SanSan Cycle Spoilers

That’s Geist.

Shouldn’t Geist’s console be called “Zeit”?

7 Likes

One of the best cards for Cybernetics Division is Brain-taping, because it lends itself to rushing so well. Ryon Knight is your in faction tool to punish those last click runs, and it pushes you towards your alternate win con. I dunno, but I think I’ll be running Bioroids and a couple big ones for HB:CD. Cram in some successful demos, and some Adonis, and you are good to go.

Edit: there’s a guy playing Stronger Together here, and one of his most successful decks ran 2x snare and 2x scorch because of how hard people play around brain taping.

Both level clearances would work better than Adonis and Demos in a rush deck.

I played HB Rush to a 5th/6th place finish at the SSCI so I have some thoughts and experiences with this archetype. I found that BLC and Adonis were the best supplementary econ cards. Green Level is obviously solid but it doesn’t have the impact of the other two cards. Demo isn’t great because you only try to ETR when it really matters; you’ll often give them RnD accesses or just have a Pop Up Window there for example. You’re not trying to slowly build any kind of fortress.

Brain Taping might be fine but Rush only really wants Eli and Ichi in my experience. Beyond that you’ll probably have more success with Enigma or Turing than any of the Viktors.

3 Likes

Rush and cybernetics div might not be best then. In crafting and proxying, the 4 hand size works against the clearances so hard.

2 Likes

Did someone say shock! Space camp? Probably not…

@x3r0h0ur BLC is a great card, but I see something like @kiv 's big bioroid list being great. Maybe some splashed FA / kill instead of gift.

timmywong’s stronger together deck is just missing a component or two if you aren’t him piloting it
chrome city might fix that

1 Like

Another piece of tech that’s excellent in enabling brain-taping is Sundew.

Sundew doesn’t seem that great. The runner can let it trigger once, then run it on the last click of that turn (turning off Brain Taping and knowing that they are safe from Snare). Then it’s like 0 to rez 2 to trash which is a lower net gain than PAD Campaign. On the upside if they’re using their last click to trash Sundew they’re not using it to run somewhere that’s worse for the Corp?

If they do that, you’ve just mitigated the disadvantage of Bioroids, namely clickability, so something like Viktor 1.0 really shines here. If they run it early, you rez it for free. If they run it late, they have to break it the hard way or eat the consequences.

3 Likes

But that’s true regardless of what the ICE is protecting -that’s just what brain taping does.

Yes, but Sundew is better at baiting runs than most cards are, and when it doesn’t bait a run has extremely relevant payoff.

1 Like

OK. It’s like your 4th through 6th copy of Adonis without the drawback of losing one credit if it’s trashed the first turn it fires. That influence cost though…

The influence makes me want melange, even higher must run priority, faster gain back, equally likely to trigger unless the runner runs it before you use it.

4 Likes

I was thinking you could play it in the 22 influence ID for a second. Whoops.

So, Gheist was mostly dismissed when he was announced. Seemed janky at most.
So, now that some time has passed and almost every thread I read says that criminal is at the bottom. Could this be good for Gheist? He’s the most shaper-esque of criminal. Cards like Clone Chip and Self-Modifying Code give him an extra benefit.
Also, everyone also says that Andy is jot that great since corps have a better early game now and Andy has a bad mid-game. Gheist has a weak ealry game, but if good thrash abilitys are available he could cycle through his deck really fast. Not spending clicks to draw in the faction with the worst draw has to be good.
Is anyone else on the Gheist train with me?

I am definitely going to try him out. Many existing strong cards as well as the new breakers trigger his ability. I’m thinking the new breakers with AI backup support. Not sure but will give it a spin. Maybe @spags knows the definite answer on whether he is good or not.

Can someone quote his ability once more ?
I wonder if ChopBot makes him draw twice…