Psychic Field: Fair?

Those are all good cards, I would maintain that Keyhole is the best :wink:

Medium or Deus Ex would be second.

And add Feedback Filter. Single influence!

If I were a Criminal player I’d go R&DI and Lumeria Codecracker. Siphon when you’re concerned about an advanced card being a Ronin (if you don’t have the LC out).

Oh, criminal. Woops, missed that bit. In that case, yes, keeping them off credits, followed by a judicious Suicide Interface and praying, are probably your best bets.

Convinced you’re still calling it Suicide Interface because you don’t want people playing it against you. :smile:

3 Likes

Next level (meta)mindgames! Now featuring subliminally influencing opponents via forum rhetorics and altering the vocabulary of podcasts they listen to!

(I love it :D)

2 Likes

I have started running one of Lemuria Codecracker and muligan for it aggressively against pe.

Why? Psychic Field also triggers on expose, doesn’t it?

Running HQ against the Chris Hinkes deck is also very dangerous.

1 Like

You only need to expose the things that are advanced in my opinion. They’re for defusing Ronin and avoiding Cerebral Overwriter/Junebug and grabbing agendas if you can find them. Mushin-no-shin really enables this deck. But if they’re using mushin-no-shin on Psychic Field that’s the sort of curve ball that means you have them scared. Codecracker and infiltration turns the tables somewhat. You aren’t playing random guessing games about installed cards (all the time). You can lose to a run on HQ, but you probably shouldn’t. In my opinion, you have to find as many advanceable traps as you can in centrals, if you can also score at least 1 House of Knives, that’s a big deal too.

This deck will be strong for a short while, then people will learn to play against it and it will scare people less. Expose is a strong counter, even in the presence of psychic field.

1 Like

Well you can sec test HQ and like master air says you can be careful about what you expose i.e advanced cards. Codecracker is the only reusable in faction (maybe in game?!) expose (unless you wanna run Silhouette)

Lemuria is hugely enabled by Security Testing, and I’d never run Lemuria without it - the necessity of access was exactly the problem with Lemuria before, and now it’s finally gone away :slight_smile:

1 Like

The problem I see is that you probably play it out of crim, thus facing difficulty getting into HQ because everybody wants to avoid getting Account Siphoned.

But we’re talking about the “trap-heavy Jinteki” matchup, which is a different bird. For one, their ICE tends to be very porous, and then they tend to be both ICE-light and somewhat econ-light, in order to fit all those cards you’re having problems with.

Thus - if they ICE HQ heavily, the RnD route is open for you and vice versa.

2 Likes

Ok, so RDI and/or LC

This makes Feint pretty good with Silhouette (or Codecraker). It gets you in there and removes the access requirement. I still prefer Security Testing or Account Siphon though.

Surey this is wrong? Play the Sure Gamble and draw a card - the position is then the same but you have 3 more clicks to play with.

Shaper and Anarch tech is better against Jinteki shell game, but winning from R&D is the right way. Shell games are intensive in terms of cards, clicks and credits. The way I’d think about it is that for every card, click or credit the Corp invests in doing something to try and trick you is resource not invested into winning the game. Keep them poor with Siphons and then hit R&D once they’re broke - they can’t trigger Snare if they have no money.

He’s talking about using “optional” cards like Sure Gamble as HP because sometimes you use up your whole stack against decks like those.
Siphon isnt that good against “good” players with that deck because they will rezz barely any ICE and keep stocking up on credits. If you want to get them <4 you would have to do multiple siphons which you cant do because they will get sniped by random damage.

1 Like