Post MWL NBN FA

Clearly the true question is wtf we’re going to call the thing.

I vote Poop.

11 Likes

I’m on Team Poop

4 Likes

Is it too late to join team poop?

2 Likes

+1 for plop

6 Likes

So long as we’re forming teams, I’m on team plop. Which I think we should call “team magnitude”.

Plop, plop!

10 Likes

“Plop” is illogical! You can’t just skip letters because you feel like it!

4 Likes

Cn too!

1 Like

PoLoP - which has nice symmetry too

2 Likes

Polyp

2 Likes

Pol. Op.

Mr. Plop to his friends.

4 Likes

I’d like to see the day when title change to Post Poop NEH FA

3 Likes

Polly

Bawwk

“Polly want a cracker!”

Paleontologist.

This officially needs an answer.

Well, moving back to NEH FA, I have a decklist that worked pretty well for me at a SC, but was decidedly my weaker half (4 wins in 7 games):

MWL Fastro-biotics

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center (Upstalk)

Agenda (11)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (5)

Operation (12)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (9)

Sentry (3)

11 influence spent (max 17-6☆=11)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I believe this is derived from a deck published by @CodeMarvelous link with @Calimsha

The problem is, I look at the deck and don’t see what I can really make better in it. It lost to a red-hot MaxX who siphoned me twice and fired off Apocalypse by turn 3, and I lost to the eventual champion twice who ran the ICE-killing Whizzard hotness.

The econ is usually ok, the worst case I sometimes pitch a naked Explode-a-palloza onto the board naked for the 5c.

I like the ICE, it stops Faust pretty well, taxes D4v1d enough to keep R&D and HQ from getting locked, includes gear-checks for a rush score.

The matches I lost were because:

1. I had agendas, but didn’t have enough cash to FA
  2. I had good FA options, but I couldn’t draw an agenda, and Fast Track betrayed me
  3. Aggressive pressure and trashing locked out FA tools, leaving agendas stuck with only weak servers to score out of

I know I’m not playing at peak efficacy, so I hope to improve with more practice. In the meantime, I am curious what advice this group has for the deck, or any pointers on the general playstyle, since I am playing in an increasingly competitive meta.

1 Like

Cut the CP for a BN. You should score out way before that’s going to help you. Also, your ice count seems a bit high. I would make some cuts (Roto, EB, 1-2 Arch, 1 LE, 1 Quan?) stick in DBS, Tollbooth, Special Offer, and see how it feels.

I like the ICE changes and the DBS quite a bit, so long as I’m not playing Whizzard, which is pretty big in my meta now. I particularly like Tollbooth to sap credits, which is great Faust hate for centrals, or protecting a SSCG.

I’m very happy with the CP over BN, I use it quite a lot against the anarch-heavy Meta, especially MaxX, which has been my worst match-up. CP has saved 2 games for me in my last SC.

1 DBS and 2 FT should be fine even if you’re playing in Hogwarts.

To each their own on the CP. I find that if I haven’t closed up a game by the time that matters, the CP won’t do enough to put me back in it. Also, I play with Sponsorship so BN is way better there.

1 Like

I’ve been seeing some good preliminary results with switching two of the PAD Campaigns for two Mumba Temples (in the spags/Cal 3 SO build), since if they’re going to trash it anyway you can usually eke out a small profit from rezzing other cards (in addition to the inherent tempo gains from being NEH) where PAD would have never been more than a small credit trade with a Whizzard. Food for thought.