SanSan.City Inaugural Post (First Tournament Writeup)

http://www.sansan.city/2017/09/inaugural-post-making-entrance.html

Hi all! With so much ANR discourse confined to out-of-the-way places like Slack, I thought to start a blog aimed at Netrunner newbies, with hopefully enough entertainment value to appeal to you oldies as well.

First post is up, with more to follow soon (together with a new design). Check it out and let me know what you think!

Cheers,
M.A.E.

13 Likes

Finishing with a 50-50 record in your first tournament is a really good result!

Some takeaways from your article that I really enjoyed:

1. Firstly, I’m really happy you had a good time.
  2. I thought your comparisons between in person Netrunner and playing on Jinteki.net were really on-point. I love J.net, but there are definitely appeals to playing in person for those that can manage that.
  3. I love that you left the tournament excited about trying new archetypes! That rules.
  4. While I do think a 3-3 finish is perfectly respectable, it sounds like you left the tournament with some great ideas on how to do even better (particularly familiarizing yourself with more matchups). Sounds like you are balancing a desire to improve and not being discouraged in the meantime really well.

But the most important thing I wanted to say is thank you so much for the article! It’s wonderful hearing more voices talk about the game, and particularly your perspective as a new player is really interesting.

Thanks!

8 Likes

Nice write up! It’s great to hear your enthusiasm for this unique and fantastic game.

Keep runnin’ and writin’!

2 Likes