SanSan Cycle Spoilers

Yeah.

I’m not sure how Power Shutdown fits into the current meta, but if it does the second usage could be useful.

You could use one counter, and double Plascrete to protect against triple Scorch. Not sure how useful that is though.

Or you could just hope it hits your Steelskin, if you’re an Anarch.

4 Likes

if Criminal gets any good meat damage inflicting Cybernetics, do you think Muresh Bodysuit will start popping up?

Self destruct chips might have my new favouite flavour text!

Love the cyberpunk in this pack.

1 Like

I think Curtain Wall still wins for me, but I love Self Destruct Chips too :smiley:

1 Like

All of the art is this newest pack really reminds me of classic Netrunner cards. Really dark and somewhat gritty. I mean the HB ID looks like a damn supervillain lair.

1 Like

Could Net Ready Eyes reinvigorate Yog Kit? Here is a list of all the ICE Yog.0 can break for free with NRE, assuming they are the first ICE encountered that turn:

Burke Bugs
Chimera
Dracō
Howler
IQ
NEXT Bronze
Pop-up Window
Pup
Quandary
Rototurret
Salvage
Wraparound
Yagura

Errand Boy
Galahad
Ice Wall
Komainu
NEXT Silver
Paper Wall
Shadow
Whirlpool
Zed 1.0

Data Hound
Data Mine
Datapike
Enigma
Fenris
Guard
Gyri Labyrinth
Himitsu-Bako
Ireress
Lancelot
Swordsman
Tsurugi
Universal Connectivity Fee
Woodcutter

Architect
Caduceus
Excalibur
Hive
Kitsune
Lycan
Marker
Markus 1.0
Matrix Analyzer
Muckraker
Neural Katana
Searchlight
Snowflake
Troll
Viktor 1.0
Wall of Static

Ashigaru
Bastion
Builder
Bullfrog
Changeling
Chum
Data Raven
Eli 1.0
Hourglass
Hunter
Ichi 1.0
Information Overload
Lotus Field
Mamba
Merlin
Minelayer
Mother Goddess
Rainbow
RSVP
Sagittarius
Tyrant
Uroboros
Viper
Wendigo

1 Like

I think it doens’t solve the main issue which is the 10 influence points. =/

3 Likes

Fair point; what a boggling nerf to what would otherwise be a strong ID IMO.

1 Like

Kit’s strong (see Hinkes’ success for proof), though yeah I think they could have given her 12 and it would be fine. At the time of release she was very strong, though, and they have to be very careful with an ID like that.

According to snow-jax there’s going to be the best Decoder in the game by far released in the SanSan cycle which will probably bolster Kit a great deal.

5 Likes

Yog.1 (Cost 7, Str 4, 0c break code gate subroutine). Maybe? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hard to think of a balanced decoder that’s better than Yog.0,

It was Shaper. Apparently it costed something crazy like 4/5 influence, too, so I’ve big expectations.

5 Likes

Well the problem is not these one for sure :

Str 5
Hudson 1.0
Sensei
Shiro
Viktor 2.0

But these one :
Str 5
Inazuma
Tollbooth

Str 7
Wormhole
Cell Portal
Checkpoint

Str 8
Orion

You can find Tollbooth everywhere, Inazuma in a lot of Jinteki decks and those new Weyland codegates will be tested a lot by the time O&C comes around. All of these could tell “ok, now that’s ETR”, meaning a 1 ice scoring remote is fine to protect vs anything you can throw at them (but of course zuz & cell portal - wouldn’t tell that cell portal is the ice of the century though :slight_smile: ).

For those you can still use data suckers… The real list of cards, imo, that mattered is this one:

Lotus Field

6 Likes

You just gonna love Blue Sun’s Onions :slight_smile: (pun’s intended)

Blue Sunions

5 Likes

Blue Sun On Ions :stuck_out_tongue:

so we can start using straight up strength increases now that patch will be out?

I’m confused… Yog.0 has never died, nor will it. Here is a post that truly encompasses my feelings.

5 Likes

I’ve been an advocate of Patch ever since it was previewed, and looking at the current meta makes me even more excited to play with it. Patching an Archer or Tollbooth screws with Switchblade or Refractor numbers, and while yes it is telegraphed, it’s still a stealth tax that doesn’t require any additional tax in the form of install and Rex costs, and doesn’t have any setup time unlike ITD.

I expect that Patch has a subtly different use in the Anarch matchup. Rather than being a credit tax, Patch can be used to strip excess D4v1d counters as they go through the remote. It’s easy to imagine an Archer into Patched Lotus Field (or the other way round) being unbreakable by most Anarchs not running Eater.

2 Likes