Runaround - The Adam Thread

has it been confirmed anywhere that you can include 3 copies in your deck in addition to the 3 that are installed? or rather, any indication that you can’t?

even though the pre-installed ones are not part of your deck, does it say anywhere that you still have to follow the 3-per deck rule for them?

The announcement still says 3 copies of 55 cards so I dont think you can put 3, or at least it’s not intended

you guys are seeing the hand limit the wrong way, if we are using faust we are already gonna use the cards. and Drug Dealer actually gives you handsize so you can keep using Faust!

Adam with Drug Dealer is drawing 2-4 cards a turn and that seems good enough for faust.
1-2x Legwork with Adam seems amazing as a sure fire way to get agendas.
Makers Eye seems a good way to circunvent the ABR.
Bank Job seems to be a must for him as economy.
and the best with him is: Gang Sign! having 1-3 in play (since we are drawing a lot, seems easy) but a corp with more than 1 agenda wouldnt want to score anything for fear of the backslash. Gang Sign with him is always good since it doesnt need HQI to be on.

1 Like

Gang Sign is great pressure with Adam, but the problem with it is that 3 influence, and it goes fast for Adam.

Faust seems really solid though, especially with Independent Thinking. just draw up to 10 cards and run wherever you want.

Im really thinking Apocalypse might be a good card in Adam. We are already playing IT and we all agree Adam is supposed to play agressively. With our directives(ABR) its not hard to just restart the game after we get a lead. And we still have cards for IT again to find your cards again. though now you dont hv the directives at all.

This is the guy I’m most excited for in this box. He’s got some amazing strengths. Other people can try making the corps world end, that’s boring. Adam though, wow.

I know his directives have their downsides, but consider their strengths! I don’t think it’s unfair to see them as 3 full useful cards, even if you have to account for their downsides. A runner with in practice 8 cards at the start, 3 of them installed, one that says that the corp can’t advance behind a single piece of ice and one that says “at the end of your turn, draw a card”. Would it be possible that adam makes andromeda jealous?

And after that, he’s actually a blank canvas. You aren’t restricted to (admittedly, good) blue cards. But you get to have SMC’s (yay a program I can spend money on) and all kinds of other toys andy can only dream about.

Influence? Downsides? I don’t want to know about them yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Had a thought earlier. It’s probably janky but what about Notoriety? Goes with ABR early-game coz you’re running a central so maybe you can hit all 3, plus it’s a bonus hand size and MU once Brain Chip is in play.

That said, I think higher-level jank would be riffing off this with Hyperdriver/All-Nighter…

The problem with Notoriety/Apocalypse is that ABR doesn’t guarantee the ability to get past binary ice on all the centrals early game, and if you need to use it, you can’t get to all the centrals anymore anyway (aside from hyperdriver/allnighter/stimdealer setups which are slower anyway). Definitely on the mega-jank end of the scale.

Double nonbo on Apocalypse in that if you built even a partial rig when you fire it then you then lose that rig and have to go find more pieces/recursion if they saved a couple ice in hand (which seems like a possible meta shift that can happen).

I’m currently trying to figure out if there’s a playstyle that can leverage the early aggression, then use Independent Thinking to ‘break’ the aggression and possibly just transition into big rig or something where you can sit back and wait for the corp to mess up or collect agendas for you.

1 Like

Yeah… even if you increase your clicks, ABR is once/turn. That’s why it frustrates me, at least. Inability to combo with all them click boosters.

[quote=“dr00, post:64, topic:4660”]
Faust seems really solid though, especially with Independent Thinking. just draw up to 10 cards and run wherever you want.
[/quote]Faust could be pretty good, but for my part I want to take advantage of Multithreader. As I mentioned in the Sunny thread, it’s a Daily Casts in program form so long as you spend the money each turn by using programs, with the added bonus of giving you some of that money from the very turn you play it.

Faust works well, but I really don’t want to rely solely (or even primarily, necessarily) on it when he’s got such a powerful econ card that’s equally limited. Less so, maybe, since it doesn’t require you to have installed a bunch of things you’re okay with trashing.

Outside of breakers, not a lot of programs use cash. Bug, Surfer, LLDS Energy Regulator, Net Shield, Savoir-Faire, and SMC. That’s… kinda it. Two are beyond terrible (LLDS, Net Shield), and two aren’t going to be used every turn (S-F, SMC). So if you’re mostly using Faust, with just Mimic as a Swordsman killer, Bug and Surfer end up the only choices to make Multithreader as good as it ought to be. I dunno.

The synergy with Faust is still huge, though. Maybe run a corroder as well as the mimic, save on cards some when you haven’t just IT’d?

Current list I’m thinking of bringing to game night this week for testing. Feel free to shred me for it if necessary:

Events (13):

• 2x Independent thinking
  • 3x Dirty Laundry
  • 3x Sure Gamble
  • 1x Legwork
  • 2x The Makers’ Eye
  • 2x Uninstall

Hardware (4):

• 2x Brain Chip
  • 1x Plascrete Carapace
  • 1x Brain Cage

Resource (16):

• 2x Dr. Lovegood
  • 3x Daily Casts
  • 2x Kati Jones
  • 3x Technical Writer
  • 2x Bank Job ( 4 inf )
  • 2x Street Peddler ( 2 inf )
  • 2x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker ( 8 ):

• 2x Corroder ( 4 inf )
  • 2x Mimic ( 2 inf )
  • 2x Overmind
  • 2x Zu.13 Keymaster ( 4 inf )

Program ( 4 ):

• 1x Imp ( 3 inf )
  • 3x Multithreader

45 cards used
25/25 influence.

Without dedicated breakers it does become a bit harder to slot a bunch of things, especially more run events. Not sure if 2x Lovegood is the correct choice but it might help transition into the mid/late game where I plan to smash a lot of cards except for NAT and gain more flexibility / safety.

Standard breakers + overmind I feel will give him a decent ability to run w/o relying on ABR until the lategame.

bank job is the only run replacement effect so far and I’m a bit worried about that since I feel like against HB ETF or PE you are gonna be in trouble making runs every turn against naked remotes that you will need to trash and/or could be damaging traps.

1 Like

I feel like you have to either commit fully to the overminds or not include them at all. They need e3 for support which you’re going to have a hard time including if you spend influence on other breakers and they get worse with all the other programs you install.

I’m also not in favor of Independent Thinking for Adam (or any other runner) it’s a bad draw card at best and if you wanted to play without your directives, why are you playing Adam in the first place? The directives are your best cards and you should never want to trash them. If they are inconvenient, that’s what Dr.Lovegood is there for. Adam without his directives is a bad version of good-stuff anarch (good stuff criminal and shaper are too influence heavy) and trashing them is going to be a mistake.

4 Likes

The directives I would be trashing would be most likely ABR and Safety first, the HQI one is indeed too good to trash at any point really.

ABR is fine but not good in the late game when you could use the full clicks every turn to build for precision runs or big digs w/ SOT on the legwork or makers eye. Similarly with safety first when you don’t need to draw every turn like you will want to in the early/midgame, so trading it in for a bigger hand size (esp. with brain chip) and the large options drawing 6+ cards with one click gives you I feel is good enough to try.

Overmind is probably a good point though, I could cut the Zus and put in E3s and probably have a similar effect.

I like this build as a bare-bones starting point. What I’ve been thinking is that ABR should be your first “Independent Thinking” target, with Daily Casts + Bank Job. There’s some nice synergy here, though. Thinking of how best to take advantage of IT and still have room for breakers! :wink:

There might be some argument for Ghost Runner + Refractor. GR doubles as power-up for Refractor but you also can trash it to IT. You could also take out one of each breaker and play 3x Clone Chip–not sure whether it’s best to go Parasite route or Crescentus… Helps out Peddler… OR

We have completely forgotten about Q-Coherence Chip! That combos nicely with Overmind and then it’s good IT food. The more 0-1 cost things he has, the faster you can set-up and get Safety First drawing you cards. (obviously not good if you use Clone Chip/parasite, but Peddler won’t trigger it, so that’s good!)

I’d probably be more interested in 3x Datasucker (or 2x datasucker and +1 Peddler) for the Imp to help the breakers out.

Adam Try 1

(11) EVENTS
2x Independent Thinking
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Legwork (2)
2x Maker’s Eye (4)
3x Sure Gamble

(4) HARDWARE
2x Box-E (2)
1x Plascrete
1x Brain Cage

(16) RESOURCE
3x Daily Casts
2x Bank Job (4)
3x Street Peddler (3)
3x Ghost Runner
2x Symmetrical Visage
2x Film Critic (2)
3x Armitage Codebusting

(8) PROGRAM - Icebreaker
2x Inti (2)
2x Mimic (2)
3x Overmind
1x Refractor (2)

(4) PROGRAM - other
2x Multithreader
2x Datasucker (2)

45/45 decksize
25/25 influence

Yeah I like the look of most of this, my only problem is that too many utility programs such as sucker + multithreader makes the deck very draw order dependent with overmind, especially since you need some sort of AI to continue running in the midgame, and I don’t think crypsis will cut it.

Also with the way NAT works, would you not have to spend all the ghost runner credits if it meant the difference between trashing an Eve Campaign or not?

Based on how Tollbooth drains your ghost runner credits, I’d say yes. I’m pretty sure you can’t even use an Imp counter to avoid having to pay the cost as it specifically mandates that you pay credits.

2 Likes

Yes, you would have to do this. Maybe GR isn’t the best fit? Though you were going to trash that Eve Campaign anyway, weren’t you? :smile:

100% sure you have to use money if you can. If you don’t have enough money, you can Imp it.[quote=“Tundinator, post:74, topic:4660”]

my only problem is that too many utility programs such as sucker + multithreader makes the deck very draw order dependent with overmind
[/quote]

I mean, Multithreader is basically the third and fourth Datasucker in most cases, but I know what you mean. They could get the cut for Earthrise Hotel.

1 Like

Imp is included because even with these downsides (and upside in CJFMs case) its still a great card for aggressive running and by hammering HQ you can save yourself from the midseasons/ scorch play.

Not sure about earthrise, econ seems a bit shakey if you dont start paying for runs with multithreader quickly.

back to the drawing board I think.

Why is the econ shakey? 2x Bank Job, 3x Daily Casts, 3x Gamble, 3x Dirty Laundry, 3x Armitage as a base.

That’s what Film Critic is for.

Did not notice the armitages, my bad.

Film critic is also possibly a better solution, I just like imp for the reinstall / IT plays which also synergize with Overmind as well.

Why are you people so certain about no Imp?

Two triggered abilities, runner chooses to resolve the Imp one first, NAT fizzles because they’re not accessing the card anymore. Seems arguable, at least.

3 Likes