Welcome to the information thread for the 11th Stimhack Online Cache Refresh (SOCR-11) tournament!
The goal of this post is for it to present you with all the information you need to participate in the tournament.
Firstly, what is SOCR?
SOCR is an online tournament with modified deckbuilding rules. The format is based on the Cache Refresh format, which was a format where each player got 1 Big Box, 1 Core Set, Terminal Directive, and the two latest cycles with which to build their decks.
Unlike most tournaments, which take up an entire day, the SOCR tournament takes place over the course of a month and a half. Each week, players are assigned an opponent and you have a week to schedule and play a match with them. After 5-6 rounds of this, the players who did the very best are paired against each other for a final cut to determine the winner.
What is the format for SOCR-11?
We’ve had two exciting updates from NISEI that we are going to incorporate into this tournament:
- The rotation of Creation and Control
- The release of the second half of the Ashes cycle: Uprising
In order to best reflect these changes, decks in SOCR-11 will be using the following deckbuilding rules:
Each deck must contain only:
- Cards from System Core 2019
- Cards from a single Deluxe Expansion (Big Box), except Creation and Control. Unlike previous tournaments, this includes Reign and Reverie. In other words, for each deck, players can include cards from one of these four options:
- Cards from the latest two cycles:
- Cards from the Magnum Opus champions pack
Additionally, decks are required to follow all MWL rules for deck construction.
How do I participate?
Sign-ups will be available soon. When registering, people will choose an identity and a big box for both Corp and Runner. Players are locked into those identities and big boxes for the remainder of the tournament.