Runaround - The Adam Thread

if you have more hand size than you need just pitch it to the independent thinking/aesops you’re playing :smile:

I’m thinking Beach Party is going to be better than Public Sympathy:

• Early on Adam is likely to be poor from being forced to trash things
  • The ideal IT will see you draw 6/8/10 cards, and Beach Party will get you up to 8 with just a single install click.
  • Dr Lovegood can blank it when you need and you can burn it at Aesops and IT for profit.

Drug Dealer? Beach Party? Better rename Adam to Hedonism Bot :smiley:

4 Likes

Has anyone considered code siphon, bank job, or other access replacement effects beyond security testing? Having multiple replacement effects allows you to skirt the downsides for both ABR and NAT directives, as well bank job can be left at 1c for aesops / independent thinking fodder.

As well, I’m not sure keyhole / dreamers will work for ABR, since the wording states ‘make a run’ or ‘play run event’ while those programs are specifically just card abilities (though they do make you run as part of the effect). Sorry if someone else has mentioned this I skimmed the thread up until now.

1 Like

Nooot without a Chronotype or something. It’s… possible to just play it and keep the handsize for next turn, I guess, but ABR already compresses his clicks so I’d worry about it in the long run. If the plan is to just use it for the turn, then blank it and wipe it… I guess it’s okay, but it seems kinda complicated, combo-wise. Not ideal for the early game, at least, which is when it seems like his handsize will be most constricted.

I guess you could open with

Turn 1
Dirty Laundry/Maker’s/Legwork
Play Sec Testing
Play Visage
Use Visage

Turn 2
Sec Test
Visage
Play Something etc.

Maybe he’s the kind of bioroid that goes in for all that chroming. Maybe he’s a regular at the Parlor.

I realized how reliant I am on deckbuilding programs to help me. I just can’t be arsed to count influence and cards with just a simple Calculator open. I blame the megacorps.

I think each Adam I make will include
2-3x Scrubber * *
2x Film Critic * *
3x Drug Dealer * * *
2x Dr. Lovegood

It’s pretty easy to push over the limit to Calling in Favors with Kati and a couple more dudes, I like Muertos Gang Member over Compromised Employee due to Adam’s innate aggression and the Corp wanting to stop HQI as soon as possible, plus he’s already playing Scrubber to clear the assets off the board. Will he have enough clicks to use Kati Jones? Even without going the Calling in Favors route, the core 4 connections up top will imo make for some good value.

I also like playing 1x copy of Always Be Running and maybe 1x Safety First, to counteract any bad matchups and be able to fire the probable 2x Independent Thinking for a bit of value. Also, you can Lovegood a Muertos to scrap as well as any unneeded Drug Dealers. Empty Overminds too, which I think will be in his deck since it synergizes a bit with his console.

The question is where to go from there; recursion? big events? more influence on breakers? surely double clicking Wraparounds will become very tedious.

I like the look of both overmind and lady for breakers, synergy with independent thinking and/or aesops if that route can be explored. Also might be able to run uninstall instead of scavenge for influence purposes. Imp / D4vid possibly as well for the same reason.

instead of scrubbers there’s the possibility of paricia, as well as technical writer to capitalize on all these programs.

1 Like

If you’re running 3x Multithreader, and have a lot of MU, is there any reason not to include 1 influence Bug? Any turn you don’t spend it running, you get to see what the corp draws. As soon as you see a tasty agenda, you can Legwork for 4 cards. Sounds great to me!

5 Likes

[quote=“Zeromus, post:47, topic:4660, full:true”]
If you’re running 3x Multithreader, and have a lot of MU, is there any reason not to include 1 influence Bug? Any turn you don’t spend it running, you get to see what the corp draws. As soon as you see a tasty agenda, you can Legwork for 4 cards. Sounds great to me!
[/quote]and given his first-turn HQ Interface, might as well hit HQ

did we finally find a use for Bug? i really never thought i’d see the day.

2 Likes

Perhaps Adam will finally give rise to the elusive “HQ Lock”. This of course begs the question: Does Adam have enough MU/Influence for a Sneakdoor?

too bad you can’t run Fisk Investment Seminar without accounting for Always Be Running :’(

Wait, don’t three of his card slots need to be the Directives? I thought he was effectively a 42 card deck because of this.

EDIT: Apologies - I hadn’t actually read his card and I was going on assumptions of others. Carry on!

His directives are not part of his deck.

They don’t count against his deck limit and start installed.

2x The source + Lovegood & 3x Public Sympathy are my votes. Maybe brain cage instead? I think public sympathy has a lot of value when you’ve got a built in pseudo wyldside to go with it. Maybe lone shark + lovegood to turn it on completely? You can IT the lone shark when you’re done with the card draw. Needing to import breakers seems the biggest obstacle.

2 Likes

The Source + Lovegood is almost a foolproof plan except if the Corp scores. Might as well just run a couple Film Critics and Lovegood something else like Drug Dealer or Directives. Critic + Source is a cool combo in its own right.

1 Like

Guess it depends on influence whether you want to fight FA or RP. I do find it interesting that there are now 2 connections (hostage!) that solve corp archetype problems. Film critic is a connection? Right?

2 Likes

overmind will always be too expensive at base 0, IMO

3 Likes

can you in theory use four copies of each directive since the first copy of each you start with is not counted as part of your deck?

1 Like

I’m curious about this too; can anyone who was at GenCon confirm whether there are 3 or 4 copies of the Directives in the box?

1 Like

3 copies of each directive.