Second Annual SSCI Thread

Could i join the SSCI if i got second but getting a regional bye?

Sadly,

It’s only people who placed first.

1 Like

Hi folks, I signed up for this, but I’m worried that the organisers will think my signup form is some form of joke, because the name and address of the store I won an SC at looks made-up. It’s this place, look at the address and you’ll see what I mean: Redirecting... Apart from having an address that looks like some place that you have to go through a dimensional portal to a fantasy land to get to, they also never bothered to submit the tournament results to Acoo, so I thought I’d post here and let you know it’s real and can provide proof if you contact me.

4 Likes

How many players are signed up so far?

1 Like

Whoa, that is some dedicated hustlin. Not only creating a FB page for a made up Game Store, but also gettin the fake store into the maps part with a fake address :open_mouth:

Hacking level: 1k

I don’t even care that it is all faked, hacker enough to be allowed to play an invitational event for a game about hacking.

I bet there is even a real faked Bye Card (with or without the “Androil” spelling)

3 Likes

And (as usual with such hoaxes) all fails as they forgot about one tiny detail: adding results to Acoo :wink:

not only that, I even made up MORE EVENTS FOR OTHER GAMES run by that store to make their fake Facebook profile more convincing! :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, come on, when I saw the SC being advertised on fb I thought that their address was made up! I wasn’t sure it was real until I actually saw the street sign! Doesn’t hurt to make sure people believe me! :slight_smile:

The address of this store made me laugh so hard. Thank you so much for this.

1 Like

A small suggestion: offer some sort of participation prize (like a forum badge / title) awarded to all participants who don’t drop from the tournament. That way strength of schedule isn’t as swingy.

6 Likes

Surely they’ll apply the new tournament rules and calculations, which mitigate SoS problems due to dropping?

When is the deadline to enter?

How many people we got signed up so far?

Will 23 Seconds be legal?

The form for decklist submission is ready!

Decklists are due Wednesday July 13 at 12 Noon EDT.

The SSCI will start at 10am EDT on Saturday July 16.

6 Likes

Does it mean 23 Seconds is not legal?

I am going to go out on a limb and say definitely not legal

From Dans Reddit post today.

“Decklists are due Wednesday, July 13 at 12 noon EDT. Sets up to 23 Seconds will be legal for the event, which starts at 10AM.”

Is the set not going to be out then?

I thought someone had already gotten it.

It was spoiled but its not released. Expected street date is 7/14/16. Most of the cards are not automated yet.

Seems safest to not play with 23 secs if it’s not coded yet.

2 Likes