SanSan Cycle Spoilers

I always thought Underway would be useful. Say you’re playing against a criminal…IAA, there goes your corroder! Hope you have a backup! Those kind of situations seem like it would make it really useful.

Underway agenda is going to be most detrimental to criminal, especially stealth because it has very little redundancy or recursion, if any, because the influence is so tight. If the criminal player can’t special order their key programs or can’t run and steal the agenda that turn, the next turn of AAA from Weyland will very likely trash their key cards and end the game.

Maybe more reason for Crim players to switch to Geist wth 3 Clone Chips. The day will eventually come when Crims need to splash for recursion, their biggest weakness.

The more I look at it, the more Criminals seem to be weakening. They also need to splash for R&D pressure, and they need to splash for breakers more heavily than Shapers and Anarch’s. Maybe this next cycle will see one of those get shored up. The B&E suite is probably too card intensive I think.

Let the wild speculation begin on the new HB agenda coming in Breaker Bay

[quote] spoiler-ken !!7e3Hpof1crJ 04/08/15(Wed)05:54:30 No.39214469
No, only 3/1’s for HB
[/quote]

[quote]spoiler-ken !!7e3Hpof1crJ 04/08/15(Wed)08:57:06 No.39216182
It is borderline overpowered.[/quote]

[quote]spoiler-ken !!7e3Hpof1crJ 04/08/15(Wed)09:28:52 No.39216523
Rewards the Corp.[/quote]

[quote]spoiler-ken !!7e3Hpof1crJ 04/08/15(Wed)09:33:58 No.39216597
#32, so it’s in Breaker Bay.[/quote]

Would Underway Restoration be good with a uncorrodible Argus build? Put it behind a good ice like hive or data raven and start chipping away at their deck, and if the runner does go after it it’ll cost them a chunk of resources for a single agenda point. Bonus points if you mill their 1-of plascrete.

I love the flavour of rebuilding the underway removing places runners can get resources :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with that, though as someone whose favorite faction is Criminal, I’d like to see them get a boost in HQ aggression. Hemorrhage should have been a blue card.

BWBI loves Hollywood. Though that might not be the most relevant thing in the world.

1 Like

How’s that?

I wish BWBI was actually playable.

When you advance it, you get advancement tokens for everything else, and in BWBI you’re already running all the advancable things. IAA Hollywood putting 2 tokens on Ice protecting Hollywood seems pretty fun to me.

1 Like

Actually, that’s not quite on the mark. You could just as easily mill them right to their corroder.

2 Likes

Hemorrhage does seem like a Criminal Virus, except it’s a little better fare than their usual infections. Anarchs need HQ pressure too, as they’re second on the “HQ pressure color wheel.”

Theorizing about color wheels, I do wonder if there’s a “permanent breaker” hierarchy that goes Anarch > Shaper > Criminal. That theory layers well with each faction’s preferred breaker type as barriers should have the easiest solutions, code gates medium difficulty solutions, and sentries difficult or temporary solutions.

Can’t follow the links (on my phone). Are these on the “four is flatline” bgg spoiler thread?

I didn’t post links, I just quoted straight from Netrunner thread on /tg/ which is found here

Maybe this is just my local meta being weird, but… I don’t see Underway as being super reliable against Criminal. The Leela deck I see most runs at least two of every breaker type, you might hurt them but it’s not like it’s super likely.

Hopping to mill all their corroders is a bit like hoping to mill all three SOTs and Levy against PPVP Kate. Is it possible? Sure. But if you don’t, what’s it matter?

I can’t think of an Anarch list that isn’t running at least a couple Deja Vus and maybe a Clone Chip or two. They and Shaper both have recursion for days, and we’re no longer in a meta where you need to predominantly tech against an Andy deck with one fracter and no recursion. It’s just not a big thing at the moment.

Magical Christmasland, yeah, Underway Renovation could let you pitch a huge amount of the deck, or just toss a few good things and then let you take them away with Chronos Project. I just don’t see this happening enough to be worthwhile, because you’re about as likely to miss and hit some duplicate stuff that might’ve been nice but they don’t need. If you mill my second Desperado and third Security Testing, I’m probably happy enough even if you nail my Mimic and a Special Order, I can probably still find my Femme or Faeries or use Inside Job to disrupt things enough to win. And that’s not including the complete reversal, where you ditch all my useless cards and give me the Corroder on top of the deck, say.

Milling, generally, only matters if you completely shut out a key piece. Until I hit tutoring without targets left and/or the bottom of the deck, having cards milled is the same as having them shuffled to the bottom.

And against Criminal one piece of Ice won’t keep them out. Inside Job’s a thing – and if I’m Leela then you’ve spent a turn to mill me for four and tell me where I can find a guaranteed bounce. You risk me Inside Jobbing the remote for the Underway, bouncing HQ Ice, Siphoning you, and then clearing tags. Or bouncing R&D Ice if you’re low on credits and going digging.

And again, Shaper can just SMC/Clone Chip/Test Run/SOT whatever key pieces you might hit, and probably get into the remote anyway. Anarch might have a bit of a harder time getting in, but they already have solid recursion anyway. Hell, if they have a Clone Chip and you mill their parasite, it doesn’t hurt them all that much.

[quote=“Danwarr, post:942, topic:2197, full:true”]
I didn’t post links, I just quoted straight from Netrunner thread on /tg/ which is found here
[/quote]Went to see if there was more info, and found this from spoiler-ken:

It is “highly likely” that Genetics, Cybernetics, Sensies, etc. will return. I actually really like the self-contained pack design.

So that’s something. Was part of a larger discussion referencing the Caissa and how likely we were to see these subtypes again in future packs/cycles. (I figure we might even see something in the World of Tomorrow, because that seems thematically appropriate, but we don’t have spoilers out that far, so who knows?)

Also, apparently #23 is “seemingly uninteresting, but part of a previous cycle” – though without confirmation of faction (and apparently some packs might give a faction only one card). #38 is Weyland, apparently something to do with student loans, maybe?

And also, when someone said “we already know the major shit coming [in SanSan 6/The World of Tomorrow]” spoiler-ken replied “holy shit no you don’t”. So that’s exciting.

EDIT: Looked back just now and there was more info. The Criminal priority that makes both sides draw three cards is in TWoT, #105. #117 is apparently Weyland and involves power counters. Also, possibly no operations in the whole pack, from a loaded phrase dropped by spoiler-ken. There’s also apparently something that’s 5 influence for Jinteki that’s worth calling an autoinclude.

Oh, #58 is Oaktown Renovation, #77 is Underway Renovation, and #98 is Hollywood Renovation, for those that care about numbering of spoilers we’ve already been told about.

EDIT 2: Oh, nevermind, looks like the Renovations are up on Four is Flatline now. Quick turnaround over there.

2 Likes

Yeah I try to be as quick as possible when we get info lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

The renovations say “when you advance them,” so their abilities don’t trigger if they’re Munshinned, right? Because that would be pretty sick.

Correct. Otherwise you could install two Hollywood renovations and score them both by advancing either of them once, which would be stupid.

1 Like

It needs more than 5 advancements to get 2 on it you’d only have 4 on it after a Munshin install. You could install a 3/2 or 3/1, then Munshin a Hollywood Reno to fast advance the the other agenda. That doesn’t seem so overpowered.

Except that if you give it a 4th advancement, it’s in an unprotected remote and you’ve given the runner a 5/3 for free.