Replicating Perfection: Glaciers of Taxation

I was going to create this thread in the morning and now that @SneakySly has published his own tournament experience and success with RP I think it shows that this archetype is viable.

Below is my own deck that I’ve been working on.

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)
2x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (12)
1x Aggressive Secretary (Core Set) ••
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
3x Mental Health Clinic (Honor and Profit)
2x PAD Campaign (Core Set)
3x Sundew (Mala Tempora)

Upgrade (4)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) ••••
2x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)

Operation (5)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)

Barrier (7)
2x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) ••
1x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
2x Snowflake (What Lies Ahead)
1x Wall of Static (Core Set)
1x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)

Code Gate (4)
2x Inazuma (Honor and Profit)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••••

Sentry (8)
2x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
3x Pup (Honor and Profit)
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto (Honor and Profit)
2x Tsurugi (True Colors)

15 influence spent (max 15)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

1 Like

Looks nice. The Ag Sec is a nice option. I also like GRNDL Refnery as a “trap” that can open a scoring window if they run it, but if they leave it alone scores you major bucks. How do you do against Whizzard? That’s my acid test for RP asset decks.

My approach is rather different, with all the agendas protecting themelves. All the ICE has at least one taxing subroutine as well, as I don’t want the runner to be able to just touch my centrals, ETR and go after a remote. Successful Demonstration also punishes runners who jack out of their centrals runs, a bunch of traps punish them if they follow through.

For what it’s worth, if you can afford the influence, I have found Heimdell 2.0 to be a really strong splash in RP glacier decks. The runner will rarely be in a position to click through the brain damage and won’t be expecting a barrier bigger or more damaging than Wall of Thorns. Obviously it loses something if you run mental health clinic, but I tend to find the runner trashes them pretty quickly anyway.

1 Like

I haven’t actually tried Inazuma in my list, but in my head, it seems like a bad idea unless you’re playing destroyers. Sure, it’s nice to hit someone with Komainu, or even just have a 5 str 3 cost code gate that can effectively end the run or punish on centrals, but the lack of blowout-ability in this sort of list kind of drives me away from it. Basically, best case scenario, you’re getting a good deal on a piece of ICE once you’re already into the mid stage of the game where you’re locking things up, and/or you nug their hand. However, the bad cases are when you draw this in your opener and can’t justify a keep or, even worse, the ICE behind it gets parasited and you got 2-for-1d. Parasite is already pretty damn good against you, (but not anywhere near insurmountably good), so I don’t see a reason to play Inazuma and make it better.

The other notable changes I see from my list are (1) the snowflakes, which I actually think are pretty good, (I’ve been wanting to try them over Bako/Wraparound), but I’m sort of afraid of the variance and the chance that someone just lucks through and gets to my early sundew, (2) the cutting of celebrity gift, which I think might be dangerous if someone is good at trashing asset economy, (your usual plan in that case is to set up a sundew in your future scoring remote, but that needs money), and (3) AggSec, which I tried in pre-Caprice iterations but found to be hard to hit someone with, and basically unnecessary because of how good your cards are at actually locking up remote servers.

Do you have much trouble protecting Sundew? How do you usually do it? And how have those snowflakes been?

3 Likes

This seems similar to something that I have been having a lot of success with since H&P was released. I have a BGG thread on the deck; generally speaking I think that RP is extremely strong right now and may well take this to Regionals.

1 Like

Hey guys, glad we could get this conversation started. After reading your comments I definitely saw some holes in my deck and play style with it.

Some thoughts from the first few comments:

• Whizzard is typically the most difficult opponent. That and ice destruction Kate. I really think that we will (need to) see more Whizzard with the rise of non-HB asset engines RP and potentially with NEH.
  • I do think the lack of Celeb Gift is a hole in my deck. I’ve basically relied on spamming out the assets and having the runner either unable to keep up economically, just give up, or some combo of both. After playing with a Tennin deck I’ve come to love Celeb Gift after I had written it off.
  • I’ve recently thought of squeezing in a Tenma Line to: resurrect a server where the ICE after Inazuma has been Parasite’d, move that Tollbooth somewhere else
  • Interesting thoughts re: Inazuma @mediohxcore - I had included it almost by default because of its cost to break, but you’re spot on about the Parasite problem.
  • I’ve actually been using the Snowflakes to protect the Sundews which, from your comments I’m going to infer likely isn’t the best play. :wink: Or the Himitsu. Usually I hold the Sundews until I’ve spammed out a couple PAD/MHC.

Just a quick tournament report from the Minneapolis Regionals yesterday (64 players) related to this point. The meta has seriously shifted. Jinteki:RP was pretty much everywhere. There were top-16 players who ended up facing RP in 4 or more times in the 6 rounds of Swiss.

Quick question on Susanoo–how well does she pull her weight in this deck?

1 Like

I put it in as an experiment with the idea that it’s like an in-faction Tollbooth. Expensive to rez but really no one wants to deal with it after that without Femme. Best effect I’ve had with it is on scoring remote because it forces the runner to break to get the treat inside.

I’m not sure if I’ll keep it, but I’m not cutting it just yet either.

hey guys, i’m pretty new to netrunner (started approx 1-2 months ago, entered a SC and a regionals) and i’ve been playing pretty much exclusively RP since i settled on a deck. I was playing a variant of Untrashable, then a few weeks i switched to a glacier build with the cards from HP. this is the decklist I ended up taking to regionals, i ended up placing 20th/50, (which i felt pretty happy with since i’ve only played like two weeks worth of games that werent against my one friend who builds with my cards haha)

Melbourne Regionals (50 players)

Jinteki Tax v5

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)
1x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
2x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (10)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
3x Mental Health Clinic (Honor and Profit)
1x PAD Campaign (Core Set)
3x Sundew (Mala Tempora)

Upgrade (4)
2x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)
2x Ruhr Valley (Future Proof) ••••• •

Operation (7)
2x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)

Barrier (5)
2x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) ••
3x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)

Code Gate (5)
1x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Quandary (Double Time)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••••

Sentry (9)
3x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
3x Pup (Honor and Profit)
1x Shinobi (Double Time)
2x Tsurugi (True Colors)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)

i went with Ruhr Valleys instead of Ashs because I wanted to try being more click intensive to compliment the RP ability and the Elis (i was also running 2x ichis over tollbooths, but on the day i swapped them out)

my record was 1-4-1, i think i lost twice as corp? i recognise im pretty new, but i also got kinda screwed by the deck in a few matches. against a gabe i drew no ice, mulligan’d into no ice, drew twice and got no ice, then got siphon’d turn 1. then in another game i got hit for 7 points of agendas in one turn off of R&D.

its actually amazing that with 19 pieces of ice its not infrequent that i get 1 or 0 pieces of ice in two opening hands

definitely want to try retooling the deck (im still not happy with the ice, i might try putting the ichis back in with an inazuma) its the most fun i had out of any of the corp decks i tried, by far :smile:

You might want to look at your shuffling. Often this is the culprit and you don’t get a truly randomized result.