Southern Megacity Circuit

We plan to have all the dates locked in by the first week of April. Awesome you guys came out last year. We want to try to give areas some flexibility to plan around their local Regional dates.

Awesome idea, so good to see it getting off the ground. I’ll see if I can make it to NC twice this summer, maybe in place of traveling to a 3rd regional.

1 Like

Just going to add into the interest for some type of feeder in Louisiana. I know of at least two venues that would host, whether they’d be up for the $75 feed-in is another question.

This sounds great, any excuse to go to Atomic Empire is a good one. Any idea when you will have a date on the finals in ATL?

3 Likes

Working on all the dates now.

We can work a bit if the $75 is an issue, but honestly just look at it like at $10 a pop that’s 8 people to cover it. If it might be more of an issue charge $15 and the first 5 players cover that fee. Then the shop can keep everything past that. I feel it seems pretty reasonable. Just working out the logistics and getting the money safely to the prize pool is why we want to add “board” members from each state. So if you guys set up one or two let us know who is the representative so hopefully we can make it as easy for the store as possible.

This is our first go at this, so not everything will be perfect. We are definitely open for suggestions to improve.

When would be the deadline for setting up for a feeder event.?

Would like all the dates confirmed prob by first of April. Also keep in mind if the event is a bust please don’t think anyone has to come out of pocket. We aren’t monsters :wink:

The prize donation just comes after the event is ran and we can see what can be tossed in. Should be good times.

Awesome news on hosting this event, guys… It’s cool to see another major event pop up that isn’t Regionals/Nationals/Worlds. I’ve been wondering when these MTG Pro Tour-style events would start popping up. Hopefully this will inspire others to do the same in their areas. If FFG doesn’t want to start holding more Plugged-In style events, it seems like we should take the matter into our own hands

Also… Atomic Empire, represent! AE is really turning into the hub of the NC Netrunner community, which is awesome. Glad to see another epic event added to the schedule. And here I thought it was gonna get boring between SCs and Regionals… :smile:

1 Like

Just a little more progress . . . .

Southern Megacity Circuit

3 Likes

If you still need a spot in Alabama please consider us, we have an active Netrunner group that meets every Saturday.
Our store is over 12k square feet with about 3500 sq feet devoted to gaming.
The DeeP, Comics & Games

2 Likes

Thanx for this impetus. We’re straight up stealing this for the Midwest. Details forthcoming.

10 Likes

you’re involving ohio in this too, right? hit up @DJhedgehog and/or me!

2 Likes

Corwin has been informed. Looking at MI, OH, IN (maybe), KY, IL, WI, MN (maybe).

3 Likes

So legit. Bubba_Deep hit me up via the contact link or message here. We might be able to work something out :wink:

Just took that little spark to ignite the fire.

1 Like
1 Like

Hit up @hypomodern and I for MI representation.

1 Like

Alright, AL in final steps to lock in second date. LA you guys still looking to set one up? Plenty of time just wanting to know if it was in process.

Looking to make some more updates to the site. This is awesome everyone. You guys lock in and we have most of the south eastern states covered :wink:

Some of us are talking it over, we have a tournament today, so we’re going to try and get a general feel of it.

1 Like

Sounds good. Hit me up if any questions pop up.

1 Like

Updates to the website as well as details for most of the qualifiers locked in.

We’ll also be streaming the first event on Twitch! Details in a news post on the website.

Gonna be good times.

2 Likes