SanSan Cycle Spoilers

I’d say one thread is good.

1 Like

(Making sure I’m in the right thread this time…)

One thread is fine. Cycles are designed as one. Example: It would be weird to talk about cybernetics division without the current they’re getting in the Underway, and spoilers don’t always come attached to a box. Multiple are awkward.

2 Likes

Yeah, there are big awkwardnesses with things like Grail ICE, the “Home Invasion Suite” of Icebreakers, etc.

I’d say one thread per cycle/big box makes the most sense.

6 Likes

I think we could take it a step further and have all spoilers in one thread

B&E (BnE) breaking and entering for you non felons

2 Likes

Home Invasion Suite?

Crowbar, et al.

The thug suite.

Thug is more about violence/intimidation, not so much burglary.

Shiv isn’t exactly a burglar tool either.

1 Like

I think only having to follow one thread is ideal.

Nice in theory, but will be harder to jump into, overall. If I’m away for a week and D&D gets spoiled, having all of that in one place makes things simpler.

Also might help those that don’t like spoilers TOO far in advance. Want to talk about SanSan but not D&D? C’mon in!

Thug life leans and looks while you have 12 breakers installed and you refuse to run. Just lean.

LEAN TO VICTORY.

#ThugLife

3 Likes

Chrome City release announcement.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/5/29/chromeheads-and-head-games/

It mostly talks about Oaktown Renovation in a way that makes me feel like someone had to phone it in a bit. Forgetting Self-Destruct doesn’t tag, for instance. Suggesting Punitive and SEA-Scorch as ways to use it as bait. Things like that.

You say that like those announcements are usually on the ball.

1 Like

A history of being disappointed doesn’t make disappointment less frustrating to see.

FFG needs to hire 2-3 more people to do ANR I feel like:

• One to manage the rules and produce more prompt official rulings while also making sure the card text is as clear as possible and does precisely what they WANT (no Caissa - Scherazade accidental nombo due to a wording error and a dislike of errata).
  • One to write these releases and make them more interesting and connected to the game itself on a number of levels (even the more competitive FFG articles are rife with these kinds of errors here and there) and/or to edit the things others write – and perhaps also to drip spoilers in a manner similar to spoiler-ken but official, so as to keep building interest while retaining control over what gets announced when (though I think that it’s silly how little FFG seems to get how much spoilers HELP their sales right now given their seeming lack of interest in doing it for themselves).
  • One to provide additional design/development support, because as good as Lucas is it’s crazy having him do so much without a dedicated assistant/colleaguw whose main focus is ANR as well. Would potentially help keep the “this is too good and we need to ship, here’s a nerf let’s go” stuff that apparently happens from time to time down and smooth out some of those card issues.

That’s just my opinion, anyway. But for how popular ANR is, and how popular it could be, they really need to sink some resources into it. (Read: I really WANT them to do this.)

6 Likes

Yeah. They’re missing a lot of potential in probably the best game for OP out there.

I’m not sure that the first two would be full time positions - although they need a rules manager something fierce for all their other games.

2 Likes

Then make it two people and divide the third between the first two. They need someone managing rules and related text and they need someone managing their PR/marketing to customers better, particularly on the spoiler/teaser/article side of things. The initial announcements tend to be okay, the follow-ups less so, and having people more involved in development/playtesting/OP doing the write-ups would be nice for suggesting things that actually make mechanical AND flavour sense, not just one or the other.

And similarly, they could be getting a small article on strategy or a cycle of cards or something out on a monthly basis independent of releases, I feel like, with a larger team. Or have a design Q&A thing. Or just… more connection to the community and the competitive scene when discussing the game. I dunno.

Or just have some pedantic asshole proofread your articles. (I volunteer!)

1 Like