Runaround - The Adam Thread

I agree completely. I was on the hate train for sympathy for a long time, but the pure fact is that often that random card is worth more than the credit you save from not using sympathy (especially in faust builds).

I keep flipping back and forth on this card atm in my head, as it basically functions as a weird pseudo daily casts once you steal the first 2 pointer and get brain chip, but before that it’s very hit or miss in my datasucker builds. I do like it purely because it costs 0 influence though.

I see lots of builds that are very close to what I was running for a long time, but they cut drug dealer, man I can’t say thats ever right. My build really took off once I included that and Faust.

2 Likes

Drug dealer is good with Faust. If you are not including Faust then I wold say Drug Dealer is not worth it.

2 Likes

I took a version of your deck to a GNK and went 3-1 with it. But I never saw a Turing. That’s what convinced me to go in a different direction from Faust and Drug Dealer. I’m not sure my current build is the best but I am having a lot of fun with it. Career Fair and Modded are working pretty well for me. I also punted Independent thinking.

Undoubtedly, if you cut Faust, cut IT. I love the draw and Faust too much to cut them though.

1 Like

I like running a singleton IT, even without Faust. For me, it’s like an emergency Lovegood for those matches where you NEED to turn of ABR, but just can’t find the good Doctor.

1 Like

Just going to put a shout-out. I finally got to play my Adam deck last night at my local casual night (yes, I like having physical cards to play before I’ll play a deck, sue me). It wrecked face!

2 games, 1st vs an untuned Sol tracer deck which went right down to the wire (thanks to a couple misplays by me) and the second was a 3-turn demolition of a Custom Biotics deck.

The deck itself is nothing special; early iterations of the decks above (Overmind, Lovegood, DD, etc), but I’m well intrigued and very much looking forward to tuning it :slight_smile:

1 Like

It feels to me like the influence is stretched too thin right now for Adam, but he still feels the most “competitive” out of the three new runners.

I look forward to a mean Adam deck post Mumbad. If nothing else turning wheel will give it a small bump up.

2 Likes

Turning wheel, Councilman (possibly political operative but influence) and street magic all make me excited for post mumbad adam. Lots of cool tools to use there to help offset some of his obvious difficulties and the current meta.

Sooooooooooo…
Adam didn’t get nerfed. Is he still not good?
(I can already hear all the Adam lovers: “He’s always been good!”)

2 Likes

Unfortunately, a little less Parasite and Eli in the meta doesn’t do much for him. (Although the lack of NAPD is pretty great.) He still needs a little more econ to run his current influence suite, or something to make his inf go a little further.

He’s still stuck in the Nasir-lands: a good player with experience can win a lot with him, but a lot of players can’t.

1 Like

Really now, I think Nasir is better off without all the NAPDs going around. He’s still quite a bit better than Adam.

I didn’t mean it as a comment on Nasir’s viability, just the high skill floor/ceiling that they share. Nasir’s happy at the lack of NAPD, and I’d generally agree with you. Still haven’t found an inf spread I like for him. But that’s the other threat we frequent. :stuck_out_tongue:

Have there been any spoilers for additional directives because that what he needs, the opportunity to have a choice of directives based on match ups

I personally doubt the ‘neutral’ runners get any additional card support this cycle. I think FFG has more or less said as much, as well.

so they have said hey we printed these IDs that wont really see main stream play for at least a year?

Not in so many words =P I think they’re hoping that low influence cards and new neutral cards fill the hole of in faction cards for them. I think since they’re single-runner factions released in an expansion that maybe not everyone has (thinking casual play here), releasing cards in their cards pools makes buying data packs a less attractive thing for that casual market, since they might not want cards for dudes they don’t have. It kind of dilutes the card pool in the data pack. I can see why they’d be wary of it, from an economical standpoint.

My impression hes been that it’s on their mind. They know that there’s demand for more support for these neat IDs, but they’re also wary of dividing up the cardpool even more. WarmaHordes has explicitly stopped releasing new factions because they’ve said it stretches design hours and space in releases too thin, and I can see that reasoning applying here. More Directives is clearly something they left room for, especially since Adam’s Asimovian precursors developed another. I just wouldn’t expect more than one new card at a time, and not before the end of Mumbad. MAYBE the cycle after Mumbad, but that’s already been designed and I could see them wanting to see how things pan out before taking up precious design space on more cards.

Adam may or may not get new cards in the near future specifically designed for him or in his faction, but the great thing is that adam (and other minifactions to an extent) are pretty flexible with the tools that are available. For upcoming non-adam cards, turning wheel is one really good example, with the possibility of deva breakers being another (though we don’t know what those are yet or if the influence hit will be manageable for the benefits).

Honestly the biggest problem i’ve seen in the last couple months has been econ packages, which we are sorely limited to daily casts / laundry / codebusting without spending gobs of influence.

Still going to stay the course tho. Adam for life.

1 Like

Adam is love. Adam is ‘life.’

1 Like