Stealth Anarch

So reading about the success of Stealth Kim and Stealth Andy, I wanted to think about what would a Stealth Anarch deck be. First thought is “it doesn’t work” because Black Cat is no more efficient for Ice over 3, compared to Refactor and Switchblade. Next to this is the fact the only in faction Stealth credit generator is for Black Cat, requiring importing of Cloak and Switchblade. Without SMC or Special Order means running at least 2 of a breaker for some sort of consistency. Kit works great with Refractors and Decoders, Andy has the consistency needed to bring out a stealth setup.

But with Cutlery it means those cheap breaks can take out ice stacking that can hold back Stealth runs. Datasucker can mean break even on Eli runs instead of the 2 for Corroder. Parasite takes care of low end Ice as well. Mimic can take care of Guard/Caud/Architect, and Yog for everything up to Lotus Field.

So another consideration I was having was Chopbot/Wyldside for draw, or just Duggars or Earthrise. Getting the money and getting the pieces seems to be the two obstacles

Any other considerations to think of?

This is what I had dancing in my head for the moment.
Stealth Kim

Edward Kim: Humanity’s Hammer (Order and Chaos)

Event (13)
2x Day Job (Order and Chaos)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
1x Forked (Order and Chaos)
2x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
2x Knifed (Order and Chaos)
1x Stimhack (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (8)
3x Dyson Fractal Generator (Double Time)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x Vigil (Order and Chaos)

Resource (6)
3x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains) •

Icebreaker (8)
2x BlacKat (First Contact)
1x Mimic (Core Set)
2x Refractor (First Contact) ••••
2x Switchblade (Up and Over) ••••
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (10)
3x Cloak (Creation and Control) ••••• •
2x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
1x Medium (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)
1x Progenitor (Order and Chaos)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

The big problem I see with this is twofold - 1) getting the right silverware and 2) getting enough of it, as you only have Deja Vu for recursion.

Cool idea though.

The key piece that makes BlacKat work in my opinion is Datasucker - it goes from ‘meh’ at 3 strength to ‘HOLY SHIT’ at 4. (I’ve been using Personal touch in a shaper stealth deck for this purpose).

I dislike Masanori here. He’s good, but tags tend to be nasty for stealth decks, although this one seems a bit less reliant on ghost runner to hold thing together. I’d experiment with earthrise for sure. Earthrise also gives you a shot to draw day job while you have all your clicks, which is nice.

You mention Parasite in the blurb, but it’s not in your list. Is that intentional?

Finally - Stimhack? Why? This deck isn’t brute forcing with credits very often (if ever), and there’s no sink for the credits mid run like a clone chip. Might just want another Day Job, Deja Vu, or IHW over it.

Memory might also be an issue. with 3 breakers, we’ve got two spare slots, plus Progenitor. that’s not much. Djinn would be my solution, because it also helps us tutor up the one-of viruses, and can host cloaks and D4v1d. If parasite comes back in, I’d also give Memstrips a go.

Utopia Shard is a great card, but if you’re packing Kim+ice ice destruction, I’d go for a lot of other stuff over it- you’re plenty disruptive already. Most notably, Express Delivery seems great for this deck,as it’s trying to piece together stuff to go off with, but doesn’t have enough money for QT really.

TBH, I don’t think going full Stealth is that good for Anarch. I think a case could be made for BlacKat as your breaker (though that’s really more a case for Dyson tbh).

But beyond that, I think some form of breaker tutoring needs to be available for it to really work, as there are cases where Yog and Mimic are just better. However, if you splash Special Order you cut into your influence, which you need for Stealth credits and breakers. You can rely on Datasucker to an extent, but if you splash breakers you need something other than Ghost Runner.

Going Cutlery seems counter-intuitive to what you want to do. Destroyed ice doesn’t need breakers at all, and the deceased need for breakers reduces the value of Stealth.

Yea My original build was just Knifed for large sentries and 3 parasite for the rest. Memstrips so I don’t have to find one for the other, but at a 3 drop felt hard to use. Cutlery meant also not using memory on Parasite and getting the large Ice out when burning stealth. Masanori was just an option to make the most out of the runs. Yea Stimhack does feel out of place. That could be more econ. Express Delivery sounds like a good option.

I still feel I’m going to need something Draw though.

The biggest weakness/problem with Switch blade has been stacking sentries. Forked is a nice solution to that problem.

I’d give Earthrise a whirl in Masanori spot for testing. Se how that goes.

If Anarchs had the stealth sentry breaker MaxX would be nuts for a stealth deck, so long as you don’t mind tipping your hand pretty much right away to your opponent regarding what kind of a MaxX deck you were.

I still feel like Blackat is the hardest stealth breaker to justify right now, especially in a world where retrieval run/morningstar exists alongside actual card draw in faction.

Not saying it cannot work, its just that Anarchs don’t bring a lot to the stealth table. Save for the excellent argument about using stealth credits to destroy ice with cutlery. Anarch’s lack the tools and the influence to make a compelling and competitive stealth deck right now.

1 Like

Fair enough, I suppose.
Still not really feeling the synergy overall though.

It definitely is the hardest to push form ‘hunk of junk’ to ‘good’. It requires both some sort of strength modification (ice carver, data sucker, personal touch, net ready eyes) and stealth credits to go off, but it is also the most functional without stealth credits.

RR out Mourningstar is a good point in MaxX, or with Inject, but if you’re already doing stealth + silverware stuff, then BlacKat seems logical enough.

I’ve been running it in a shaper stealth deck, and it pulls a surprising amount of weight. I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point during testing it was strength 4, because that little difference really changes the breaker.

I agree.

At the time they did a good job of allowing BlackAt to be played in general due to the fact it can be pumped with normal credits.

But I feel like the meta before O&C was all about Sentries. It seemed like if you didn’t have an answer for repeated, low strength, multi-sub ice you would be in for hard times.

Post O&C, this may or may not still be the case. I think so long as taxing RP is a major archetype, we will need a solution to taxing sentries. Something that Switchblade provides so, so well.

Today, BlackAt is the second best breaker you can have against Eli 1.0, the gold standard of barriers. With datasucker support, it becomes the best breaker you can pack against Eli, for a smaller credit investment.

Alright, you got me sold enough to see what jank I can throw together.

My attempt at Stealth Edward… not sure its viable.

Terrible Stealth Edward

Event (18)
3x Day Job (Order and Chaos)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
2x Forked (Order and Chaos)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
2x Special Order (Core Set) ••••

Hardware (7)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (8)
1x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
3x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains) •

Icebreaker (4)
1x Refractor (First Contact) ••
1x Switchblade (Up and Over) ••

Program (8)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Djinn (Core Set)
1x Medium (Core Set)

45 cards (min 45)

Maybe an interesting datapoint, I played a stealth whiz deck in a GNK tournament (Stealth Whiz · NetrunnerDB), it’s not great, its really hard to find your 2 of breakers. Based on my experience, I think those special orders in your list are necessary, I tried using duggars to even things out, but it’s no replacement for a tutor. I didn’t have any problems with repeated breaking, it was just really hard to find your rig before you lost the game, so I’m not sure how much cutlery will help with that problem, but all of the extra draw could make it more consistent.

Played a bit last night, but yea that Special Order is pretty necessary. Earthrise at 2 wasn’t enough, and it doesn’t last long enough for all the pieces to come together. Duggars is a hard pull because of the discard at the end. I am thinking of doing Wyldside Chopbot instead. This is a nonbo with Day job, so might change that and IHW for it. Dirty Laundry might be a good replacement. Mimic was good for the one Architect he rezzed, but I was slow playing because he got Wisps on his HQ/R&D and a server, so I was holding onto Special Orders to get breakers back. I’m thinking dropping a cloak for the third Ghost Runner and using the spare inf for another SO. Memory is tight enough that I’m not getting that third cloak in anyway, and worse if I want a Mimic or Yog to take care of small Ice that won’t die. I also made a dumb play putting a parasite on an Ice wall he got up to 8 str, which wasn’t too bad with BlackCat and a Sucker token was able to handle.

I guess the argument here is Cloak credits can come back which covers economy in most parts, but the initial setup cost is the hard part.

Then on second thought, If I have Wyldside and Chopbot, it also sort of redundant going with Vigil. Vigil was great that game, firing a good 6-7 times I think, but always drew into something useful. If I don’t run Vigil because I have Wyldside out, that could go as a Spinal Modem, as reoccuring credits will pay off with all these cheap runs. But that drawback might hurt other matchups and at 4 cost the money might not be there.

Current Plan.
Stealth Kim

Event (9)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
1x Express Delivery (Honor and Profit) •
3x Special Order (Core Set) ••••• •

Hardware (11)
1x Chop Bot 3000 (Order and Chaos)
2x MemStrips (Order and Chaos)

Resource (8)
3x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
2x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (11)
2x Cloak (Creation and Control) ••••
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
1x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set)

45 cards (min 45)

Alright more testing, figured these problems. Spending a click to install single programs takes up too much time, and having to click for money makes it worse. I have enough pieces to spend time putting down. So Wyldside becomes a problem when the clicks stop coming. Harder is packing something to just turn it off. Vigil fires reasonably well enough. Another thought is while I need the Memstrips to keep out some virus pressure, I could feasibly run with a single cloak.

Networking because tags are not fun.
Stealth Kim

Event (12)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
1x Networking (Humanity’s Shadow) •
3x Special Order (Core Set) ••••• •

Hardware (9)
2x Vigil (Order and Chaos)

Resource (9)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Mimic (Core Set)

Program (10)
2x Cloak (Creation and Control) ••••
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
1x Medium (Core Set)
2x Parasite (Core Set)

45 cards (min 45)

Here’s the problem with networking - you have to remove several tags with it before it becomes good at all. I’d honestly put in Express delivery or Easy Mark in over it.

2 Likes

Heck that was tempted to throw in a Net Celeb for that running credit. And just to shut up ELP play.

1 Like

So set up time is still hindering aggression, and money is still an issue. I think I would go Kati, because if I needed money I don’t need it until I got the things I need to install. Casts doesn’t last long enough. Armitage has the same issue. Finding the pieces should probably come first.

Stealth Kim

Event (11)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
1x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow) •
2x Special Order (Core Set) ••••

Hardware (10)

Resource (7)
1x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
1x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
2x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Mimic (Core Set)

Program (12)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
1x Medium (Core Set)
2x Parasite (Core Set)

45 cards (min 45)

Day Job Makes Liberated more viable, and Liberated was better than Armitage in click compression. David does wonders for Wormhole and the new Ice, but having only Reflector and burning a SO on that Switchblade instead was a problem. I think QT now is better because I can bank up faster and QT the next turn and be able to use most things drawn. Masanori is great, so that might be worth replacing the Earthrise with.

So this deck was still too slow for Titan FA. The guy I played didn’t have ToL so he swapped in San Sans. So that made Kim just a bit worse. A single QT didn’t seem to work too well. With Vigil Memory was kind of an issue. Was actually being kept out of places with just Enigma. I think some AI breaker is needed.

Random test, taking out a Sucker, throwing in a Yog. Stick in a Deja to recur SO if I need something special.

1 Like