So I was playing some Apex yesterday. Really liking what Reaver does for him. Figured I’d post up the list here and maybe generate some discussion.
Oscar the Trash Monster
Apex: Invasive Predator (Data and Destiny)
- 3x Apocalypse (Data and Destiny)
- 2x Deuces Wild (23 Seconds) ●●
- 3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
- 6x Exclusive Party (Salsette Island) ●●●●● ●
- 3x Infiltration (Core Set)
- 1x Interdiction (Martial Law)
- 1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) ●●●
- 3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
- 3x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
- 1x Hunting Grounds (Data and Destiny)
- 1x The Turning Wheel (The Liberated Mind) ●
- 3x Wasteland (Data and Destiny)
- 1x Black Orchestra (Escalation) ●●
- 1x Faust (The Underway) *●●
- 1x MKUltra (Martial Law) ●●
- 1x Paperclip (Blood Money) ●●●
25 influence spent (max 25)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Martial Law
Deck built on NetrunnerDB.
Game plan is the same as it’s always been for Apex; hit them with Apocalypse whenever you can get value out of it. Game will probably end after 1 if it’s mid-late game, but, if not, you’re likely in the advantageous position. However, with Reaver and Faust, you can also play a fairly aggressive game even if your Apocalypse gets stifled, which helps fix his one-dimensional playstyle.
Relies on an extremely aggressive draw engine from Chop + Reaver + EP + DW to hit the ground running. A ton of event economy to let you setup and use your overdraws while staying wealthy. That said, don’t be afraid to lose some of the engine to get off Apocalypse. I wish there was something better than Infiltration (and there probably is), but it functioned alright even with it.
Once you’re setup and passively drawing massive amounts of cards, Faust becomes the primary breaker with the heap suite augmenting it. Endless Hunger is a trap IMO, given the amount of non-ETR blocking ICE that exists, and how installing it impedes setting up multiple Reavers. Could consider including if early game rush is a problem though (with only 4 breakers it can take time to find what you need). If you include EH you likely axe Infiltrations.
Interdiction is a poor man’s Rumor Mill. Not as strong, but can catch the unsuspecting off-guard, and without the 2 influence cost.
That’s pretty much it. Be happy to hear any feedback you all have. Cheers.