Philly Regionals (June 20) Discussion Zone™

Agreed, there is no doubt that Dan + Blum are both crazy good players. I mostly want their lists for posterity. And for Worlds training :wink:

4 Likes

NRE Reg Ass (46 cards)

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock

Event (13)
2 Deja Vu
3 I’ve Had Worse
1 Knifed
1 Legwork
1 Levy AR Lab Access
1 Queen’s Gambit
1 Stimhack
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (7)
3 Clone Chip
2 Grimoire
2 Net-Ready Eyes

Resource (11)
3 Daily Casts
3 Kati Jones
3 Liberated Account
2 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (6)
2 Corroder
2 Mimic
2 Yog.0

Program (9)
1 D4v1d
2 Datasucker
2 Imp
1 Medium
3 Parasite

Hate playing 46 cards but it’s semi justifiable in Maxx and I can’t find a cut. You might want 2nd David but I get by without it, and there are some matchups where it doesn’t do anything. I have considered cutting 1 Parasite but it seems sketchy. Deck went 9-1, taking its first and only tournament loss to Jesse Vandover on CI shutdown. I think I’m about 29-1 with it. Very few people can play this deck to its full potential: @crfluency played it very well, but it seems like the sort of thing that is just a lot harder to pick up on the flow for some people than others. Your game plan changes somewhat drastically based on the matchup and if you don’t play them exactly right you can tank your percentages pretty hard.

Perfection (49 cards)

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
1 Chronos Project
2 NAPD Contract
3 Nisei MK II
3 The Future Perfect

Asset (10)
1 Daily Business Show
3 Jackson Howard
3 Mental Health Clinic
3 Sundew

Upgrade (4)
1 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
3 Caprice Nisei

Operation (8)
3 Celebrity Gift
3 Hedge Fund
1 Interns
1 Restructure

Barrier (5)
3 Eli 1.0
2 Himitsu-Bako

Code Gate (7)
2 Crick
1 Enigma
2 Lotus Field
2 Tollbooth

Sentry (6)
1 Ichi 1.0
3 Pup
1 Susanoo-No-Mikoto
1 Tsurugi

I had a Crisium Grid and a Viper, as well as 2nd Enigma before NRE came out. I decided to move off Crisium, as it can be bad vs durdley Anarchs whereas before it was good vs basically everything. Got punished for it in elims when I couldn’t find Caprice vs Eater Maxx, but the Ichi that it made room for was great all day. I also cut an Enigma for a 2nd Bako to allow you to gearcheck anarchs harder, which is their main weakness, and have something that isn’t just dead to Yog late. I added restructure in the crisium flex slot because in the matchups where you can’t necessarily play attrition, (Whiz, Val, Regass, Kate to some extent), you really just want to make enough money to score your agendas and then move as quickly as possible once you get the 1st Nisei. Restructure gives you the extra boost you need to get there. RP didn’t do as well as Regass, but it was mostly because I shat the bed on psi games, I think going well under 50%. I think it went 6-4 or 7-4 or something but some of the losses just felt absurdly unlucky.

10 Likes

The appropriate hashtag is #46cards4lyfe.

I felt it was a bad meta call. Anarchs have gotten a lot better since O&C (funny thing) so the crim matchup is really the only reason to play the deck anymore; but I correctly guessed that I would face no crim on the day.

There were a couple bootcamp players around table 8 or so in the last two rounds. Mad respect to them for doing well with it… but astrobiotics was way better for the meta. :smile:

Kate deck exact same as I played in cambridge (same as in rochester + plascrete as 46th). NEH is also cookie-cutter (2 SFSS, 1 CVS, 2 DBS) but the ichi is definitely secret tech. Thanks to you @calimsha for suggesting it. Highlight of the day was when I comboed it with CVS against poor @sheshonk last click to blow up not only mimic and yog but also a 9 credit kati jones.

4 Likes

That was me :grinning: , I was at table 7,table 1 and table 5 for the last three rounds I think. I figured since you and Dan will be there, nothing will be better than playing bootcamp BS and RegAss Maxx

Decklists:

Wins in swiss against valencia incubator combo, kate (with clot), reg-maxx, @sheshonk reg-maxx, @robotussin hayley (with clot). Losses to kate (with clot) and whizzard. Win in elims against eater-maxx; loss in elims to @mediohxcore reg-ass maxx.

Wins in swiss vs foundry grail/twins, HB director haas, RP, @sheshonk HB glacier, @robotussin turtlebacks astrobiotics, butchershop. Loss in swiss against butchershop. Wins in elims vs @simonmoon HBFA, @hhooo astrobiotics, and @mediohxcore RP.

7 Likes

Your last swiss game was streamed and your opponent played NEH Butchershop :).

Ran Cao from DC also played Bootcamp and managed to get a time win against @Webster Andysucker on round 6, sitting at table 1. A bummer that she didn’t won her Runner game, it was a close one.

1 Like

Hi Ben, congrats on the win! I was your round 5 opponent. I was playing NEH grail turtlebacks. Kept missing those Astros in hq! Again, congrats and great games!

1 Like

Thanks, I knew there was another game against astrobiotics I was forgetting.

that was my round 6 and it was not NEH butchershop, it is a very standard NEH played by @Webster
We did 7 rounds and that time win put me into a situation where I have to win both on my last round. After knowing that I’m going to play Dan, it became mission impossible : )

1 Like

Oh sorry, I was answering to @bblum (he did played butchershop on his last round)
Just got a bit screwed up on who I was answering.

1 Like

The most justifiable deck for going 46+ (enough, Val players) is MaxX. However, it’s a slippery slope. Next stop: @anon34370798 80+ card MaxX

6 Likes

Fairly certain the established pattern is 45, 46, 47, 77. Syntanacci sequence?

15 Likes

I see, good to have another tiebreaker level, though I’m not sure if this is a very good one, theoretically it says something about performance but may turn out to practically being random. But what I was interested is if FFG somehow announced this change before the event - this tiebreaker system is different from what tournament rules say, and this was a Premier level event so according to FFG players “should expect all rules to be strictly enforced”. TBH I think I’d be quite annoyed if I finished, like Jesse did, outside of top 8 because of some unofficial tiebreaker instead of being given a fair coin toss following the official rules. But I guess with FFG everything is possible.

3 Likes

So, how does one acquire a copy of said tournament software? The regionals insert doesn’t seem to mention it.

It was given to all American stores hosting regionals. We didn’t get them here in the UK either.

1 Like

Youre not missing much; its still all kinds of shitty.

6 Likes

Beats having to borrow a fucking ipad every single goddamn tournament

I used NRTM to run an ANRPC tourney yesterday. Was near perfect. SoS was fine, as no one dropped. However, after 5 rounds, we had ties for 1st and 4th, with same SoS, and in one case, a split head-to-head. Everyone looked to me, I shrugged my shoulders, and a coin flip decided 4th amicably.

Man, involving money sure turned players into heartless cutthroats.

8 Likes

Just got home (Went to east coast roller derby extravaganza with my girlfriend today). Tournament was hella fun. I was really proud of my 5th place finish, especially in this field.

This was my second regional and first top 8 at a tournament, and I started off with a crazy 10-0 start which was pretty hype. I was on the streams twice (rounds 3/5), and highlights included queens gambiting a project beale and leaving hq undefended turn 1 against siphon max (I had ice in hand to, just was not thinking whatsoever), so my terrible play that I manage to pull out of my ass and win is on the internet for everyone to witness and mock. All my games in elims were great, losing to Ben and Dan and sadly beating my fellow New Yorker Chris to eliminate him (after losing to him twice in the final round).

I played Maxx and ETF, with Maxx going 6-2 and ETF going 6-3. 48 card Maxx not strong enough.

This made me extra sad that I missed out on the worlds ticket, because while I was on the fence before 100% want to go now. Also, we need to get some cross regional tournaments going so we can prove the supremacy of the North East and make me feel better about fifth.

Props to Ben for winning, props the everyone from NYC for cheering me on, and props to everyone who I talked to who was awesome and friendly.

9 Likes

We use Tourney Magistrate. It’s shit, but I know how to use it, and I have a 2 minute turnaround time between rounds with it.

2 Likes