Stimhack Online Cache Refresh 5 starts March 11

Stimhack Online Cache Refresh 5 will begin Sunday, March 11.

How will the tournament work?
This will be an online version of a regular FFG tournament with 4-6 weeks of Swiss pairings followed by a single elimination top cut. The number of Swiss rounds and the size of the top cut will be decided by regular FFG tournament guidelines for relaxed events. The top cut will be played in a best 2-of-3 games format.

Each Sunday night starting March 11, the tournament organizer will post pairings. Players will need to arrange games during the week and report results by the following Sunday. In other words, you will play one game per week.

Scoring will be standard with 3 points for a win. Players may not ID or two-for-one.

Policy Regarding Scheduling Conflicts
Pairings will be posted before midnight Eastern Time each week. Players should contact each other on Sunday or Monday to arrange a time to play before the reporting deadline. (Remember, you will both Corp and Run.) If a player does not respond to initial attempts to contact within 24 hours, they will forfeit the games for the week. (I’ll need documentation of attempts to contact.)

If players cannot reach a mutually agreeable time to play despite sincere attempts on both ends, then I will enter the results as a 3-3 tie unless one player agrees to concede the match to the other.

If problems with Jinteki or other connection issues disrupt a game. Start over.

If problems with Jinteki or other connection issues prevent the conclusion of a match before the deadline, it will be entered as a 3-3 split unless one player concedes the match to the other.

Will we be using the Cache Refresh bidding system?
No.

Each week you will play both Corp and Runner.

How do I join?

To sign up, you will need a Slack account. That is the best way to arrange games. If you do not provide a Slack username, your entry will be invalid. If you do not have a Slack account, you can use this link.

The Slack channel for this tournament is #cache_refresh_tourney.

This tournament is also listed on Always Be Running, where you can register and later link your deck lists.

What are the deck building rules?
We will use standard Cache Refresh deck building rules. At the start of the tournament you will select an ID for each side (runner/Corp). The card pool for your decks come from the following:

1 Revised Core Set (Core Set 2.0)
1 Terminal Directive
1 Big Box (this may be different for Runner and Corp)
The last two cycles of data packs (Red Sands & Kitara)

You may change the cards in your deck between weeks, but you cannot change your card pool. You must use the same big box for the whole tournament.

Cards are legal for the tournament when they hit their retail street date and are available on Jinteki.net.

Where can I post my match results?
Use this Google Form to report the results of you games. Only one player needs to submit match results each week.

How can I follow the tournament?
The pairings and standings can be found on the online tournament page.

You can find out when some matches are scheduled – and list your own – on this handy spreadsheet created by @osclate.

If you have any questions, please post here or over in the Slack channel.

Good luck and have fun.

1 Like

We have 12 players entered for SOCR 5. You still have lots of time to experiment with IDs and sign up before the games begin on March 11.

Players in the Slack channel are beginning to test decks. Soon Jinteki should have the latest data pack online and ready to play.

If you’ve thought about playing before but have not signed up for SOCR before, you have a week to go.

1 Like

I can speak very highly of the Cache Refresh format and the community around these tournaments that FightingWalloon puts on… they are absolutely delightful.

I hope you join in!

2 Likes

FIRST ROUND PAIRINGS: http://cobr.ai/tournaments/149/rounds

Results due by 5 p.m. EDT on Sunday, March 18, 2018.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

1 Like

Second round is under way.

Results due by 5 p.m. EDT on Sunday, March 25, 2018.

See pairings in the link above.

Third round has begun.

Games are due by Sunday, April 1, at 5 pm EDT.

Good luck and have fun.

A glitch with NRDB delayed the start of round 4.

Pairings are now up.

Please report all game results by 5 pm EDT Sunday, April 8.

GL HF

We have entered the last round of Swiss with a huge pile up of players trying to get into the top 8. It should be an interesting last round.

Pairings are up

Please report game results by 5 p.m. EDT Sunday, April 15.

Good luck and have fun!

1 Like