Salsette/CtM Discussion Thread

Personally I just want to say that I’m happy that this time it didn’t explode the Official Rule Questions Thread.

1 Like

“But its not in the FAQ so it doesn’t matter” is the argument you’ll get here.

1 Like

There’s a kind of libertarianism in Netrunner forums and it starts with the supposed “purity” of rules clarifications.

One of the TO don’t drink beer :wink:

1 Like

Yep, it’s not in the FAQ, so, it’s not official :wink:

1 Like

I don’t see where in the rule there is an event dispatcher, and that the event dispatcher only exists for the purpose of cards effects. Also, where in the rule crisium prevent the event to be sent.

EVENT
SENT

Who sent the event?

BRENT
SENT

Brent sent the event!

It doesn’t need to be in the FAQ. There is no clarification needed beyond reading the rulebook. That said, ANCUR and Damon have both provided clarifications in whatever forms are available to them right now. Relying on it being “official” in the FAQ is moronic.

This is purely about a couple of Nationals TOs and their egotistical power trips at this point. The Slums/CtM interaction has been stated multiple times and the gleeful way some are choosing to ignore the intent of the game’s designer and the designated group for collating these changes is just, well, it speaks to the arrogance of these TOs more than anything.

This is beyond ridiculous. I personally believe the French Nationals should be cancelled at this point. There, I said it.

1 Like

I think the German TO has a leg to stand on, as he has stated that FFGOP told him he could not consider ANCUR. That is just at odds with basically every other employee. Jakodrako has stated that he is contacting them. the French TO, I’m less sure of. But the people on this thread? I just can’t even imagine what their logic is. They seem to believe that if there is any mild ambiguity that an official clarification in the FAQ is always required, which is just the path to madness. There was a guy on the Netrunner Reddit for a while who insisted that Same Old Thing worked with Always Be Running. He brought it up constantly, and according to everyone on here, unless that’s ever published in the official FAQ and he is TOing a tournament, he should get to do whatever he wants. It’s an advocacy I don’t really get and it’s at odds with the community norms that have been established for the entire time I’ve been playing netrunner, which is to seek a clarification from the lead designer.

7 Likes

Precisely. I’ve been reading the Must-Be-FAQ posts thinking, “Okay, so what’s your plan?” The designer of the game (hopefully) tested the cards given the rulings that he is operating under, so I really think that his word - unless directly and obviously contradicted by the FFG published ruleset (which would be weird) - goes.

The whole thing strikes me as a lot of “you can’t tell me what to do” / rules fighting for no reason. jakodrako has every right to be annoyed and express that annoyance, and he certainly isn’t hurting the community to call out non-standard rule variants at national tournaments.

And ffs, does CtM need that extra boost??

8 Likes

I hope this is meant to be ironic. I really do.

2 Likes

For the record, French Nat will use the CTM/Slum Damon ruling now.

6 Likes

What changed?

2 Likes

Damon clearly stated that Slum / CtM works that way.

2 Likes

I don’t understand. That was the situation we were already in. I was asking what is different now that the TO has decided to use the Damon explanation instead of the German TO ruling?

1 Like

From what I understand of the situation (regarding French National), I could be wrong though :
They still don’t think it is a logical consequence of the general rules of the game but they agree that it’s best to follow the explicit ruling of the lead designer.

I guess in the same way we followed Lukas ruling about NAPD (at first we had to reveal that we accessed it in R&D, then later the ruling was reverted).

2 Likes

Nope.

1 Like

glad you’re noone important, like trump or whatever.

1 Like

Alright so this is trailing off of the topic of the CtM discussion and onto nationals again. I apologize for my part in the derailment, but there is a thread dedicated to nationals if people want to keep beating this horse.

At this point, I think the last thing left for this thread is the update for when this enters the FAQ (honestly, after this whole mess, I feel like it has to be put in there, even if already sensibly derivable), and it should be closed.

EDIT: officially ruled.

1 Like

Closed.