Play at or above your level?

Bahaha, since writing that post, I won 6 of the next 6 tournaments I played in. 15/17, bitches what now.

I wouldn’t mind getting upset in Philly this year. I really want to beat Pacer and Ahmed in NC though ;D

4 Likes

I’m rooting for Team ATL.

I’m not. They get too many regionals down there. Mid Atlantic got one? Stupid.

4 Likes

LOL you’re talking to Wisconsinboy over here

5 Likes

Going to my third Regional next week, using my 5th and 6th different factions. #lifeishard #dontblameme

4 Likes

We should play pick the decks @spags plays. I say Weyland: Because We Built It and Iain Stirling. If you can finish top 2 with those IDs you will be hailed as a god among men.

4 Likes

What helped me the most when I was first coming up was to sit and watch two really good players in some casual games and ask as many questions as you can without annoying them. After a couple games, ask to play winner and have the other player watch. After the game, or even after big moments, ask what you did right/wrong and for some suggestions of other plays you could have made.

Granted, not everyone’s local scene is conducive to this. I don’t play online either; do the clients allow for that level of interaction?

1 Like

I’d nominate Pheromones Gabe and GRNDL with profiteering, Grim, Hostile and Tenma line to stack up the IRS. Decks that can actually be pretty good if all the planets align, not decks that are just crap no matter what.

3 Likes

You’re not going to warren michigan are you? Thats my third, I’d like a shot to win ya know.

1 Like

Taking the weekend off. FFG Centre on the 13th, however, is getting the full TDP experience.

3 Likes

This is what it is like playing in Philly. “Oh Dan’s not going to this tourney? I actually have a shot!”

It’s how I won my SC and how I hope to have a shot at the ANRPC tourney this Saturday in NJ.

2 Likes

Now is not the time what with Yog back.

I have, however, looked at IRS a few times and thought silly things.

Wisconsinboys? Yippee ki yay Mr. Falcon. Defend your home turf fellas, it’s a long season of taking flack for dropping the ball when you got all of one Regional to brawl over.

1 Like

He’s playing regass OR ELSE

1 Like

As of a few days ago, I’ll be there too :). Come say howdy!

I know when I started playing, it helped me a lot just to go to my first tournament. I really sucked at that point, but I learned a lot of basic stuff, and got to talk a lot with better players and improve my game. From there just playing a lot, and trying new decks to get a better experience overall is very helpful.

Stop reminding me why yog is still the biggest mistake this game has ever made and why i hate it when yog is real.

5 Likes

I hear you loud and clear. I’d be happy to offer up my legal services, great rates for Stimhack pals. There is a case here. Significant emotional damages have been perpetrated by Yog users over the past 3 years. $500/hr

1 Like

Here are my Regional choices:

Wausau: Kate/RP
Madison: Whizz/ETF
FFG: (tentatively) Leela/NEH
Chicago: (tentatively) MaxX/BS

4 Likes

If I can remember what you look like…I’ll be on my regionals mat with maxx and hub

1 Like