Stimhack League Round 8

I have waited a while to do the next round since first the UKSHL was running and I didn’t want them to clash, then I assumed everyone was too busy smurfing and prepping for worlds. But now that that’s done let’s try to get more games played in SHL8 then the previous round and continue the upwards trend of the league :smiley:

To take part, please create or have a Stimhack account (which you don’t need to use, but it gives me a point of contact in case of dispute).

I’ll give an introduction for anyone who isn’t aware of what it is (veterans can skip ahead to section labeled skip to here). You play other people in the league and record your results on challenge boards. You find games by either joining the Stimhack slack channel #shl, or just creating a game and saying Stimhack League or SHL in the title. Then confirm your opponent is in the league (there has been a problem with non-leaguers joining, please be polite). After playing your game, the winning person records your results on the challenge boards. At the end of the league, the top 4 players will have a 4 person playoff that will likely be streamed, with the winner being crowned champion.

Newer players are welcome, just be aware that this is a competitive league with people who will be netdecking. If that appeals to you, we’d love to have you even if you don’t feel you’re a great player. Anyone who wants to improve as a competitive player is welcome.

You don’t have to play both sides, but it is encouraged and you record BOTH SIDES SEPARATELY.

If either side disconnects, the game is considered to not count. If you feel you were in a clearly winning, feel free to discuss it with your opponent or PM me if they don’t agree.

Veterans skip to here

The SHL is following the ANRPC Code of Conduct. Please be respectful online (http://www.anrplayerscircuit.com/code-of-conduct).
Packs will go legal as they become Tournament Legal on Jinteki. There will be some amount of lag time from release, but I trust the Jinteki crew to keep things updated quickly.

Here is the challenge boards link (if you’re new, you’ll need to make an account, please make it the same name as Jinteki and stimhack):

http://www.challengeboards.net/boards/standings/11515
The password is “callmeishmael” (minus the quotes “”).

You have to play at least 10 games to be eligible to make the top-4 playoffs.

The league starts Monday 11/13 and ends Monday 12/11.

10 Likes

The code of conduct link is broken for me. Hope to participate in this league :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I might try this time! I’ve been finding more time a few nights/week to hop on Jinteki, and I think it would be fun.

Can someone remind me (or point me to) the general rules for deck building for this? How much of your decks are you allowed to change between rounds/games? For example, do we need to keep the same IDs throughout the tournament, or could you literally change your whole deck each game?

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, copy/paste error :smile:

1 Like

Change your decks as much as you want as long as they’re legal. This isn’t a Swiss or Elimination tournament like other online ones, so there’s never been a deck modification limit in the SHL series.

2 Likes

This is step one in my training montage for Worlds 2018. If Rocky taught me anything, a training montage is the most important step along the path to losing, and then winning in the sequel.

9 Likes

Thanks for running gonna get some games in for sure but what is this strange date format? 13 months in a year?

1 Like

Blame challengeboards, I just copy the date from there x)

I’ve started the league early in case people wanted to play during the weekend. Also there is a issue when reporting games on challengeboards, it will say that there was an error and no emails will be sent out so make sure to check “match activity” after reports and after games to make sure you don’t accidentially report twice or something. And make sure to check and approve the right amount of games since if there are too many reported and they are also approved of the opponent there is nothing I can do about it. Basically just double check every approval and report you do.

I cannot register on challengeboards.net with a google account. Is this a bug or a feature?

It’s a bug. You’ll have to register with a normal account sadly.

Sorry for more of the dumb questions…

Does each game count as a “match”? So if I play 1 runner game and 1 corp game against the same opponent, do I mark that as 1 match win and 1 match loss?

Can we play multiple rounds/matches against the same opponent? I often have free time in spurts. If I and an opponent want to play multiple games, could I play 4 games in a row or something against the same person? Or can I play the same person again later that week on a different night?

Yes, each game is it’s own match, there are no restrictions to the amount of matches in general and against any one opponent, it’s just encouraged to play both sides against an opponent:

1 Like

I’ve managed to register and ready for some games. Hit me up on Jinteki or here.

New StimHack user here / casual Netrunner player… are matches usually in competitive lobby, or normal lobby? Have people found success just creating a game and titling it “Stimhack League” or something similar, or is it better to have a game lined up ahead of time?

I guess now is a good time to say that I’m looking for games, so hit me up if you want to play!

2 Likes

Hey @gophers79, welcome to stimhack!

Most commonly you’ll find games in the competitive lobby labeled SHL, I usually create a game and say in the slack-channel that I’ve made one.

2 Likes

Congrats @lpoulter, @TugtetguT, @bblum and @Apo on making top-4!

And thanks everyone for participating. We played more then double amount of games compared to last round with 40% more participants, good job :smiley:

I’ll wait until after new years to start the next league to see if we get any changes in the meta and so on.

2 Likes

@gejben is the top 4 stream today?

Late announcement but we’re about to play in like 10 minutes.

1 Like