Playing against I've Had Worse

No, because you choose to put prevent 3 damage with plascrete tokens and then opt to take the 4th point as damage (which triggers IHW).

So you are then left with a plascrete with 1 counter, and 3 cards from IHW.

2 Likes

Oh, thatā€™s true, forgot about that part of plascrete. Assuming that you need to declare upfront the amount of damage to prevent before the discard takes placeā€¦

Soā€¦
1x card in hand, 1x IHW, 1x plascrete on board:
Prevent 3 and take 1, left with 3 cards and 1 token (safe)
2x card in hand, 1x IHW, 1x plascrete on board:
Prevent 3 and take 1, 50% of missing IHW, if misses, 1 card and 1 token left (flatline)
Prevent 2 and take 2, left with 3 cards and 2 tokens (safe)
3x card in hand, 1x IHW, 1x plascrete on board:
Prevent 3 and take 1, 66% of missing IHW, if misses, 2 cards and 1 token left (flatline)
Prevent 2 and take 2, 33% of missing IHW, if misses, 1 card and 2 token left (flatline)
Prevent 1 and take 3, 3 cards and 1 token left (safe)

So you are indeed guaranteed safe from 2x scorch with 1x IHW in hand and 1x Plascrete on board.

1 Like

Look, no oneā€™s going to play Plascrete in Anarch anymore. Youā€™re not even allowed to, Lukas just errata-ed the rules; itā€™ll be up on FFGs website soon.

4 Likes

Random tangential question, does anyone know at what point the declaration of preventing a point of meat damage with Plascrete comes in? By that I mean the ability of Plascrete to one-by-one prevent damage points seems at odds with the flatline rule regarding cards in hand.

Actually FF might be the more pertinent one, as if I have 3 cards in hand, one of which is IHW, along with a FF in play and my opponent uses a Ronin, can I opt to take the first point of damage to my hand, hoping it hits the IHW, and if it does, use FF to prevent the last two?

You wouldnā€™t be able to wait and see on Ronin or Scorched. But if they were doing something like two House of Knives counters you could use FF in between even though you donā€™t have a paid ability window.

Not doubting you, because Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s how it works, but has there been an official ruling on that being how it works?

Yes, there have been enough similar rulings.

Do you still think this way 1 month later? Iā€™ve replaced plascreetes with 3 of IHWs and have not regretted it. It threw a wrench into the double punitive play someone tried yesterday in SHL3 as well.

I just love the concept of it being a Plascrete replacement (in what, 80% of cases?), AND not a dead card otherwise. Lovely. These kinds of silver bullets we need!

It depends on the deck I think. In MaxX, where the draw ability is gravy but you can live without it, itā€™s fine. In Ed where you have in built protection against Scorch combos, fine. But in Valencia, where you really need the draw ability early game, I think you need plascrete as well.

I play it in Noise, next to Inject and Earthrise Hotel. I find that I have just about enough of Card Draw like this.

Yes. Iā€™m playing 3x IHW 1x Carapace, because some things you canā€™t survive without one (Punitive after stealing a Government Takeover, for instance), other things you have a way too low survivability chance for me to be willing to gamble a mostly won match on (double Punitive after a stolen three-pointer), and yet some things it makes more sense to go tag-me against.

One card slot is a good price to pay for 4 prestige in a tournament.

3 Likes

I think thatā€™s an interesting choice, Iā€™ve cut Inject form my Noise list.
Inject is great as the first and sometimes second carddraw-card you get, but later on you want those programs.

Currently I run 3x IHW, 3x Earthrise and 1x Quality Time (this was a Inject untilI I did some changes in my influence and ended up at 14 influence) in my Noise-list.

Way off topicā€¦

Inject is necessary for speed while NEH is around, I think. You need that Aesops, probably that Medium/Imp and that D4v1d or Mimic. As long as youā€™re running 3 Deja Vu and 2-3 Clone Chips, Inject is good for speeding up access to critical tools that you simply canā€™t afford to wait to draw into. Itā€™s the first card Iā€™d swap to something longterm and tasty (Cyberfeeder?) if the meta slows down.

1 Like