Play at or above your level?

Don’t play NEH. MN or TWIY!

Grail TWIY FA rush is pretty fun. Pack a Cyberdex or two.

EDIT: here is list http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/21843/grail-rush

2 Likes

Obviously you don’t speak fluent Navajo.

5 Likes

you seem to have misspelled “datasucker”

1 Like

I think Datasucker is fine. Maybe should have been 2 influence to have prevented the ubiquity of Andysucker in the year after that deck landed.

Yog should have at the very least been like Morning Star–pay 1 cred to break all routines.

3 Likes

Nope. Yog should be like MStar, at the least. Breaking for zero is dumb.

4 Likes

I was going for it at Louisville but wussed out because I’m bad at Anarch :cry:

1 Like

Datasucker’s only problem is an influence issue. If it were 2 inf, entirely different game.

1 Like

Is that Nigel Thornberry?

http://dubcomusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Smashing.jpg

2 Likes

Bros, I said these things in the post directly above!

4 Likes

Worst card ever made, there should be no free breaker that doesn’t trash.

3 Likes

Y O G B O Y S

(Body is invalid; try to be a little more descriptive)

3 Likes

I don’t have any cool memes, but I can say that playing above my skill level and then discussing those plays and games helped me a ton in my early days and still does. Let others watch your games and be open to their feedback. Let them question your plays and explain yourself, you might teach them something, too. Same reason watching people stream and do commentaries can benefit you. Also, if you’re the one giving feedback, don’t be a d-bag. Explain why moves and cards are good or bad. My two cents, hope it helps.

I get told this daily.

3 Likes

Some posts are just better without lowercase letters #allcaps

1 Like

I’m thinking about this LessWrong post and how it applies here. I think that you probably want to learn from the most skilled people who can reach you with their teaching. (But you might not be able to discriminate between people at the very top end.)

Note: This isn’t the same as being willing to teach. You need someone who can, among other things, get the correct inferential distance when they try to teach things. (The classic anti-example is the university professor who has operated at a high level for so long they can’t teach first-year students.)

1 Like

Consistently playing against people better than you is the only efficient way to get better. I highly recommend it!

1 Like

Yog/Tinweasel is balanced. Skeleton Passkeys ? That’s the real shit.

3 Likes

A pumpable 0-cost breaker? What could go wrong? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Damnit…well, there goes my chances in Warren. :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be the best, you gotta beat the best. Whoooooooooo!

4 Likes