Plascrete Carapce VS. Sports Hopper

Because invasive predators don’t care about seeking enlightenment :wink:

3 Likes

No, but consuming a guru might be able to teach you a thing or two about damage prevention.

But maybe I am misinterpreting how a digital entity “consumes” data. It might just be like a force of digital nature that is destroying for the hell of it.

Or it might be consuming data to become sentient.

The world may never know.

1 Like

Emphasis added. I’m sure Apex would love to help Davinder rid himself of his mortal coil, but Davinder would prefer it happens gradually and with less fire and burninating.

1 Like

Guru is awful. Don’t play it.

5 Likes

Ya. It really is… Now that I played it.

1 Like

As a PE player I would kindly request that all runners include him as a 3x in their deck…

5 Likes

Davinder only seems relevant if it is used to prevent a glut of damage like a ronin or scorched.

Since most of the relevant damage cards right now are small pings, he is terrible.

Also in a tech slot he is terrible as you can’t use another card to prevent the tiny net damage pings.

Anarch has I’ve Had Worse.

Shaper has Net Shield.

Even in Criminal, you are probably better off just running a drug dealer as a pseudo net shield and tanking the damage right to the chops.

Mostly accurate analysis:
Anarch’s Had Worse, Shaper’s got a Shield, Criminal’s defense against net damage is Not Playing Criminal.

6 Likes

Poor, poor criminals.

1 Like

Criminals do have a way of mitigating - Titanium Ribs, for instance - but will splash Feedback Filter to really try to avoid anything serious.

Crim’s defense against net damage is using Desperado, John Masanori, and Dirty Laundry to check every remote and keep making money / drawing. Siphon them down as much as possible so hopefully they can’t activate their traps. As soon as you stop checking remotes against IG / PE you are dead.

In a ideal universe, Guru would self-immolate at the end of the turn if you don’t pay up.

1 Like

I was wary of using Hopper instead of Plascrete in my Andromeda deck, but decided to test it. I put in 2x Hopper and cut the 1x Plascrete. First game was against Argus (of course), and I was able to win before it came up. I played against Haarp kill, and they scored 2 Breaking News before I was able to steal a single agenda (gulp). I installed a Hopper and was able to keep 5 cards in hand at the end of each turn, and was able to hold off getting killed long enough to get back in the game. The extra link was also really helpful for getting through Data Raven’s and Resistors. Eventually I got a second Hopper out and won the game. I think it’s a really solid card. Occasionally you might die because it’s not Plascrete? But generally you’ll be fine.

1 Like

So I played against an opponent last night with sports hopper instead of plascrete for the first time. He also used chameleon to get that extra handsize at the end of the turn after I midseasoned him. The sports hopper over plascrete cost him at least our game. Which isn’t really that meaningful, other than to say that you prob need to run both sports hopper and a plascrete, or two sports hoppers, in a meta where scorch kills are a thing (and for some reason our gnk last night had a plethora of kill decks…though mostly argus)

EDIT: For the sake of clarity, I was the corp on kill. He was the runner playing a single sports hopper and no plascrete. He died.

Because a three to four card combo is better than the other factions one card silver bullets that are good in other match ups.

But hey, at least Desperado is a good card!

1 Like

Three to four good all purpose cards instead of one silver bullet seems fair to me…

Its fine, but wyldcakes it isn’t.

The Hopper might make up the difference though.