Stealth integration - Chaos Theory

Stealth isnt exactly a new type of breaker, but this last cycle we have been given a few tools to help bolster what might be viewed as an incomplete concept.
it’s certainly efficient so long as you have the tools to exploit them, and don’t go all in on a concept that could possibly leave you hanging.

my deck:
CT - STEALTH THEORY

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Event (11)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Indexing (Future Proof)
3x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Hardware (8)
3x Lockpick (Opening Moves)
3x Silencer (Double Time) ••••• ••••
2x The Personal Touch (Core Set)

Resource (3)
3x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
2x Refractor (First Contact)
1x Snowball (Trace Amount)
2x Switchblade (Up and Over) ••••

Program (12)
3x Cloak (Creation and Control)
3x Leprechaun (Upstalk)
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

15 influence spent (max 15)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Up and Over

recurring credits, card draw and a starting sizable MU amount are all PROS… however a lack of pressure to HQ and even RnD to a degree are questionable.

regarding personal touch: these can become RnD interfaces, however ontop of Refractor or corroder and against glacier ontop of snowball, are a rather good investment.
originally i was thinking Dinosaurus… but the tempo hit you take is too much, given the setup you need.

Ghost runner: this is your “i cant setup right now, i need to get through that ice”

so what do y’all think?

Looks reasonable, but with Dagger in faction couldn’t you use that instead of Switchblade and save 4 influence? It’s a really good target for your Personal Touch too.

Dagger is really inefficient for the stealth cost… for 2 stealth creds, switchblade gets +7 str (archer range) and breaks ALL the subroutines.
whereas dagger for 1 stealth cred gets +5 str and uses 1 cred per subroutine.

this is useful for things like jinteki ice, lots of subs. 1 stealth cred to break ALL the subs

Switchblade really wants Sucker support though, otherwise two non-Rototurret/Pup sentries in quick succession will suck you dry faster than a trophy wife.

As for the original list - shouldn’t two of those Leprechauns be Astrolabes, and the third one just be a generally useful card (like, say, a third Personal Touch)?

1 Like

yea, i was thinking of using them to go a little harder into the whole… cloak route. but adding the third personal touch might be a better idea.
hadn’t thought of sucker support to ease the stealth cred burden.
my first iteration of the deck was using deja vu to recur the ghost runners.
astrolabe will help draw into more stealth creds to hopefully stay caught up with switchblade usage

Here is my take on CT Stealth:

Chaos Theory Stealth

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Event (10)
3x Diesel (Core)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Infiltration (Core)
3x Sure Gamble (Core)

Hardware (12)
3x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
1x HQ Interface (Humanity’s Shadow) ··
3x Lockpick (Opening Moves)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
3x Silencer (Double Time) ····· ····

Resource (8)
3x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
3x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)

Icebreaker (7)
3x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
2x Refractor (First Contact)
2x Switchblade (Up and Over) ····

Program (3)
3x Cloak (Creation and Control

Kati Jones could be another economy card (Daily Casts, Armitage Codebusting) and Masanoris could become Plascrete if need be or Clone Chip for a Lady reset from the heap.

Influence saved on Corroder can be spent on an HQ Interface for more HQ pressure. 3x Silencer really makes influence tight.

Sucker support was my justification for trying to run Stealth Anarch, next to Parasite and Mimic. But the influence spend on Cloak and also really needing SO meant fewer stealth creds for the Switchblade. I probably could get rid of the Plascrates for more draw in my deck, but I still think the overall setup time is still too long.

Stealth Anarch is the worst simply because you have to import too many pieces, and their faction specific stealth breaker, Blackcat, is not really better than Corroder.

As for Chaos Theory, extra MU is great but because so many 1 cost hardware and programs have to be installed, Kate might just be the better choice.