Peddling Peddler - All Things Kit

Well, you want to have your codegate breaker without having to crack an SMC when you play Kit. That’s why you really want to have it 3x, either the Gordian or the Refractor.

2 Likes

I don’t play Dirty Laundry in Kit anymore. Datasucker alone isn’t enough synergy to make it any more than marginal.

I kinda think you should play 3x Diesel in 3x ProCon decks, because god is it nice to see in those games where you don’t find your ProCon right away.

I also kinda like Personal Workshop with ProCon - if you’re looking for econ and draw a bunch of crap you don’t want to install right now instead (which happens kind of often with ProCon) it really smooths it out. And, hey! You get to be Kate with a 1-turn delay.

The Aesop’s suite is not bad either. That’s what I play in my most aggressive Kit decks.

1 Like

I am trying to make an ice destruction Kit deck also.

However, i see tha most of you go to a 3 X Spooned, 1 X Femme aproach or 2X Spooned, 1 X parasite, 2 X Datasucker.

IMHO, datasucker is not a must have card in your rig if you actually pull out a test run/Scavenge for a Torch or something like that.

What I am trying now is 2 X Spooned, 1 X Planned assault (for the Spooned or the Makers Eye in the deck and maybe Dirty Laundry but I am not so sure that it will fit), 1 X Parasite.

This effectively is 3 X Spooned, with the added bonus of the Parasite Recursion.

With 3 X Clonechips and 3 X Same Old thing, I believe that a lot of ICE are going the way of the dodo during a match. Unfortunately, first baby in the house, no time to play or test.

What do you think?

Free the ICE!

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (17)
2x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Escher (Creation and Control)
2x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
2x Spooned (Order and Chaos)[color=#FF4500] ••••• •[/color]
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)
2x Tinkering (Core Set)

Hardware (12)
3x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
2x CyberSolutions Mem Chip (Fear and Loathing)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (3)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (4)
1x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
3x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)

Program (9)
2x Collective Consciousness (The Source)
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
2x Parasite (Core Set)[color=#FF4500] ••••[/color]
2x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

10 influence spent (max 10)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

My idea is an Opus based economy. With Collective Counsciouness to help with clickless draw. Scavenge for retargeting the Cyphers or getting extra parasites if necessary.
[The idea of Opus based economy and a more events is because once Comet comes out I think it will fit right in!]

1 Like

I’ve had a big break to clear my mind. The deck that got my back into Netrunner is Kit Stealth:

Kit Stealth

Event (15)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Modded (Core Set)
2x Tinkering (Core Set)
1x Vamp (Trace Amount) ••

Hardware (11)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
2x HQ Interface (Humanity’s Shadow) ••••
3x Lockpick (Opening Moves)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (8)
3x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (7)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
2x Dagger (Creation and Control)
3x Refractor (First Contact)

Program (4)
3x Cloak (Creation and Control)
1x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Up and Over

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

So far this deck has done well, but I barely played ten games. Econwise this deck was solid so far and with the Interfaces every run is a danger.

3 Likes

I’ve been messing around with a Spooned build, and while it’s good, Architect as the outermost piece of ice on important servers really takes a big bite out of it. And who isn’t running architect these days? Seriously, fuck that card.

Amen, not on the Architect, whose subroutines make the game very interesting and are what Minelayer aspired to be, but on the “can’t be uninstalled” clause, which is just odd.

I’m sorry, did someone say “Escher”? :smiley:

Seriously though, that card solves so many problems these days, it might even be worth doing as a 2-of for Kit. Especially in a Spooned + Parasite dedicated ICE destruction thing, which might be counter-intuitive at first, since you’re decreasing the number of “ICE slots” you’re operating with.

1 Like

The reason for this is explained in the FFG article where Jeremy talks about the design:

Because I was also looking for something to help counter powerful cards, like the ubiquitous Parasite (Core Set, 12). I had thought about adding the ability, “Architect's strength cannot be lowered.” This would have been an incredibly strong ability, but also one better used elsewhere. Also, it wouldn’t have addressed the confusion that could be introduced if the Corp chose to trash Architect while resolving its first subroutine: Would the second subroutine still resolve if Architect was no longer installed? A much better solution prevented any confusion while helping to counter Parasite; I added the ability, “Architect cannot be trashed while installed.”
3 Likes

Thanks for the link. I can respect the wordig to avoid confusion as the subs resolve.

I should have clarified, by “odd” I meant overpowered. Architect would see just as much play if it wasn’t invincible. I’m cool with countering parasite, but in the vein of Lotus Field. Invincible-esque ice should be underpowered if wasn’t for their invincibility.

Maybe an “Architect cannot be trashed by the corp while installed” wording would have solved the confusion while not parasite-proofing an already excellent piece of ice.

2 Likes

I definitely think Architect is too strong for its cost and influence, which is why I made the snarky comment. I agree that Escher definitely needs to be bumped up to a 2-of, because Architect is everywhere these days. But anyways, getting back on topic…

I need to do some more testing, but I think it may be time to release the Kraken. It’s really not an unreasonable 1-of or 2-of card in an ice destruction build. Presumably Kit is going to weaken a server (probably R&D) to the point where it has just 1, or perhaps 2 pieces of ice on it. Repeated R&D accesses with TME or RDIs will likely turn up an agenda eventually, and by mid-game you are probably holding 1 Kraken in hand to follow up. 3 credits to blow up a piece of ice is not much more than the 2 credits + break cost using Spooned, or 2 credits (and maybe clone chip or SMC costs) for parasite. Plus, it’s influence-free and works with SOT.

The big weakness of Kraken is that the corp gets to choose the ice. That’s why the card hasn’t really seen play; because the corp can just choose some turd ice that isn’t doing anything anymore. But in a Kit ice destruction deck, the corp probably doesn’t even have all that much choice in what to trash, and Kit has always been perfectly happy if the corp trashes something simple like a Pop Up or an Ice Wall. Get that shit off her server and let that big scary ice count as code gate!

I’ve definitely liked it so far, and would recommend that others try it out for testing. I think that 2 Spooned, 1 Parasite, full Shaper recursion (SMC + CC + Test Run), and 1 or 2 Kraken is a real force to be reckoned with.

Here’s what I’ve been testing out. Version 1 of this deck had Magnum Opus in it, and Code Siphon to get it out. That deck worked well, but had a lot of deck slots tied up in memory chips and that kind of thing. This deck is much lighter on economy and that is currently cause for concern. I may swap RDIs for TMEs just to save a couple bucks here and there. Torch is in there as a potential Test Run + Scavenge target, at which point you won’t need Cyber Cyphers anymore. I need to fit a Levy in here but don’t know what to cut…

Release The Kraken

Event (18)

Hardware (8)

Resource (6)

Icebreaker (9)

Program (4)

Kit is the runner most able to take advantage of Kraken. Leela may be second.

I think Kit decks have 2 vacancies that need to be filled, and this deck has problems with both: HQ Pressure and aggressive econ.

I’ve found two Legwork is very strong in Kit as she discourages early remote scoring with her ability alone. Agendas pile up and Legworks are usually juicy by turn 5 or 6. Vamp is also good at 2 influence with Mopus econ. I’ve even played against a Sneakdoor/HQ Interface version that took me by surprise.

As for econ, Kit can’t do the popular Kate solution, PPVP and Lucky finds, and she can’t really do the CT drug child solution: 3 Stimhacks, SMC/workshop and Magnum Opus with no needed MU support. My reading on Shaper econ is that try as it might, it will never truly be able to keep up with NEH super fast advance. Kate and Chaos Theory can be built to sometimes keep up with that pace, but only the natural, built in econ of Gabe or Andromeda along with high influence Criminal cards can really hope to pace fastrobiotics.

Shaper econ is fine for non-fast advance decks, be it Magnum Opus or even ProCo + Events. Stealth is nice too. Until Clot is released, Kit will be on her heels vs. common NEH matchups. It may be wrong, but I’m loathe to really spend much time honing Shaper decks until Clot comes out and allows them to run their in-faction econ. That will allow most Shaper decks to spend 14 of their influence on the two things they lack: HQ pressure and destruction/disruption.

I’ve been running a PVP Kit build lately that has been mostly working for me. At the very least, I find that most of my losses come from errors on my part instead of the deck itself. I run the standard shell of 3 PVP, 3 Dirty Laundry, 3 Sure Gamble, 2 Lucky Find and supplement it with 3 Professional Contacts and a Stimhack. Last 5 influence are Parasite, Femme and Legwork. I used to have 3 Lucky Finds, but the swith to Parasite has helped with the RP matchup.

2 Likes

Nice influence package. A few questions:

Is it a Torch deck? Final rig Torch, Femme, Lady?

Any room for Deus X and 3 Clones for PE, or just a Feedback Filter?

How many Test Run/Scavenge?

After playing extensively, do you think Daily Casts would be a surer way to get 5 credits than full priced PPVPs?

Actually, questions are silly. A deck list would be cool if possible.

Prepaid Kit 5.1

Event (21)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Indexing (Future Proof)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit)[color=#4169E1] ••[/color]
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
2x Lucky Find (Double Time)[color=#708090] ••••[/color]
3x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
1x Stimhack (Core Set)[color=#FF4500] •[/color]
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)
2x Tinkering (Core Set)

Hardware (9)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)

Resource (5)
3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
2x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)[color=#4169E1] •[/color]
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)

Program (4)
1x Parasite (Core Set)[color=#FF4500] ••[/color]
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Eh le voila!

Based on Calimsha’s PVP and my undying love for Cy-Cy’s, I only run those. Torch is just too expensive, I’d rather use a Scavenge to reposition to another server. It’s more of a sniping deck than continuous pressure.

The rest of the list is pretty basic stuff, except maybe for the Tinkerings. They act as pseudo Inside Jobs at key times. I have to get more experience against PE, but I do have Deus X recursion and 1 LARLA. I love my cash too much to burn it on FF…

I have used Daily Casts before switching to PVP, but they’re too slow for me – odd as that may seem. I already have a tempo hit via ProCon, but after that, the card draw + cash, combined with reduction on events gets me much more surprise bursts than Daily Cast installs.

I’d love to include a second Lady or Plascrete, but I honestly don’t know what to cut…

1 Like