running, where you can register and later link your deck lists.

What are the deck building rules?
We will use standard Cache Refresh deck building rules. At the start of the tournament you will select an ID for each side (runner/Corp). The card pool for your decks come from the following:

1 Core Set
1 Terminal Directive
1 Big Box (this may be different for Runner and Corp)
The last two cycles of data packs (Flashpoint & Red Sands)

You may change the cards in your deck between weeks, but you cannot change your card pool. You must use the same big box for the whole tournament.

If a new cycle begins while the tournament is going on, Flashpoint will cease to be legal for the tournament at that point and the new cycle will become legal. (NOTE: If a new cycle starts, Flashpoint’s IDs will remain legal but the rest of the Flashpoint card pool will not.)

Cards are legal for the tournament when they hit their retail street date and are available on Jinteki.net.

Where can I post my match results?
Use this Google Form to report the results of you games. Only one player needs to submit match results each week.

If you have any questions, please post here or over in the Slack channel.

Good luck and have fun.

9 Likes

For those interested, it would be beneficial to see what the field looked like last time, here is the report including decklists!

I’ll see what I can add for prize support. I have deckboxes and some alt-arts I’m sure.

4 Likes

I’m back for a second round, and I think it’s really cool that @Sanjay volunteered to make prizes!
Custom alt arts are amazing and I hope we get a peek at what the eventual results look like even if we don’t win any of them.

3 Likes

I’m signed up!

1 Like

I’m pretty new to doing Netrunner card art, but I wanted to show y’all what I’ve done so far. I did prize support previously for a local league. That time, the custom alt arts were for 1st place and last place. I was last place, so 2nd last place got the prize instead.

I made a Near-Earth Hub incorporating some of that player’s favorite cards to play in NEH (see if you can find them all!):

and a Harmony Medtech attempting to capture the cheerful sinisterness of Jinteki:

And this, if you forgive my poor photography, is how the cards came out:

So yeah! Win the tournament or bring the most interesting deck, and I’m really looking forward to working with you to figure out something to draw.

11 Likes

Aww, I love them! Especially the NEH.

1 Like

Two things.

1. @Sanjay That alt art is really fun I can’t wait to see what you come up with for this tournament.

2. I’m into this. I just have to pick my IDs.

1 Like

ROUND ONE PAIRINGS FOR ONLINE CACHE REFRESH 2

Here is the list of pairings for OCR 2. I have included the Jinteki sign on and the Slack username of each participant to hopefully make it easier to communicate.

You will have to enter a result for each game here.

All results should be entered by 5 p.m. (EDT) Sunday, Aug. 6, 2017.

Please reach out to organize your games as soon as possible. We have players from different parts of the planet, so please be flexible in organizing your games.

Good luck and have fun!

Llaera llaera
enkoder enkoder

Terrificy Terrificy
Zankoku zankoku

thebigunit3000 thebigunit3000
BearlyRelevant bearlyrelevant

WildSam WildSam
pj20 pj20

Chaostheorie charlotte_k_l
otterstrike danjackson

StephenE stephene
PaxCecilia PaxCecilia

chailight chailight
PureFlight PureFlight

x3r0h0ur x3r0h0ur
BizTheDad BizTheDad

Tyrell tyrell_corp
bayaz gaff_bayaz

YankeeFlatline YankeeFlatline
Barbarian Barbarian

conphas conphas
ZiNOS zinos

internet_potato internet_potato
XanderofXanadu ManintheCrowds

RPT rpt
MotionBlur motionblur

lazychef13 lazychef13
osclate osclate

frogblast frogblast
internet internet

fourdownmagic fourdownmagic
forjay forjay

Ghost Meat dave.laird
neuropantser neuropantser

yann yann
-Codemarvelous- Codemarvelous

Ino209 Ino209
Pampelmuse Grimwalker

PanzerD PanzerD
ruby_fell ruby

FightingWalloon FightingWalloon
sanjay sanjay

Kerradai Kerradai
Dial817 Dial817

kevintame kevintame
soopamike spieroz

adamdynris adamdynris
mbzrl mbzrl

JDC_Wolfpack JDC_Wolfpack
CrushU CrushU

2 Likes

Man, this sounds very fun! If only I weren’t leaving on a trip on 7/31. Perhaps season 3.

Good luck everyone!

1 Like

If you are in the tournament, please make sure to check with Slack to communicate with your opponents.

If you do not respond to attempts to reach you by Tuesday, you will be awarded a double loss for the first round.

I’m not at pairings even if i’m registered at the tournament. My username is fingerzz at the tournament.

I had one registration that forgot to include usernames or email addresses. That may have been yours. I posted a list of people who had registered twice without your name on it. Sorry you did not get to play round one.

Just for the information, if we want to play for certain side how to decide? Dice roll? It would be nice that your random generator decide which player chooses side

You play both sides each match. The rounds are just like a regular tournament. You can determine between the two players who does what first any way you like.

ROUND ONE IS OVER

Here are the ROUND TWO pairings.

soopamike spieroz
Bye
WildSam WildSam
Ghost Meat dave.laird

forjay forjay
PureFlight PureFlight

internet_potato internet_potato
Tyrell tyrell_corp

YankeeFlatline YankeeFlatline
Ino209 Ino209

internet internet
Terrificy Terrificy

PaxCecilia PaxCecilia
ruby_fell ruby

enkoder enkoder
kevintame kevintame

mbzrl mbzrl
BearlyRelevant bearlyrelevant

Chaostheorie charlotte_k_l
-Codemarvelous- Codemarvelous

BizTheDad BizTheDad
sanjay sanjay

conphas conphas
Dlai817 Dlai817

otterstrike danjackson
FightingWalloon FightingWalloon

RPT rpt
Kerradai Kerradai

lazychef13 lazychef13
x3r0h0ur x3r0h0ur

ZiNOS zinos
osclate osclate

thebigunit3000 thebigunit3000
JDC_Wolfpack JDC_Wolfpack

yann yann
CrushU CrushU

MotionBlur motionblur
adamdynris adamdynris

Llaera llaera
PanzerD PanzerD

pj20 pj20
Barbarian Barbarian

StephenE stephene
tr1s tr1s

chailight chailight
bayaz gaff_bayaz

fourdownmagic fourdownmagic
gasman14 gasman14

XanderofXanadu ManintheCrowds
Pampelmuse Grimwalker

neuropantser neuropantser
fingerzz fingerzz

Please contact your opponent on Slack as soon as possible to arrange your match.

All match results are due by 5 p.m. (EDT) on Sunday, August 13.

Good luck and have fun!

I am off the grid till Wednesday morning and slack is not working on the phone with bad connection. Can I contact osclate here?

Hi, I’m Laura (osclate)! Sure, we can plan our match on here. I’m available most days 1-3 pm or after 8pm EDT.

1 Like

FYI - Added to the top post, too.

Policy Regarding Scheduling Conflicts
Pairings will be posted before midnight Eastern Time each week. Players should contact each other on Monday to arrange a time to play before the reporting deadline. (Remember, you will both Corp and Run.) If a player does not respond to initial attempts to contact within 24 hours, they will forfeit the games for the week. (I’ll need documentation of attempts to contact.)

If players cannot reach a mutually agreeable time to play despite sincere attempts on both ends, then I will enter the results as a 3-3 tie unless one player agrees to concede the match to the other.

If problems with Jinteki or other connection issues disrupt a game. Start over.

If problems with Jinteki or other connection issues prevent the conclusion of a match before the deadline, it will be entered as a 3-3 split unless one player concedes the match to the other.

2 Likes

Meaning Midnight on Sunday to Monday?

Btw, what is the deadline for finishing the games?

Usually I can get pairings up before 10 pm Sunday.

Deadline to report the s 5 pm Sunday, but if They know in advance a late report is coming, I can adjust.