Stimhack League Jinteki Round 2

played a good game versus “Slain” as PE who said they were signed up for the league. can’t seem to find you. if you see this, lemme know what your username on there is. if you were lying, oh well, it was a fun game anyway. you had me sweating

Had a disconnect from @dapperatchik - connection issues?

Just had a game with “Desputias” who played a Blue Sun deck on the murder plan. I dont seem to be able to find you on the league. Lemme know what your user name on there is please

I think this was for the elite or something, im glad I can join!

Desputias is @Terrificy on the ChallengeBoards, I believe.

1 Like

Thanks for that

Just played a game with midseasonspsycho on Jinteki but can’t find them on the Challenge Boards. Any ideas?

As a general tip (for everyone), before you start your game, ask them for the name they use on the challenge boards. Then, go look up that name. If it’s not there, chat with the other person and try and figure out why. Sometimes they forget, sometimes they sign up for the website and not the league itself. Either way, it helps combat the “I played a game but wru?” blues.

2 Likes

That is a good shout. I double checked they were in the SHL but not their challengeboard name. D’oh!

Can someone please give me a conclusion of OCTGN vs Jinteki.net and why the switch occured? Is the majority of online Netrunner players moving to Jinteki?
P.S.: Searched the previous SHL Jinteki topic and didn’t find a satisfactory answer.

I’m certain I let you know about my name in the pre-game lobby, but I get why it can be hard to recall post-match.

1 Like

There isn’t really a switch, there’s just 2 leagues.

You most likely did and I missed it / just plain forgot. All sorted now :slight_smile:

Ah thanks for clearing up that misunderstanding.
Does anyone know if there is any data about amounts of games played on one platform vs the other? Or just personal experience and guesstimation of how popular they are compared to each other?

You can check how many games are played per day on their league pages.
As to comparing Jinteki popularity to OCTGN: in December there were 56527 games played on Jinteki and 3884 on OCTGN.
edit: Sources: Jinteki.net discussion - #233 by mtgred http://84.205.248.92/slaghund/slagview.aspx

3 Likes

I think a lot of the difference is down to the fact that OCTGN was created as a platform for pretty much any card game, whereas Jinteki.net was made by a Netrunner player for playing Netrunner on, so the interface is simpler and more targeted because it needs to do fewer things. Also j.net being browser based is a plus, as you can play it more easily on the go (e.g. I can use my Chromebook for j.net but not for OCTGN). Hope this helps clear it up for you a bit.

5 Likes

This is a good tip Saan, I’d recommend it.

Yesterday I looked at the top 10 standings and asked all the people in the top 10 at the moment I looked what they were playing. Here are the results and the early meta picture:

Corp side:
4.5 NEH
3.5 Regular Rp
1 Grail RP
1 Horizontal Gagarin Troll Deck

(.5 is someone telling me they were playing 50/50)

Runner side:
1 Hailey Pawnshop
2 Proco Kates
1 Apocalypse Kate
4 Noise
1 Apocalypse Maxx
1 BarnacleShop Maxx

So this a roughly early look at what is winning. Thanks to the top 10 for being so helpful! (As a side note KP was in the top 10 but I couldn’t find their stimhack account, so I took the 11th person instead, feel free to make an account and message me if you’d like). Anyone in the top 10 is welcome to post and clarify their exact decklists if they’d like. I’ll make another one next Saturday.

5 Likes

I have such a rough time while playing this deck… And I’m usually pretty good with MaxX. I hope this player makes it in the top 4 so I can see the magic happen!

What even is a BarnacleShop?! :smiley:
Netrunner decknames have officially jumped the shark.

5 Likes