Opinions on Decklists for Tourney on Saturday

Hey guys, got a tournament coming up on Saturday and I just wanted to get some advice on my decks from the gurus. I’m in total “try-hard” mode now with Store Championship season approaching and I’d like to start posting up some wins… LOL

I’m die-hard Shaper, so the Runner deck I’m fairly confident in. I’m just not sure about the Foundry deck I’ve built. Your thoughts and suggestions are most appreciated! Without further ado…

Siphon ALL The Codes!

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (18)
2x Code Siphon (The Source)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••••
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
2x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
1x Stimhack (Core Set) •
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Hardware (11)
2x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x CyberSolutions Mem Chip (Fear and Loathing)
1x Feedback Filter (Creation and Control)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (3)
2x Public Sympathy (Cyber Exodus)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (7)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) •
1x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set) •
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)

Program (7)
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between) ••••
1x Datasucker (Core Set) •
2x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

14 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

I feel like Code Siphon helps the deck a lot by setting up the rig faster, basically only requiring one SMC and a little extra cash instead of two SMCs. One thing I’m not sure of is if I really need Femme with D4v1d in the deck. Breaking big stuff super-easy is awesome, but so is bypassing Tollbooth… :smile: The other thing I did was switch Zu out for Gordian and thus swapped the Dysons for Akamatsus. Maybe this is a bad call but the Dysons seemed a bit expensive and I’d rather just click Opus to beat traces than rely on beefed-up Link. Also, Zu seems less cost-effective than Gordian.

Foundry v1.0

The Foundry: Refining the Process (The Spaces Between)

Agenda (10)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
3x Bifrost Array (All That Remains)
1x Eden Fragment (The Spaces Between)
1x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
2x Priority Requisition (Core Set)

Asset (9)
3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
3x Executive Boot Camp (All That Remains) •••
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••

Upgrade (4)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) ••••• •

Operation (9)
2x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Peak Efficiency (Up and Over)
1x Reclamation Order (Double Time)

Barrier (8)
2x Heimdall 2.0 (Creation and Control)
2x Markus 1.0 (The Source)
3x NEXT Silver (Upstalk)
1x Wotan (Second Thoughts)

Code Gate (6)
3x Lotus Field (Upstalk) •••
3x NEXT Bronze (Opening Moves)

Sentry (2)
2x Architect (Up and Over)

Other (1)
1x Mother Goddess (Upstalk)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

As for this, I like the concept but the ICE and economy both feel a bit weak. I’m not really sure what to do with this. I might just take a Cambridge-esque PE instead.

Regarding your corp deck, why the foundry over ETF? If all that you want is Next ice I’d stick to blue and green levels.

It seems like a cool ability, which I value a bit more in my head. I mean, saving money is great, but I like abilities more than discounts

Also, I’ve been playing ETF almost exclusively since day one. Just trying to switch it up a bit from boring old HBFA.

1 Like

I’d trust Dan’s list over all else if you want to play Foundry. For Shaper, I’d go with Calimsha’s PP Dog. I believe the decklist, or pretty close, is the one Dan used at the recent Philadelphia championship on Winning Decklists portal. That said, experience is very valuable, so if you have played a lot with your Kate list, stick with that. I don’t agree with not running Lady, though. Glad to see D4vid; I think it’s a great card for Shaper right now. Not sure if Public Sympathy is worthwhile. Also, do you really need 2 Akamatsu and 1 Cybersolutions? Maybe swap both Akamatsu for a second Cybersolutions and free up a slot.

1 Like

Nah this shaper deck looks sweet. I mean, if you want to be tier 1 for sure, calim’s dog deck is a safe bet, but I love me some magnum opus. Code siphon + femme is a sweet combo. This deck may win less but it will win in style.

Compare to my opus kate build. My experience with opus suggests the following changes:

• You don’t need sharpshooter if you have d4v1d

• You don’t need feedback filter if you have deus

• Cut the corroder for 2 more stimhack, and play lady. Don’t bother with inti if you have so many test runs and scavenges.

• I’m serious about 3 stimhack.

• Play 3 astrolabe if you want to beat NEH

• Play 3 opus

• You don’t need sure gamble, only play it if you have extra deck slots

5 Likes

Fair enough. What about Grail ice then?

I wouldn’t run either of those decks. Just play @spags’s decks from Worlds and call it good.

2 Likes

I’ve played a lot of foundry. Its a lot of fun - but if your objective is to win - I don’t think its the way to go. PE or RP seems to be.

But if you’re insistent on Foundry:

Since you have Greens (and should consider blues) - why no ADR?
You could for example mirrormorph/interns into an amazon to prevent any downside to ADR.

Or you could A Detailed Exploration of Accelerated Diagnostics + Scorched Earth Combos | Android: Netrunner

You don’t have enough econ to rez your ice - consider oversight? If you go oversight - janus.
Howler is brilliant in foundry and combos with successful demonstration.

last comments: consider melance, shell corp, itd.

Trying to lure me into this thread? Well done.

I did like Zu/Dyson better than Cybersolutions. Granted, I didn’t have Opus.

I agree with @bblum and run at least a couple Stimhack.

Siphon, TR, and SMC… A little too much search?