Police Academy, The NAPD MWL Professor

Do you think most Prof decks would be improved by inclusion Keyhole + Medium over alternatives like RDI and Makers? I’ve seen those two do insane work in DDOS False Echo Kate but then they had Hyperdriver for support.

Not the quantity,but the quality determines.Just like Andy in the past,people stick with her because they got used to her,not because she is the only Criminal can be played.

The Swiss Round result for Shaper:
Kate,highest place 4
Hayley,highest place 36
Kit,highest place 40
CT,highest place 96

So actually not bad though,in an 296 tournament 3 IDs all made into 88(30% of 296).The lack of man power is a real thing.

1 Like

Only way I see Keyhole + Medium being great is with tons of runs. Sure, you can use Hyperdriver in Professor, since it’s still in faction, but without the DDoS, I’m currently failing to see a way to get a ton of free runs at R&D.

Anarchs just got worse as well. Crim with Desperado as well.

If nearly everybody else got worse, the Prof has, in fact, gotten better. Relatively - which is all that matters.

That was indeed the point I was making.

1 Like

Professor become better because theory of relativity.Man I love this flavor.

6 Likes

Well to be fair Runners got worse but so did Corps. I don’t think anyone really knows which side this will favor overall.

What are the best Professor decks now?

Throwing everything except desperado on MWL in your deck,immediately it’s the best Professor deck.

3 Likes

99% sure corps benefit from this, but I guess it’s still early testing.

The Professor simply doesn’t have enough economic options to work. He was a bit on shaky ground back when he was released and several years later he’s still forced to use the same cards, which would be fine were it not for Caprice, richer Corps and improved asset spam.

With that in mind, his ability to always “get in” suffers quite a bit. He simply doesn’t have the economic muscle to threaten the remote or R&D lock and most games with him simply have him scramble a bit while PAD Campaigns and the like start giving the Corp a massive advantage.

He simply doesn’t work because he doesn’t have enough money to do so.

Well Imp and Scavenge help with the asset spam… I dunno I guess in my testing the economy rather resembles how Anarch decks make money, to say hes too poor would be to also say that Kate is too poor IMO. Of course she has her ability but without her PPVP shes not what she used be, and only slightly ahead the Prof but without a lot of tools and utility now reserved only for The Professor.