[Sol] Suntax

(brag) this deck is currently something like 12-3 vs random guys on Jinteki.net, so I think it’s now close to T1.5 and may have something new or unexpected to show.

At the same time, I don’t really know how I did it but just beated a Minh Maxx (maybe luck). Other notable victories vs known lists like Calimsha Kate, Maxx Faust, Wizard Faust and lots of current or old runner archetypes (Androstealth, Good stuff Gabe, Headlock Reina).

Those games were very very close, I don’t pretend the opposite, but did it. So maybe that’s loads of luck involved, but I’m starting to think I found something.

Oh and the name, sorry for this. That was evident to me. Was about to call it Headlock Sol but it was copying.(/brag)

…and ok was utterly steamrolled by a Kate bypass everything with Security Nexus / Rabbit Hole / Femme Fatale. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if the deck is tournament-ready because it have some components of pure shellgames and need RP-like training to play fast.

Anyway, here’s the list :
Suntax

New Angeles Sol: Your News (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (9)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) •••
2x Project Beale (Future Proof)
1x 15 Minutes (Data and Destiny)

Asset (7)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
3x Marked Accounts (Cyber Exodus)
1x Project Junebug (Core Set)

Upgrade (4)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) ••••
2x Keegan Lane (Data and Destiny)

Operation (11)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Interns (Mala Tempora)
2x Paywall Implementation (The Spaces Between) ••••
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
2x Targeted Marketing (The Spaces Between)

Barrier (5)
1x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
2x Quicksand (Chrome City)
2x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (6)
2x Archangel (Data and Destiny)
2x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set)

Sentry (7)
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
3x News Hound (Data and Destiny)
1x Sherlock 1.0 (Trace Amount) ••
15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

So basically you create problems for the runner with basic combos / synergies, until the runner have too much of them and loose. Most of the problems comes from, or is linked to money, creating sometimes a very unusually strong phase 3 for the corp.

If you’re familiar with an old defence used for Jinteki at C&C times, that was called homeworking. That deck gives you money homeworks, loads and loads of it, a little like Headlock Reina gives you, so this matchup in particular is really interesting to play.

I don’t know if you want more comments or less comments ?
I also don’t know if it need skills or luck to play it, but mine are sufficient for the moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beal is not a GFI, with Beal you need another point.

About that agenda suite, me and others found this agenda suite usefull because there’s a dillution trap behind it : the runner must find 4 agenda, you need 3, or 3 + 15 minutes, which is a kind of a eel.

With a Beal you need a second 1pter, like a 2/1 : that would have no strategic interest but to fire a current from the archives and get a slot (that would better be a current). And sometimes you would need 5 agendas to score 7 points.

The “look and feel” of this deck is not classical FA or T&B NBN. It’s more like classical Weyland stuff with tax instead of damage, or HB traditional shell games without brain damage.

NBN’s third approach, damaging runner’s money & creating homework, passive-agressive play if you like.

This looks like a perfectly serviceable list. I have been trying out The Future is Now in place of BN to help fetch currents but this list looks similar to one I had.

The project junebug is a big ol’ head scratcher to me.

1 Like

I don’t understand Data Raven in this list. Sure, you have Keegan, but that’s it for tag punishment.

@CJFM : you can put an Astro counter after a run is successfull to kill someone with a Junebug. Used to bait runs otherwise, or make loose a certain number of cards. IA it, if Andro runs it then she loose her power somehow.
Not a huge loss if the runner don’t bite, you have usually money.
Also, when trashed by the runner, a new problem for him is “he plays advancable traps. Maybe I won’t run each time”. Typically happens when you don’t have money to protect it, so this helps too. One inf for a Junebug is not a loss in a slow deck.

@hargleblarg most players removes tags. If they don’t, you can trash the runner’s ressources (and you will because you have money : if you suspect DLR, TM it). If the runner runs it, it’s 80% of the time a run then clic -2c untag. It’s taxing more than tollbouth for an inferior price to rez.

So the number of bumpable ice in this deck is… 3 : Eli and WoS. Everything else cost credits and/or clics

You can put something like DR / QS / Tollbouth in front of the most spammed central to stop that spam. It’s very basic play, but it works.

I don’t understand how you can score a 5/3 with this deck, surely any runner with Clone Chips can get in even through Keegan Lane? Apart from that, this deck looks good although I would replace the Quicksands because fuck that card. I suppose you can use Targeted Marketing on Parasite, which would be a nice play.

1 Like

For 5/3 you can either iaa - sacrifice them and come back with a new agenda, bait runs with triple upgrades, Jackson, ia junebug or ia 15 minutes, TM parasites (default choice vs Anarch: parasites are not in current Crim / Shaper decks, and those who play it have econ problems).

You’ve got an answer for lots of situations, including DLR deck naming dlr or fall guys.

The problems with this deck are very high link runners, runners who clic endlessly on MO (but running slow vs NBN is not a reflex + eventually you’ll rush an Astro, so it’s not autowin), agendas fload, bad runner reading and those games where you don’t have a running current very fast.

About QS, this card is so strong vs anything not Anarch that’s it’s at a rigth place for me. That’s solving Atman problems too. Anarch have usually money problems and the decks playing larla creates 15c swing windows aka corp syphon if you can intercept larla with a TM :slight_smile:

Those without larla can play parasite, so if you’re uninspired and must play TM, name this for Anarchs, Lady for Shaper, and Syphon for crim.

Same as Paywall implementation (and late game, Quicksand) - grind down the runner. Floating tags with NBN is scary, especially with stuff like Closed Accounts, Information Overload, ASI, etc…